What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Cops And There Vehicle's

Wow, you haven't even commented on Liam Johnson best interceptor driver ever.

View attachment 16957
It's really difficult to hit that 180mph limit ingame. It does go 200+ downhill but on the flat it takes a long time to reach 160, and it takes the same time to go from 150-180. If any thing needs to change regarding this vehicle, it's the price point.

It's really difficult to hit that 180mph limit ingame. It does go 200+ downhill but on the flat it takes a long time to reach 160, and it takes the same time to go from 150-180. If any thing needs to change regarding this vehicle, it's the price point.
Devs can make it better though, right now it might take time but if it gets accepted and slowed down then maybe the suggestion could also include gearing changes and a slight acceleration increase. It's all possible it just needs to be written out constructively. 

Lets just remember that the realistic argument only gets thrown out by the side on the losing side of an argument
I'm not pulling the realistic argument, I play both sides. Ballas and Police, all my cars except my BRZ does 100-120Mph. I don't drive my BRZ because police can't keep up with it and its not fun.

I'm not a dev or staff team, but my personal opinion is that the vehicle speeds should be done by classes.

Hatchbacks (M135i, Golf GTI, A45 etc)

Top speed - 110Mph

SUVs (Range Rover Velar, Cadillac Escalade, Mercedes GLE etc) - possibly with exception to performance branded SUVs

Top speed - 120 Mph

Sport cars (BMW M4, BMW M5, Subaru BRZ, Audi RS6{Both variants}, Audi RS5, Audi RS7 etc)

Top speed - 150-155 Mph

Super cars (Audi R8, Lykan Hypersport, Ferrari Pista etc)

Top speed - 200 Mph

I'm not pulling the realistic argument, I play both sides. Ballas and Police, all my cars except my BRZ does 100-120Mph. I don't drive my BRZ because police can't keep up with it and its not fun.
oh  wasn't aiming it at people specifically just every time i see that word it triggers me ha

I'm not a dev or staff team, but my personal opinion is that the vehicle speeds should be done by classes.

Hatchbacks (M135i, Golf GTI, A45 etc)

Top speed - 110Mph

SUVs (Range Rover Velar, Cadillac Escalade, Mercedes GLE etc) - possibly with exception to performance branded SUVs

Top speed - 120 Mph

Sport cars (BMW M4, BMW M5, Subaru BRZ, Audi RS6{Both variants}, Audi RS5, Audi RS7 etc)

Top speed - 150-155 Mph

Super cars (Audi R8, Lykan Hypersport, Ferrari Pista etc)

Top speed - 200 Mph
That 110/120 for SUV's & Hatchbacks is just something that doesn't sit right with me personally.

These cars are the ones that if any should be taking chase (Hatchbacks) they should be easily capable to do 130/140 with mods. Police cars (Traffic) with their current setup can keep up with that, they do 145+ from what ive heard. But like I said before, unless the Police Force get with the current meta of the server and broaden their horizons, do some training & learn how to combat/stop fast/armoured cars you'll only ever have this same argument from the Police. 

This has already been patched in. Cops can now revoke driver & hunting licenses. They can also seize cars I believe, that update came in last night. I think cops, if they used their tools wisley asnd communicated better and worked better as a team they could win everytime.
All this has to be done through court

I haven't been in contact with court RP, but if there are enough lawyers/solicitors/judges etc, enough people to fill all the roles and play it well and fairly then that is a goldmine for potential RP and should be used more often. If it isn't being used at this point, why?

Right? if you need a judge you and me both know you can get one around most of the time to do this sort of stuff. 

I haven't been in contact with court RP, but if there are enough lawyers/solicitors/judges etc, enough people to fill all the roles and play it well and fairly then that is a goldmine for potential RP and should be used more often. If it isn't being used at this point, why?
Couldn't have said it better myself. 

The interceptor maxes at 160. Other traffic vehicles do 130. If you just hit anything just once, then your car is pretty much fucked, competitively speaking...

Trackhawks can be chased in town but once they go on straights that's where they fuck you up.

and Warwick, you should look out a bit more then, because the Interceptor is out and about pretty much everyday.

That 110/120 for SUV's & Hatchbacks is just something that doesn't sit right with me personally.

These cars are the ones that if any should be taking chase (Hatchbacks) they should be easily capable to do 130/140 with mods. Police cars (Traffic) with their current setup can keep up with that, they do 145+ from what ive heard. But like I said before, unless the Police Force get with the current meta of the server and broaden their horizons, do some training & learn how to combat/stop fast/armoured cars you'll only ever have this same argument from the Police. 
Obviously the numbers is just something from my opinion and others could adjust them, yes they should be taking chase from police but you can't expect a frontline car that is EXTREMELY slow (Not sure how fast they go as the speeds have changed a lot) to attempt to pull these vehicles over and create an RP traffic stop, if they know that they will not be able to catch it if it does flee.

