What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Changes to the police drones.

Elakin

Back from the dead
Unlinked
It makes absolutely zero sense for someone to be manning a drone and watch over people from half the map away for an unlimited amount of time.

For the past 3 weeks, it has been directly over the Coalition Ranch for hours on end, some days it has been there for most of the day, watching both the hill and the ranch.

If it's going to be used so very frequently, at the very least give it some sort of maximum range, and need to be recharged/refuelled. 

Honestly the drone is so broken i shot it like 8 times with an L8 nothing happened, then its been flown all around the city keeping up with super cars with no range limit or fuel all in the safety of the police station. If you honestly think the drone is not broken then i don't know what more to say 
you do know that the drone does not exceed a speed of like 60? 😄

you do know that the drone does not exceed a speed of like 60? 😄
92, give or take, as mentioned 3 or 4 comments above. Whilst yes, this isn't "fast" in comparison to a car, but you have effectively slowed it by over a third of its actual speed to make it seem more balanced.

This, however, has already been discussed here way back when this thread was active, and is hardly relevant.

The problem with the drones is that they're indestructible unless you have a fighter jet, and do not need to refuel at all.

give it some sort of maximum range
I've already got some changes which I started a few weeks ago however am currently looking into an issue of the drone controlling itself and flying away 😂

The problem with the drones is that they're indestructible
This is incorrect, at some angles you hit the player inside of it (in which you can see blood) however from most angles it does actually damage the drone.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is incorrect, at some angles you hit the player inside of it (in which you can see blood) however from most angles it does actually damage the drone.
So I was told way back when this thread was opened, but the angle from which you have to hit it, is either broken or a myth. There was a video linked above but I believe it was @Albert Winsford's video and is now private, but it was something along the lines of 5 marksman hits from me alone, not counting the others who were also shooting it.

It's a drone, it should prioritise not being seen as it should fall out of the sky with ease if shot in my opinion. Their pilots fly so obnoxiously low knowing the other way to take it down is head on collision with a heli (the only way I have ever seen one explode in over 5+ group attempts to take one down).

EDIT: It seems to have been removed off private, @1A3https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/KuDEezz-zcVXi/d13378DDe1s4?invite=cr-MSxJWjYsMzM3NzMzOTUs

So I was told way back when this thread was opened, but the angle from which you have to hit it, is either broken or a myth. There was a video linked above but I believe it was @Albert Winsford's video and is now private, but it was something along the lines of 5 marksman hits from me alone, not counting the others who were also shooting it.

It's a drone, it should prioritise not being seen as it should fall out of the sky with ease if shot in my opinion. Their pilots fly so obnoxiously low knowing the other way to take it down is head on collision with a heli (the only way I have ever seen one explode in over 5+ group attempts to take one down).

EDIT: It seems to have been removed off private, @1A3https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/KuDEezz-zcVXi/d13378DDe1s4?invite=cr-MSxJWjYsMzM3NzMzOTUs
Was never private 😂 but the drone is absolute butt cheeks. Basically a floating god mode spy cam.

Back