What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Changing Impound system...Again

Mr Tate

Coming from a mechanic's point of view, the current state the impound system is isn't as good as it could be, for both RP and smoothness of the server. Personally i've seen plently of officers impound the vehicle that could clearly be used to create a good short RP situation get impounded  for there ease and quick cash.  I believe there should be a system where the police would mark the car for impounding, without the option to impound for themselves, unless no mechanics are available to collect them, this would great a bigger driver for mechanics to engage in situations where they can socialize with the Police and other people involved. I'd like to hear other feeback about my suggestion, mainly from the police to see how we can adapt this idea to create it to work for both parties involved.

Thank you. 

I mean that's already a thing, cops are only meant to use the option to impound instantly when a mechanic would just to be able to reach it etc. it's not meant to be used for every car they impound.

I mean that's already a thing, cops are only meant to use the option to impound instantly when a mechanic would just to be able to reach it etc. it's not meant to be used for every car they impound.
Im aware its already partially a thing, but I think becuase police still use to the system to clean it quickly they should not have the ability to do so unless no mechanics are available.

Im aware its already partially a thing, but I think becuase police still use to the system to clean it quickly they should not have the ability to do so unless no mechanics are available.

i believe it might be a rule for us or its pushed on us to use the request a mechanic so mechanics can go do the job can't say officers are following that but its pushed for as its more roleplay for police and mechanics which is what the server wants. i personally only ever use bob if its in a place where a mechanic cant get their truck to or if its a legitimate reason like such a big vehicle it would look unnatural on the back of a flatbed truck

I tihnk the mechanic dispatch could use some work too, level 4 mechanics can see jobs instantly on thier map and can go do them without actually accepting the job via dispatch, so people then accept the dispatch to goto the job and its been done already, if the gold circles on the map for level 4s can be removed so you have to use the dispatch it would be good.

Also the recovery truck itself, would be great if you could actually hook a line to the vehicle and pull it upp the ramp onto the flatbed, I am unsure how hard this is to impliment but would look way better RP wise then a vehicle magically appearing on the back of a truck ( and if your Rping and have the ramp down, it looks even worse when the vehicle goes onto the back )

The thing with accepting jobs though is that whenever possible certainly I and other mechanics avoid accepting the job until we have the vehicle on the flatbed as If we get there and the vehicle has either despawned or been stolen we have an active job marker stuck on our map until we disconnect and reconnect and this makes it difficult to differentiate between old jobs and new jobs.

As stated a lot of the time police will list a job it gets accepted and by the time you get there the person has come and moved it or what not, now I’m not saying this is all police but from what I have seen they mainly list it and leave, maybe put it in place that once it is listed it gets a clamp on the tire, like the npc ones that can’t be moved unless it is attached to the trailer? 

+1 for a clamp. I quite like this but should be able to removed, if they could use a lockpick or a drill to remove it.

As stated a lot of the time police will list a job it gets accepted and by the time you get there the person has come and moved it or what not, now I’m not saying this is all police but from what I have seen they mainly list it and leave, maybe put it in place that once it is listed it gets a clamp on the tire, like the npc ones that can’t be moved unless it is attached to the trailer? 
+1 the amount of times that I've arrested someone with a warrant or been on scene we mark the car and drive the person to the police station and the car is driving around pinging cameras because some baldy has stole it.

There’s tons of mechanics who just got the mechanic role to abuse repair kits and never even do mechanic work.

keep it as it is and just enforce police to avoid it, make timers longer to impound and less money to be gained.

that way a police member will only impound it if he really thinks it is necessary and is obstructing traffic.

Back