What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Cops And There Vehicle's

I feel like whoever has lead should never place spikestrips.. This is another communication thing. I imagine spikes being used something like this:

Officer 1: Persuing suspect going North on G.Ocean Highway.
Officer 1: suspect is turning off right down x road towards y location.
Officer 2 (who has been playing  wing/parrarel): We're ready at x & y locations with spikes, please advise.
Officer 1: suspect is on course for spikes, passing (location) at 140mph, ETA less than 1 minute.

Yes, not the lead. But how do you place an officer ahead of the pursuit when our cars can't match the speed of the pursued car? Fair enough if its in the city, but on Los Santos Freeway towards Sandy, you have no chance

Yes, not the lead. But how do you place an officer ahead of the pursuit when our cars can't match the speed of the pursued car? Fair enough if its in the city, but on Los Santos Freeway towards Sandy, you have no chance
Have more frequent patrols in Sandy? There's a police station but it's never used just a thought? 

I feel like whoever has lead should never place spikestrips.. This is another communication thing. I imagine spikes being used something like this:

Officer 1: Persuing suspect going North on G.Ocean Highway.
Officer 1: suspect is turning off right down x road towards y location.
Officer 2 (who has been playing  wing/parrarel): We're ready at x & y locations with spikes, please advise.
Officer 1: suspect is on course for spikes.

but see that highlights you haven't been in the police. There are lot of places people can turn off to, some which are often chosen and can be predicted, and some other that are less used or involve in doing huge jumps or going offroad on a steep hill with a city car, which makes a lot of sense..

Remember that officer 1 has to be able to fully keep up with the suspect, and that's considering the fact they are following the same exact road.. So I can imagine how great officer 2 would be able to keep up with twice as much twists and turns. 

Have more frequent patrols in Sandy? There's a police station but it's never used just a thought? 
Not enough police assets, I have patrolled sandy with 1 other traffic car. We always get called back to the city for help in pursuits.

Even if you told frontline to go, you'd most likely see a lot of panic alarms.

Trojan when they have a TFC up, sometimes they have stationed one Trojan unit up in Sandy but when shit goes south, it takes a lot of time for other cops to arrive and the damage is already done.

Sure, if the police numbers increased like they were yesterday, I believe there were 27 cops online. It could be a good idea, but I don't really see many cops play consistently and I am guilty for it and I'm not really enjoying police at the moment, more enjoying being a Balla.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not enough police assets, I have patrolled sandy with 1 other traffic car. We always get called back to the city for help in pursuits.

Even if you told frontline to go, you'd most likely see a lot of panic alarms.

Trojan when they have a TFC up, sometimes they have stationed one Trojan unit up in Sandy but when shit goes south, it takes a lot of time for other cops to arrive and the damage is already done.

Sure, if the police numbers increased like they were yesterday, I believe there were 27 cops online. It could be a good idea, but I don't really see many cops play consistently and I am guilty for it and I'm not really enjoying police at the moment, more enjoying being a Balla.
Fair enough seems like that's not a viable option then. However, you could send a traffic car up great ocean highway and try get them to the other end of Joshua Road to cut them off? Either way, good discussion thanks for the insight into police and hopefully it's helped anyone looking in for opinions from both sides. 

Fair enough seems like that's not a viable option then. However, you could send a traffic car up great ocean highway and try get them to the other end of Joshua Road to cut them off? Either way, good discussion thanks for the insight into police and hopefully it's helped anyone looking in for opinions from both sides. 
Yeah, sending another car up the other side of the highway to place spikestrips down could be a good tactic.

I haven't been in contact with court RP, but if there are enough lawyers/solicitors/judges etc, enough people to fill all the roles and play it well and fairly then that is a goldmine for potential RP and should be used more often. If it isn't being used at this point, why?
I agree, HOWEVER, being a solicitor myself and having just finished a big court case recently, I will tell you this, unless good money is to be made of it, its not going to be pursued that much, I will pursue it, but guaranteed, the police will need to start paying solicitors who support them

There are so many problems ive seen in here. 

1) Comms on the radio are awful. The amount of times Ive chased someone and the lead car is just spamming failure to stops and doesnt comm at all. I feel like not many officers really speak during chases. If officers spoke they could set up NPAS or spikes and make sure that cars get stopped easier. Comms are beyond poor at this point.

2) Very few traffic officers actually play the server. Ive even seen like Barry playing traffic in order to actually have a unit out and about. 

3) Police need to stop with the constant TC and boxing in vehicles straight away in a chase. Also getting in a vehicle and turning off the vehicles is so much about winning. Criminals end up using these cars because they dont want to be TCed in 5 seconds. Cops care so much about winning that they dont see it ruins over half of the situations on the server because people just shoot.

4) Police cars arent that slow i keep up with the most of the cars on the server but like 4 or 5. I feel alot of police cant drive or just smash into stuff and break their cars with stupid things. 

