What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Chop Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallen

/F/
Any chance we could get another one in a town someone else on the civ side of the border ? Its a pain having to go all the way up there.

i like having both chops shops in our lands as people actually now have to roleplay in order to scrap a vehicle as scrapping without unmc permission is now against our rules , also people can call us and explain that there vehicle has been stolen and we will then get both parties together and whoever convinces us there story is the true one gets the vehicle , although i do understand its along way to travel but i feel that we now prevent alot of innocent civs having there only truck scrapped by groups of blood thirsty rebels lol

i like having both chops shops in our lands as people actually now have to roleplay in order to scrap a vehicle as scrapping without unmc permission is now against our rules , also people can call us and explain that there vehicle has been stolen and we will then get both parties together and whoever convinces us there story is the true one gets the vehicle , although i do understand its along way to travel but i feel that we now prevent alot of innocent civs having there only truck scrapped by groups of blood thirsty rebels lol
Nah im not going to not agree with you but it is a great idea having it in the UNMC lands, but i also think there should maybe be one down near the south of the map or somthing.

fair enough but if you have one in the south then you may aswell take the other away from us aswell , as no one will come all the way north when theres one in the south especially one where they can scrap without having to actually convince someone to allow them to scrap it

No. It's great how it it now. Now you have to take the effort of going to the unmc lands to scrap a truck. And not drive for like 2 minutes to scrap

I only scrap choppers now, bring a buddy with a seccond one and you can scrap and leave straight away.
really-nice-o.gif

To be honest I think it's just to far away. Sure the roleplay is way better this way, but people just don't value their trucks or cars enough. Most of the people know, that rebels will not drive up there if you for example rob those guys in Kavala. It is even worse, if they fail to comply. So what I would say is: keep the scrap yards close to the border, so the UNMC has an eye on it And make the UNMC area more interesting. People will be able to roleplay the scrap yard and it is not a pain to drive a truck over 20 klicks.

but surely scrapping someones hard earned vehicle should be hard, after all people work hard to be able to buy there trucks and then they leave them unlocked for a second and some hobo jumps in drives 2 minutes down the road and boom its gone, now people who just want to scrap for the sake of being assholes are less likely to do so as now they actually have to put in some effort to get the job done

I like where the chop shops are, Give UNMC more to do within there land and more people would visit the land. This will open up more RP scenarios. This is a unique feature UNMC has for being the whitelisted Rebel faction. Like we all say, Don't fix something if it's not broken.

Interesting that there is Chop Shops in the UNMC I like that.. however perhaps just one of them was near Pygros.

but surely scrapping someones hard earned vehicle should be hard, after all people work hard to be able to buy there trucks and then they leave them unlocked for a second and some hobo jumps in drives 2 minutes down the road and boom its gone, now people who just want to scrap for the sake of being assholes are less likely to do so as now they actually have to put in some effort to get the job done
On the flip side its easy for UNMC to just scrap vehicles, is that right? If they want to be assholes and scrap it they don't have to put in the effort ? It makes no sense to have both of them up there for a start. 

I would suggest moving one of them to the south or north of the map as there is very little reason to go down there and as a result they could be considered out of the way and it will take a time investment from the person scrapping the vehicle.

Honestly, the chop shop annoys me.

It doesn't do any harm to me personally but I hate seeing newer players working hours and hours to buy a new helicopter or truck and end up getting it chopped by some asshole with millions in the bank. At least this way it adds roleplay. After someone robs a hobo of all their copper maybe they will decide it's not worth the effort to chop their truck as well?

I'd never chop a vehicle unless it was out of revenge or the person I was robbing combat logged etc. I don't feel the need to chop a vehicle that cost someone 550k so I can make myself 40k. Doesn't make sense to me.

I agree, it shouldn't be that easy. However, the UNMC area should be a little more attractive for people. We can keep the roleplay on this way and people will go to the chop shop. I mean the chop shop is a important factor. People will value their trucks a little bit more. At the moment Hobos and Rebels will just say "Kill me" instead of giving the keys, just because they don't care. Furthermore it should be a little risky for people that do Weed or other drugs. 

So to sum up I think we should get some "illegal" ways to make money closer to the UNMC area. People mostlikely will drive 6 kilometres to scrap a Truck. Roleplay will still be a main point as the UNMC controls the area of the chop shop and Hobos will not just be 20 kilometres away from Kavala to steal an unlocked car.

No offence to anyone but this is a game were you have to do 3-4 runs to get anything you want when you first start up, all of you rebels with 10's of millions Congratz to you but Wilco isnt going to just give away free money by making it easier to get money. Tough luck its a game play it how it is if you dont like it you dont like it but it actually gives the UNMC something to do \

Tough luck its a game play it how it is if you dont like it you dont like it but it actually gives the UNMC something to do \
Your making it sound like us civs are hard done by, by this whole chop shop thing, it was a simple question for people to reply on why it was moved etc.. otherwise i would have posted it in suggestions however i put it in altis chat to have a talk about it. Blaze raised some very very good points and yes im also aware that the UNMC don't really have much to do so the chop shop adds that little bit more roleplay, but theres no need to make it sound like im ranting at anyone becuase of this. We knoiw its a game and surley a game is ment for everyone to enjoy so getting a topic like this together is a good way to discuss things.

Your making it sound like us civs are hard done by, by this whole chop shop thing, it was a simple question for people to reply on why it was moved etc.. otherwise i would have posted it in suggestions however i put it in altis chat to have a talk about it. Blaze raised some very very good points and yes im also aware that the UNMC don't really have much to do so the chop shop adds that little bit more roleplay, but theres no need to make it sound like im ranting at anyone becuase of this. We knoiw its a game and surley a game is ment for everyone to enjoy so getting a topic like this together is a good way to discuss things.
i agree with this post , the best way to find out peoples opinions is to have a debate like this so everyones point of view is most welcome, and i totaly agree with both sides of the argument, hell if i wasnt unmc and i took someones vehicle i wouldnt fancy a 20km trip all the way up north ,

but there are other ways to deal with a vehicle you have stolen just take it into a field and blow it up after all in roleplay if its gone its gone doesnt matter if its scrapped or blown up ,

alot of people just like to scrap just to piss off the other person and with the chop shop 20km away people are now less likely to scrap shit just to make someone salty, but this is just my opinion

I hadn't even noticed that chops shops were reimplemented (serves me right for poor activity!) 

I think, judging by how it used to be used and the points I've read above the chop shops are in a good location, however I was thinking there could be one RIGHT next to a police station (within 1km) to make it MUCH harder to scrap.

This isbased on the fact it makes people go to the UNMC areas, seeing as they don't have an awful lot up there and will involve more than the old cycle of scrapping (steal>drive>scrap) now it's steal>drive>role play>scrap which only sounds more appealing.

@Fallenhighlighted the issue where it makes UNMC essentially sons of the scrap yard because they can VERY easily scrap anyone's trucks. Maybe a criteria must be met before UNMC scrap a truck?(I am not on about making UNMC full of restrictions) however the thought of a true REBEL group having complete and unchallenged control of the scrap yards isn't appealing if they can very easily use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back