What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Cooldown on Drilled Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieW

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Brief Summary:
A short cooldown should be in place stopping somebody from locking a door straight after being drilled into. 

Detailed Suggestion: 
On occasion a group, faction, gang or business may need to use a drill to gain entry to a building for whatever roleplay reasons they may have at the time. However, as soon as a door has been drilled the owner of the building can instantly lock the door, halting that roleplay. It's nonsensical that someone should be able to instantly lock a door that has just been drilled. I believe there should be a very short cooldown preventing the door from being locked for 5-10 minutes after a drill has been used. 

This obviously shouldn't apply to other ways to gain entry, lockpicks and advanced lockpicks shouldn't prevent the door from being locked after. I also think Police Stations could be an exception to this for obvious reasons but I'm happy to hear differing thoughts on this.

The Pros: 
Drills are more valuable, meaning more revenue and business for the producers of the tool.
It allows more time for the roleplay to play out.
It just makes sense.
QoL improvement.

The Cons:
Can't think of any.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server?:
Not really.

Last edited by a moderator:
makes sense in rp, how would you lock a door that’s lock just been drilled off  +1

+1, maybe the first lock after drilling could be a progress bar for 'repairing the door

'

Was locking a door after drilling/locking picking not deemed as powergaming? Especially within such a short timeframe iirc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back