Police cars arent that slow i keep up with the most of the cars on the server but like 4 or 5. I feel alot of police cant drive or just smash into stuff and break their cars with stupid things. 
Must disagree with you here, the Skoda Octavia is quite awful, on all points except this one i must disagree. I was told that I am supposed to maintain a chase until traffic can take over the chase, thing is, I can't, even in a straight line, I just can't. 

The acceleration on the Mondeo or Octavia is quite awful and terrible considering them being police cars. A little buff on acceleration would make quite a difference same with top speed. I barley hit 110MPH unless theres alot of bumps

*EDIT Sorry let me rephrase, I agree with all your points except for Point 4. 

I have scim read the post so if there is stuff i have wrong forgive me. 

I have tested the 3 normal traffic cars (Volvo V90, Audi A4 TSFI, BMW 3 Series) on this route (Red Start, Blue end)

Volvo Stats
Up Hill: 120
Flat: 125
Down hill: 134

Audi Stats
Up Hill: 123
Flat: 126
Down Hill: 138

BMW Stats
Up Hill: N/A 
Flat: 125
Down Hill: 137

I dont know the speed of imports only a few. but i went thru my recordings and found the following:
Commet SR: 128
M4 Duke: 153
Evo X: 136
Infernus: 124
Mitsubishi Eclipse: 157

From my own garage i know these:
Subaru Impreza WRX STI: 120
Mercedes AMG GLE 53: 115
BMW i135:  110

My personal opinion is that police cars are to slow, all police cars should be able to do this with normal cars (also imports): Initiate and hold a pursuit for a short time. A normal traffic car should be able to initiate, hold for a long time and catch up to a pursuit. The M5 Interceptor should be able to Initiate and hold on super cars. Today this is not the case, traffic cars barley keep up with most cars alot of the import just fly off from even the M5. Most times traffic cant even catch up to pursuits because they are to quick.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon. 

Crikey what a thread this has turned out to be.
For context on the RPU assets available.

Volvo V90
Audi A4
BMW 3 Series
BMW M5 [Interceptor]

Of these vehicles, the Interceptor is only accessible to Interceptor officers, who are specially recruited and assessed on their ability to drive the fastest car we have available to us. As means of balance, 33% of all RPU officers can be an Interceptor. Currently that stands at 7 out of 21.

Since imports, I noticed a massive speed and acceleration deficit between police vehicles and sports cars and super cars with the occasional outlier.
The issue we faced was our fastest car going ~140 mph with the cars we were chasing going well over 180.
In response to this, the developers granted us the ability to use 2 M5's. On paper this sounds good, 2 of the fastest car? Brilliant!
However, this isn't how this works. Car that goes 140 + Car that goes 140 does not equal 280. We would still be at a deficit, and we are.

This on top of the numerous handling issues and physics of some of our cars, most notably the physic breaking BMW 3 series that has handling like its a go-kart and appears to have the gravity of Jupiter affect the front end. Then the M5 having the speed required to challenge a sports car but then has the grip of a deer on ice and the brakes of a scooter.

We simply cannot compete at a consistent level. There are numerous factors for this, and as a faction, we need to do better. Some of the solutions can be internal, but some need to be either adjustments or features.

I have already recommended and suggested changes to all RPU vehicles and requested new additions to the fleet of Response* Cars and when the time comes, help the developers to ensure they are good but balanced.
*Response being - Frontline Policing, Roads Policing, Recruitment & Development, and CID.

The changes I proposed were done at least 4 weeks ago and I have been told to be patient, as should other people.

To try and combat vehicles being used in crime and those that fail to stop there are multiple solutions:

• Utilise preemptive tactics to immobilise the subject (Granted they don't wheelspin turn out of it)
  • Use stingers to disable the vehicle
  • Use the ANPR cameras to locate and stop the vehicle
  • Use NPAS to observe
  • Relay all information to CID of the vehicles involvement with evidence to have the vehicle seized.
  • Catch them (if you can)

These are ideal solutions and quite typically never come in to fruition purely on the performance of our fleet, but as I mentioned, suggestions have been made on my end as the Chief of Response, Police Command approved and it is now a case of time will tell if the development team implement the suggestions.

To try and assist with understanding our current situation, I conducted testing on the Roads Policing Vehicles on 05/04/21

The test was from a standing start at one end of the LS International Airport Runway and it was a drag sprint to the other side where I met the grass end.
What I was testing:

• Acceleration 0-60
  • Acceleration 0-100
  • Top Speed

I used at the time, the Kia Stinger stock and fully upgraded as a comparison.
These were my findings:

61c195f718bd89f5e6798309f04c8027.png

I took into consideration that acceleration times ought to be looked at as an "estimate" on the basis I manually pressed the stopwatch when I achieved the desired speed and human error and my monkey brain would be a discrepancy compared to a proper computer.

My findings conclude that the regular officer, especially those who are not in Roads Policing, have next to no chance of pursuing and catching a subject in a vehicle like a sports car, super car or superbike that can go faster and corner better.
Our only chance of chasing on the ground is the M5, which albeit has a very good acceleration, cannot compete at a Top Speed where other cars benefit hugely from bumps in the road.

