What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Changing weapon "meta" of the server

you said that he is wasting his money by buying these things but you buy them too...

Touché. But the point I'm making there is he's saying they waste a lot of money for it and I'm telling he doesnt need to have that loadout. I don't moan about money so I'm happy to sink my money for a fatty loadout since I'll stand a chance in a firefight (mostly based on cqc and medium range fights) 

might as-well just buy a pistol for 20k and then rob a police man xD
why dont you i mean acsension always have about 10 mbers on at at time i mean if you all rob 3 police officers the have to value there life why does no-one do that oh yeah because oh yeah "why are you robbing me at Lakka fuel with 9 other people with pistols" The is reason behind the current meta is no-one values there life in my opinion no one kidnaps officer other than unmc and a few gangs because every one complains a bout rp very rarley do i see a hostage negation go right it ussaly ends with negoations are over i rember back in september acadmy ran a negoations course and well i rember being taken hostage 24/7 by invictia or pavalion and actually watching them negotaite for the officers lives because they would have 3-7 offcers hosatge and all they wanted was carrier rigs and nothing else and i would get good rp from them making us do comptions while negoation were on and still they would not excute us sorry to go off topic a little but it has to be said 

Last edited by a moderator:
why dont you i mean acsension always have about 10 mbers on at at time i mean if you all rob 3 police officers the have to value there life why does no-one do that oh yeah because oh yeah "why are you robbing me at Lakka fuel with 9 other people with pistols" The is reason behind the current meta is no-one values there life in my opinion no one kidnaps officer other than unmc and a few gangs because every one complains a bout rp very rarley do i see a hostage negation go right it ussaly ends with negoations are over i rember back in september acadmy ran a negoations course and well i rember being taken hostage 24/7 by invictia or pavalion and actually watching them negotaite for the officers lives because they would have 3-7 offcers hosatge and all they wanted was carrier rigs and nothing else and i would get good rp from them making us do comptions while negoation were on and still they would not excute us sorry to go off topic a little but it has to be said 
Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with my however my issue with taking cops hostage is the following:

Ideally need spikestrips in order to take police hostage on a road. However, to get spikestrips you need to get police hostage (loop).

Then you need 3 people to every 1 cop. Lets say there is 3 cops in a car, you need 9 at them.

The issue with this is all you need is another squad car to be coming down the other way or in the area and that means that you'll need around 15 people around them cops for them to still comply. It's just to many people in the open to risk on taking 2/3 cops.

Then you need 3 people to every 1 cop. Lets say there is 3 cops in a car, you need 9 at them.
Well, last time when I negotiated a hostage operation with Ascension there was roughly 5 helicopters and 10 members of your gang. You took one PC hostage and there was only 6 cops online. Upon my arrival as an unarmed negotiator I was welcomed with no proposal or deal, as every member wanted different thing and everyone was so triggered by even the slightest thing out of order.

However your comment might actually explain to me why I was asked for police zamak full of spikestrips and 5 carrier rigs. I'm sure that all you have to do is to wait for right moment, take his gps and radio off, get his spikes of him and just leave him there.. no need to take him actually hostage :) Let's take for example me, I crash my sports hatchback every five bloody minutes, use brain and time as your advantage, not your weapons.

Well, last time when I negotiated a hostage operation with Ascension there was roughly 5 helicopters and 10 members of your gang. You took one PC hostage and there was only 6 cops online. Upon my arrival as an unarmed negotiator I was welcomed with no proposal or deal, as every member wanted different thing and everyone was so triggered by even the slightest thing out of order.

However your comment might actually explain to me why I was asked for police zamak full of spikestrips and 5 carrier rigs. I'm sure that all you have to do is to wait for right moment, take his gps and radio off, get his spikes of him and just leave him there.. no need to take him actually hostage :) Let's take for example me, I crash my sports hatchback every five bloody minutes, use brain and time as your advantage, not your weapons.
Well sometimes the left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing etc. xD

The issue is 'waiting for the right moment' isn't as easy as it's said. It's not as simple as that as youneed to have everything planned out :

- Who are you taking?

- How many police are in the area?

- What do we want?

- Why do we want him?

- Whats our escape vehicle?

- Do we have zipties?

etc

For example, you crashing your sports I personally don't see very often if im going to be honest. Actually, I've never seen a cop crash his sporty while I've been playing if im going to be honest with you. When taking hostages you really do need spikestrips, without them it's just a game of duck-duck goose.

Well sometimes the left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing etc. xD

The issue is 'waiting for the right moment' isn't as easy as it's said. It's not as simple as that as youneed to have everything planned out :

- Who are you taking?

- How many police are in the area?

- What do we want?

- Why do we want him?

- Whats our escape vehicle?

- Do we have zipties?

etc

For example, you crashing your sports I personally don't see very often if im going to be honest. Actually, I've never seen a cop crash his sporty while I've been playing if im going to be honest with you. When taking hostages you really do need spikestrips, without them it's just a game of duck-duck goose.
Take citizens hostage, ask him to send police convincing dispatch that he has an issue and he immediately needs help (not message like *Help*) and make sure Police gets there.. have people ready. Take officers.. you get at least two of them..

Bloody hell, you are the rebel here! :D not everything has to be roleplayed with spike strips and firearms :p

Take citizens hostage, ask him to send police convincing dispatch that he has an issue and he immediately needs help (not message like *Help*) and make sure Police gets there.. have people ready. Take officers.. you get at least two of them..