Yes, you could say that the Frontline should call out over the radio for any available RPU to assist on a traffic stop in case the vehicle decided to flee from said traffic stop or not stop at all.

I was on a Trojan patrol, hunting for arrest warrants and we found John Kiffs car. Had him pulled over, we called up for any available RPU assets. Yer boy Ponty came along and waited just in case the vehicle took off. The vehicle did take off, of course he did...He had a warrant.. The interceptor took chase of the vehicle was right behind it (DID NOT CRASH) then the vehicle just sped off and lost the M5.

Sure the police communications might be terrible from whoever right now, but the police cars aren't as fast as these imports, yes we do have NPAS and a lot of assets such as spikestrips but I barely see NPAS up and running, Spikestrips can only be placed by Traffic officers and they're usually the ones in the chase and if they do manage to get in front of the vehicle, the person we're chasing catches on and turns around. Even at that, this is no dig at Traffic or anyone but I think the most traffic that I have seen for a long time is usually around 3-4 traffic officers that are usually double crewed. So thats 2 traffic cars, maybe 3-4 trojan, 4 probationarys, 6-8 frontline cars. There out of that, there is maybe 1 NPAS helicopter up, 2 traffic cars that can somewhat keep up to speed with these cars but almost everyone has one of these fast imports, fleeing from police.

The interceptor maxes at 160. Other traffic vehicles do 130. If you just hit anything just once, then your car is pretty much fucked, competitively speaking...

Trackhawks can be chased in town but once they go on straights that's where they fuck you up.

and Warwick, you should look out a bit more then, because the Interceptor is out and about pretty much everyday.
"The Interceptor" implies 1 I simply asked for more. 

There is no point having more than 1 interceptor if said vehicle can't keep up with a fair few of the chases to begin with

Obviously the numbers is just something from my opinion and others could adjust them, yes they should be taking chase from police but you can't expect a frontline car that is EXTREMELY slow (Not sure how fast they go as the speeds have changed a lot) to attempt to pull these vehicles over and create an RP traffic stop, if they know that they will not be able to catch it if it does flee.
No no, i totally agree normal patrol cars should be a bit faster, i'm totally for that. Right now 100/110 is useless. I'd like to see them do at least 125, i'd say through the city against the more 'Regular' cars that'd be a lot more fair. But yes, highspeed should be Traffic as you said. 

I was on a Trojan patrol, hunting for arrest warrants and we found John Kiffs car. Had him pulled over, we called up for any available RPU assets. Yer boy Ponty came along and waited just in case the vehicle took off. The vehicle did take off, of course he did...He had a warrant.. The interceptor took chase of the vehicle was right behind it (DID NOT CRASH) then the vehicle just sped off and lost the M5.
What car was this? I'd like to try out these cars against each other when I have time. 

Sure the police communications might be terrible from whoever right now, but the police cars aren't as fast as these imports, yes we do have NPAS and a lot of assets such as spikestrips but I barely see NPAS up and running
Isn't this something Police Command should enforce that you utilise at every opportunity? 

Spikestrips can only be placed by Traffic officers and they're usually the ones in the chase and if they do manage to get in front of the vehicle
Spikestrips shouldn't be being placed by cars inside of the chase, they should be being setup by cars that aren't in the chase that either an officer on the ground or NPAS have set up further up the road with educated guesses of roads that people tend to use to get away. This is all knowledge of the server and let's face it most cops chase enough people everyday to know the common routes. 

Even at that, this is no dig at Traffic or anyone but I think the most traffic that I have seen for a long time is usually around 3-4 traffic officers that are usually double crewed
From what ive heard it's so they're allowed to use weapons as they're limited to double crew? I'd say just remove that rule and allow weapons but only to be drawn in the most extreme situations, this would end the double crew saga we seem to have. 

So thats 2 traffic cars, maybe 3-4 trojan, 4 probationarys, 6-8 frontline cars. There out of that, there is maybe 1 NPAS helicopter up, 2 traffic cars that can somewhat keep up to speed with these cars but almost everyone has one of these fast imports, fleeing from police.
To me this SCREAMS that the police either need to allow probationary's the chance to rank up earlier OR the chance to move over to something like traffic as a probationary but they only get say the Volvo? As I said, I feel like the police meta is so far behind the server meta, a lot of things that command could sort out easily if they just listened to what the force actually needs. I'd like to see things like Traffic used as stepping stones into gaining your full stripes in the police, make every probationary do a couple of days as each before they move up to what they want to do fully? I don't know if that'd be a thing that's viable to do but in my head it makes sense. 😄

I believe the Police have two M5s now.
Yeah, they do. I'd like to see between 4-6 operated between 4-6 different "Interceptor Teams" I know it's something @Ponty feels quite strongly about and with time he'll probably work towards it more and more.