Big post I know my bad

Footnote:
Cheers @Warwickfor tagging us, would have missed this otherwise.
I am emphasising the numbers of RPU officers and am pushing for more.
On top of this, I have requested a base patrol vehicle for the Interceptor team to actively patrol in that would be better than the RPU cars but not as good as the M5. this would give us a constant chance but not guarantee of success.
But there's only so much I can do. I am at the will of Devs

That's how it should be, criminals shouldn't be using their own cars and if they are you should be using your powers to scrap them/impound them for a while through the courts to stop people using their own cars, you have a warrant system, a scrapping system & an impounding system that limits what people can do with their own cars when they're caught but yet you rarely see it used unless it's against an armoured car that Trojan don't like or a rare car that has been used in 1 minor crime but you guys don't want people to have. 

The mentality of the police right now is about 6 meta's old. Learn to communicate effectively in chases. Speed up regular police cars, make normal traffic cars do 155 (Which is what most imports do right now without using bumps) and you'll probably still loose due to either not being a very good driver or terrible communications. (Not you personally but as a force in general) I've personally seen 2 people use the Interceptor well and it was @Cristi& Paint (<Steam Name) I don't know his forum tag. 

All need to be thrown up as suggestions to be changed, developers will never know that things are that fast without them. 

Interceptor also does 165 on the flat last time I drove it after the driver killed himself and we stole it. So unless it's been changed recently it should be able to keep up 

Crikey what a thread this has turned out to be.
For context on the RPU assets available.

Volvo V90
Audi A4
BMW 3 Series
BMW M5 [Interceptor]

Of these vehicles, the Interceptor is only accessible to Interceptor officers, who are specially recruited and assessed on their ability to drive the fastest car we have available to us. As means of balance, 33% of all RPU officers can be an Interceptor. Currently that stands at 7 out of 21.

Since imports, I noticed a massive speed and acceleration deficit between police vehicles and sports cars and super cars with the occasional outlier.
The issue we faced was our fastest car going ~140 mph with the cars we were chasing going well over 180.
In response to this, the developers granted us the ability to use 2 M5's. On paper this sounds good, 2 of the fastest car? Brilliant!
However, this isn't how this works. Car that goes 140 + Car that goes 140 does not equal 280. We would still be at a deficit, and we are.

This on top of the numerous handling issues and physics of some of our cars, most notably the physic breaking BMW 3 series that has handling like its a go-kart and appears to have the gravity of Jupiter affect the front end. Then the M5 having the speed required to challenge a sports car but then has the grip of a deer on ice and the brakes of a scooter.

We simply cannot compete at a consistent level. There are numerous factors for this, and as a faction, we need to do better. Some of the solutions can be internal, but some need to be either adjustments or features.

I have already recommended and suggested changes to all RPU vehicles and requested new additions to the fleet of Response* Cars and when the time comes, help the developers to ensure they are good but balanced.
*Response being - Frontline Policing, Roads Policing, Recruitment & Development, and CID.

The changes I proposed were done at least 4 weeks ago and I have been told to be patient, as should other people.

To try and combat vehicles being used in crime and those that fail to stop there are multiple solutions:

• Utilise preemptive tactics to immobilise the subject (Granted they don't wheelspin turn out of it)
  • Use stingers to disable the vehicle
  • Use the ANPR cameras to locate and stop the vehicle
  • Use NPAS to observe
  • Relay all information to CID of the vehicles involvement with evidence to have the vehicle seized.
  • Catch them (if you can)

These are ideal solutions and quite typically never come in to fruition purely on the performance of our fleet, but as I mentioned, suggestions have been made on my end as the Chief of Response, Police Command approved and it is now a case of time will tell if the development team implement the suggestions.

To try and assist with understanding our current situation, I conducted testing on the Roads Policing Vehicles on 05/04/21

The test was from a standing start at one end of the LS International Airport Runway and it was a drag sprint to the other side where I met the grass end.
What I was testing:

• Acceleration 0-60
  • Acceleration 0-100
  • Top Speed

I used at the time, the Kia Stinger stock and fully upgraded as a comparison.
These were my findings:

I took into consideration that acceleration times ought to be looked at as an "estimate" on the basis I manually pressed the stopwatch when I achieved the desired speed and human error and my monkey brain would be a discrepancy compared to a proper computer.

My findings conclude that the regular officer, especially those who are not in Roads Policing, have next to no chance of pursuing and catching a subject in a vehicle like a sports car, super car or superbike that can go faster and corner better.
Our only chance of chasing on the ground is the M5, which albeit has a very good acceleration, cannot compete at a Top Speed where other cars benefit hugely from bumps in the road.

Big post I know my bad

Footnote:
Cheers @Warwickfor tagging us, would have missed this otherwise.
I am emphasising the numbers of RPU officers and am pushing for more.
On top of this, I have requested a base patrol vehicle for the Interceptor team to actively patrol in that would be better than the RPU cars but not as good as the M5. this would give us a constant chance but not guarantee of success.
But there's only so much I can do. I am at the will of Devs
Fucking hell bro good work. 👍

Back