Bloody hell, you are the rebel here! :D not everything has to be roleplayed with spike strips and firearms :p
Already considered that, whats to stop the guy sending a message saying 'Help'? We can't see his screen, he can easily do it. Even though it might be FailRP from his behalf he might not know that etc. Too many variables in that for me to be comfortable in doing that.

It's not as easy as you thinl.

its very rare for police to save civ hosatges becasue idk why but i used to not bother until bascally i was with @Mr Alexander when we found  @IDKTBH with a civ hosatge and his rp changed my mind becase there was good rp

Already considered that, whats to stop the guy sending a message saying 'Help'? We can't see his screen, he can easily do it. Even though it might be FailRP from his behalf he might not know that etc. Too many variables in that for me to be comfortable in doing that.

It's not as easy as you thinl.
Well that what it should be about no? You don't have to go with 7.62 and 600k loadout :D have fun, experiment.. I'm sure if you roleplay properly with the guy he won't let you down, or even consider paying him... This is what this game is about no? At least on the server - that thrill, uncertainty that he might fuck you up.. be prepared to lose. On the end of the day, you are trying to take a cop hostage, not to steal lollipop from candyshop

its very rare for police to save civ hosatges becasue idk why but i used to not bother until bascally i was with @Mr Alexander when we found  @IDKTBH with a civ hosatge and his rp changed my mind becase there was good rp
Never said he has to be taken hostage, just send a good police dispatch that will get cops interested and lure them to respond ;) (my bad, actually said it a minute ago.. I'm a fucking dribble)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that what it should be about no? You don't have to go with 7.62 and 600k loadout :D have fun, experiment.. I'm sure if you roleplay properly with the guy he won't let you down, or even consider paying him... This is what this game is about no? At least on the server - that thrill, uncertainty that he might fuck you up.. be prepared to lose. On the end of the day, you are trying to take a cop hostage, not to steal lollipop from candyshop

Never said he has to be taken hostage, just send a good police dispatch that will get cops interested and lure them to respond ;)
I don't think you get the point honestly. I'm not really looking to risk over 7.5 million( normally have 15 people * 500k average loadout) on the possibility of taking a cop and it all going smoothly. 

There is a saying called risk and reward. The risk of me taking 2/3 cops hostage is not worth the reward of possibly getting literally 2-3 spikestrips. It's not worth it, 7.5mill loadout is not worth 3 spikestrips.

Im not going to reply again, not being rude but if you don't get my point by now then you're never going to get my point. 

I don't think you get the point honestly. I'm not really looking to risk over 7.5 million( normally have 15 people * 500k average loadout) on the possibility of taking a cop and it all going smoothly. 

There is a saying called risk and reward. The risk of me taking 2/3 cops hostage is not worth the reward of possibly getting literally 2-3 spikestrips. It's not worth it, 7.5mill loadout is not worth 3 spikestrips.

Im not going to reply again, not being rude but if you don't get my point by now then you're never going to get my point. 
Of course I see your point, no argument about that. You feel like that ratio is not in your favour. All I'm trying to say is that good rp or good plan can be all you need. I think we should stop spamming this topic. We can have a lovely chat in your lobby one day! Or I will show you what I meant on my holidays :p

that was my point thats why no-one dose it use to many resources to do take cops hostage 
I have to say as a PC who has recently joined the police force and had previously played as a rebel, it is way too hard to take cops hostage. Backup is always instant and there's no real way of doing it without killing multiple cops in an area and getting a defib to revive them (this means there can't be any medics on), then taking them hostage. When I was PCSO I couldn't wait to get PC purely for the fact that I would get new RP from being taken hostage. I've now been a PC for a week and this hasn't yet happened to me. I understand I'm only a PC so I'm not what you would call a "prime target" but I rarely see any of my fellow officers being taken hostage either. Something has to change in order to make it easier for rebels to take cops hostage for the RP rather than getting in unnecessary gunfights.

- PC Ziffy 

I've been taken hostage so many times I can't even count it anymore, UNMC, Rebels, Hobo's with Rook.. I enjoy that type of roleplay when it's approached the right way... but when you come up to a cop with "put your hands up or I will shoot you attitude" you can be sure that the first thing that the cop will do is hot mic to all units.. maybe just try to come to Police Station one day, come up with some good roleplay idea, scenario and you might actually get rewarded by what you need ;) 

It sometimes just feels like people don't realise you can get more out of people just with a good RP than with a gun pointed to their head :)!

I have to say as a PC who has recently joined the police force and had previously played as a rebel, it is way too hard to take cops hostage. Backup is always instant and there's no real way of doing it without killing multiple cops in an area and getting a defib to revive them (this means there can't be any medics on), then taking them hostage. When I was PCSO I couldn't wait to get PC purely for the fact that I would get new RP from being taken hostage. I've now been a PC for a week and this hasn't yet happened to me. I understand I'm only a PC so I'm not what you would call a "prime target" but I rarely see any of my fellow officers being taken hostage either. Something has to change in order to make it easier for rebels to take cops hostage for the RP rather than getting in unnecessary gunfights.

- PC Ziffy 
no the higher ups are prime targets sgt plus ussaly is what is aimed for because they are"worth more" 

no the higher ups are prime targets sgt plus ussaly is what is aimed for because they are"worth more" 
That is pretty much what I said yet I've never been in a situation where I'm patrolling with a SGT+ and they get taken hostage. Never.

That is pretty much what I said yet I've never been in a situation where I'm patrolling with a SGT+ and they get taken hostage. Never.
that because its very rare to be taken hostage now which was not the case 6-8 months ago

Back