There is no point having more than 1 interceptor if said vehicle can't keep up with a fair few of the chases to begin with
You're not using your imagination they don't need to always be used as pursuit vehicles, they could be used to maybe INTERCEPT & Sting? It's kind of what they do in the real world... 

What car was this? I'd like to try out these cars against each other when I have time. 
Nissan GTR I believe...

Isn't this something Police Command should enforce that you utilise at every opportunity? 
Potentially, I don't know why they made it Traffic only.

Spikestrips shouldn't be being placed by cars inside of the chase, they should be being setup by cars that aren't in the chase that either an officer on the ground or NPAS have set up further up the road with educated guesses of roads that people tend to use to get away. This is all knowledge of the server and let's face it most cops chase enough people everyday to know the common routes. 
Cars that aren't in the chase will need to get past the chase to put spikes down, as most chances end up northbound Los Santos Freeway towards Sandy. NPAS isn't allowed to land unless given auth by the Inspector of NPAS.

From what ive heard it's so they're allowed to use weapons as they're limited to double crew? I'd say just remove that rule and allow weapons but only to be drawn in the most extreme situations, this would end the double crew saga we seem to have. 
If this was the case, you'd get some strange experiences which lead to certain officers that lose their firearm. I feel like if you gave people the firearm single crewed and to use it ONLY in extreme situations that they'd use it whenever they feel like. I.E Some guys robbing a shop, they'll pull a pistol out and justify why they did so instead of trying to taze first (Seen it beforehand)

To me this SCREAMS that the police either need to allow probationary's the chance to rank up earlier OR the chance to move over to something like traffic as a probationary but they only get say the Volvo? As I said, I feel like the police meta is so far behind the server meta, a lot of things that command could sort out easily if they just listened to what the force actually needs. I'd like to see things like Traffic used as stepping stones into gaining your full stripes in the police, make every probationary do a couple of days as each before they move up to what they want to do fully? I don't know if that'd be a thing that's viable to do but in my head it makes sense. 😄
This is a class idea, kind of like work experience. They are allowed to go to these different units as a probationary to get experience and learn a lot of different types of the policing, maybe they go to traffic for a few days and learn how to do pursuit comms and how to drive exceptionally then they'll come back to Frontline as they reach Constable and bring those skills into the unit.

Nissan GTR I believe...

7 minutes ago, Warwick said:
Likely hit the bumps & the interceptor didn't get the same speed boost from it, on flat they're fairly even. 

Cars that aren't in the chase will need to get past the chase to put spikes down, as most chances end up northbound Los Santos Freeway towards Sandy. NPAS isn't allowed to land unless given auth by the Inspector of NPAS.

8 minutes ago, Warwick said:
I meant NPAS Should be co-ordinating the placement of spikes by ground cars. May have worded it wrong. 

If this was the case, you'd get some strange experiences which lead to certain officers that lose their firearm. I feel like if you gave people the firearm single crewed and to use it ONLY in extreme situations that they'd use it whenever they feel like. I.E Some guys robbing a shop, they'll pull a pistol out and justify why they did so instead of trying to taze first (Seen it beforehand)
Harsher punishments and an internal PCC system similar to Altis so people could complain in RP? Similar to the old OPC? 

Likely hit the bumps & the interceptor didn't get the same speed boost from it, on flat they're fairly even. 

I meant NPAS Should be co-ordinating the placement of spikes by ground cars. May have worded it wrong. 
Roger, wasn't there to see it all go down as Volvo XC90 obviously wont go as fast as these sport cars lol, just heard it over the radio "And he's gone"

Ah, I get you now. but even at that, attempting to get a head of a chase when their cars are going a lot faster than the police car, its a bit meh...I feel like you'd struggle to get ahead of the chase and if you did, the pursued car would fly past before you can even put spikes down

This is a class idea, kind of like work experience. They are allowed to go to these different units as a probationary to get experience and learn a lot of different types of the policing, maybe they go to traffic for a few days and learn how to do pursuit comms and how to drive exceptionally then they'll come back to Frontline as they reach Constable and bring those skills into the unit.
Exactly, a chance to learn, develop & improve before being thrown into the world of being a fully fledged officer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger, wasn't there to see it all go down as Volvo XC90 obviously wont go as fast as these sport cars lol, just heard it over the radio "And he's gone"

Ah, I get you now. but even at that, attempting to get a head of a chase when their cars are going a lot faster than the police car, its a bit meh...I feel like you'd struggle to get ahead of the chase and if you did, the pursued car would fly past before you can even put spikes down
I feel like whoever has lead should never place spikestrips.. This is another communication thing. I imagine spikes being used something like this:

Officer 1: Persuing suspect going North on G.Ocean Highway.
Officer 1: suspect is turning off right down x road towards y location.
Officer 2 (who has been playing  wing/parrarel): We're ready at x & y locations with spikes, please advise.
Officer 1: suspect is on course for spikes, passing (location) at 140mph, ETA less than 1 minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back