What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Changed Case and pc wont turn on *fixed

ech0

I changed case and now my pc wont turn on. The first boot it flashed and the fans turned on but then it turned of and now the fans dont even work 

I5 4460 gtx 1060 16gb ram 240gb ssd 1tb hdd 500w psu

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you've not plugged the motherboard in correctly or something? Or your power supply is ded

Take the battery out of the MB and put it back in again, should work.

(I believe the problem is that the system cant find the path of the drive you have your os on)

Check that in addition to the 24 pin ATX power connector on the mobo you have the 4-8pin EPS/CPU power connector plugged in as well - otherwise it won't power up correctly as described.

Take the battery out of the MB and put it back in again, should work.

(I believe the problem is that the system cant find the path of the drive you have your os on)
Tried that and it still didnt work.

Check that in addition to the 24 pin ATX power connector on the mobo you have the 4-8pin EPS/CPU power connector plugged in as well - otherwise it won't power up correctly as described.
Yep its plugged in :c

Tried that and it still didnt work.

Yep its plugged in :c
if all the power cables are in and it's still not turning on, then you either have a short, a faulty component, or the PSU is not strong enough for the machine.

Remove everything but the bare minimum. No GPU, no HDD no SSD, no CD Drive or anything. Just CPU, MOBO and PSU. Even take the ram out. If it power on then with no ram, you'll get a series of beeps to let you know it's missing - that's fine since it means all is working. Then add components one at a time and reboot. if it wont boot with even the bare essentials, you need to rebuild it and make sure you didnt miss anything. 

I.e. make sure the mobo is connected to standoffs and not just screwed into the case.

if all the power cables are in and it's still not turning on, then you either have a short, a faulty component, or the PSU is not strong enough for the machine.

Remove everything but the bare minimum. No GPU, no HDD no SSD, no CD Drive or anything. Just CPU, MOBO and PSU. Even take the ram out. If it power on then with no ram, you'll get a series of beeps to let you know it's missing - that's fine since it means all is working. Then add components one at a time and reboot. if it wont boot with even the bare essentials, you need to rebuild it and make sure you didnt miss anything. 

I.e. make sure the mobo is connected to standoffs and not just screwed into the case.
So tried what you said still no luck. I rebuilt it and it changed nothing what was weird was that the usb leds and devices connected to it light up but the pc wont actually turn on 

So tried what you said still no luck. I rebuilt it and it changed nothing what was weird was that the usb leds and devices connected to it light up but the pc wont actually turn on 
It doesn't exactly sound encouraging. So even with barebones Motherboard, cpu, psu and a screen connected - you push the power button and nothing?

To be sure - you definitely have the front panel power switch connected up correctly?

It doesn't exactly sound encouraging. So even with barebones Motherboard, cpu, psu and a screen connected - you push the power button and nothing?

To be sure - you definitely have the front panel power switch connected up correctly?
Yep when i press power nothing happens ive checked all the cables over 3x now :c

Yep when i press power nothing happens ive checked all the cables over 3x now :c
then either:

a) Something is damaged either from a short or static discharge

b) Front Panel connectors are not wired correctly

c) Something else has been missed.

Since your USB devices are lighting up - it is getting power from the PSU, but that doesn't tell a whole lot except that hopefully the mobo isn't dead. can you take a photo of your front panel wires on the mobo?

then either:

a) Something is damaged either from a short or static discharge

b) Front Panel connectors are not wired correctly

c) Something else has been missed.

Since your USB devices are lighting up - it is getting power from the PSU, but that doesn't tell a whole lot except that hopefully the mobo isn't dead. can you take a photo of your front panel wires on the mobo?
Take a photo of the front pannel connectors plugged into mobo?

Take a photo of the front pannel connectors plugged into mobo?
yeah, they're usually located down in the bottom right of the mobo usually like this:

panel_leitungen.jpg

you would have had to plug them in when you switched your case

RWznlzy.jpg

This is what I meant by the leds being on for the usb ports

5zjxRAR.jpg

This is what I meant by the leds being on for the usb ports
It's hard to see the power switch wired in in the first picture where it says + PW -
                                                                                                            -RES +

is there definitely the power connector on +PW- pins?

Mobo is deifnitely fitted on the brass standoffs on the case?

with the GPU out, can you take a photo of the phone mobo including both main power connectors from the PSU for the 24PIN and 8 pin power, and you're 100% double sure you have the CPU power plugged in to the 8 pin port up near your processor, and not just a PCI-E power pin or something?

Back