What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Crates Feedback

Joe Scrub

I have some feedback on the new crates that were added if that's OK?

Firstly, very cool implementation and feature, please don't take this post as hating on it.

1) The option to 'give' large containers to another player without them having to accept is quite strange imo, it's pretty unrealistic to just hand someone a massive crate they have to wear on their back without their permission and it then locks them in a vulnerable state. I think it would make more sense if there was a check like with checking for injurties or picking up, or no option to give at all.

2) Space given to space taken ratio:
I feel like the crates currently are far too powerful specifically with regard to how much extra storage they can provide when combined with vehicles, houses and containers.

On the player inventory I feel there is no issue - the crate is visible and the player is slowed down, the cost for the benefit of 250 slots in a 30 slot space is fair, for vehicles, houses and containers however this isn't the case. Other than the cost and risk in transit there is basically no downside to the crates inside vehicles and storage and they boost the capacity of vehicles by too much in my opinion, it feels like Tarkov stash management packing stuff inside magic containers to hoard more and more things forever.

For example, you can now put 5 large crates in a quad bike to hold 1500 items, way more than a pounder and this just doesn't make sense.

I think the crates need to take up a lot more space inside vehicles similar to how drugs weigh nothing on people but do weigh in storage.

A weight of 150 inside vehicles would still allow a nice boost to most vehicles and would preserve the current cargo vehicle balance somewhat as large capacity vehicles would still hold a significant advantage rather than being obsolete for all but the largest of transfers as they could be currently.

3) QoL suggestion: Allow dragging items onto the crate icon in player inventory to place them directly inside it.

This is my opinion based on very minimal usage of the crates so granted others will have more perspective but that's my feedback.

I agree. 
Being able to fit 25 Of those 250 storage boxes in a pounder is insane. Making it a 6.250 storage vehicle. 
I think they should weigh more than they do, and have a limit as to how many you can put in. 

I love the idea, and I LOVE how you can unload 250 into a till, instead of having to run back and forth with pockets full of stuff, but it def needs some adjusting 🙂

+1 - I agree with everything here. 

These boxes have effectively made all my Pounders etc more or less Obsolete - it's ridiculous that I can down to the mines with a Blazer and fill it with 1250 Materials while having another 250 on my back. 

In storage I believe they should have a certain amount more weight OR just have the weight of whatever amount of items there is inside the crate. 

As for how they currently work with pockets / player inventory / depositing into benches, tills, containers etc I think is a great addition and that alone is worth the cost of these crates. 

But with their current state, I believe they're a bit too OP and also unrealistic. 

Agree. 

It would be nice to see some limitations with the crates in cars. Either the crates should weigh more, or there should be restrictions in place for how many can fit in a specific vehicle type.

Yea I would say limit the amount you can load into things, like you can't place the 250 into a motorbike storage but any car yes essentially it should have something like

Car = 1

Vans = 2/3

Trucks = 5

But someone did ask 1A3 and I think said it's intentional meant to work how it currently does ?

Copied from discord chat - (Checked with 1a3 and you ment to be able to put multiple in a truck and increase its capacity)

So maybe intended to help balance the cost of some things? I see pounders were starting to go past 1.5 in the second hand market

+1 - This change does feel incredibly over-powered considering how many of these you can put in vehicles and essentially turn a pounder into a storage container and a blazer into a pounder. 

My concern is how this might have an effect on the wider value of gatherables in the city that would normally be much more time consuming as well as storage methods like containers, pounders and trucks which have now been de-valued as a method of storage. 

Yea I would say limit the amount you can load into things, like you can't place the 250 into a motorbike storage but any car yes essentially it should have something like

Car = 1

Vans = 2/3

Trucks = 5

But someone did ask 1A3 and I think said it's intentional meant to work how it currently does ?

Copied from discord chat - (Checked with 1a3 and you ment to be able to put multiple in a truck and increase its capacity)

So maybe intended to help balance the cost of some things? I see pounders were starting to go past 1.5 in the second hand market
I mean if the issue of high cost pounders is down to the limit on the number that can come into the city per month which seems like an easy fix.

Otherwise I love the idea of being able to hold more and unload directly into the house or shops. I just kind of with there was a "Fill Stash" option to put items from your house directly into the box as you can move stuff out of the box but not in which feels weird. 

Thank you for the feedback, keep it coming! I have made some changes to help the balance :)

Quite a nice update! Massive time saver and makes grinding a lot more enjoyable. But IMO the Large 250 storages are WAAAY to big visually, casually carrying a shipping crate on your back seems a bit weird. I do get it is large because it has 250 storage, but then again you can carry 1/5th of that just in your "pockets".

A size reduction (visually), or a model change on the larger ones I think would be nice, to make it more "realistic"

I've noticed they are persistent thru storms as well. I am guessing it is pretty secure to just leave them somewhere hidden and not be afraid of them despawning? (unless they are found and stolen ofc)

And also, what are the restrictions/do and don'ts with them? I've seen people ride them around on motorbikes, having them on their back and jumping in a vehicle, instead of putting it in a boot. Etc.

Another aspect that just occurred to me is that if they were less useful for vehicles/storage, they could be more viable for use on foot as the cost could be lowered to compensate therefore lowering the risk to use. As a mostly solo/legal character, using these could be a significant risk for me as it would be very easy for someone to take from me.

Anyway, my final feedback would be if these crates could be focussed mostly towards on-person/foot use and organisational use rather than for storage compression/upgrades with a lower cost accordingly then they could have the best/biggest impact as a QoL feature with minimal balance impact for storage and vehicles.

I personally would like to see them a fair amount cheaper but taking up the same storage as they contain when in a vehicle or storage, but I appreciate this is probably not what most people would want or what the dev vision for them is. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed they are persistent thru storms as well. I am guessing it is pretty secure to just leave them somewhere hidden and not be afraid of them despawning? (unless they are found and stolen ofc)
Yup however they are less secure than storage containers as you can't password protect them.

I've seen people ride them around on motorbikes, having them on their back and jumping in a vehicle, instead of putting it in a boot.
If that wasn't allowed it wouldn't be possible 👀

thats nice so you can use it as actual drug drop offs in duffle bags and drop it off like hours before

IM not sure if its already possible but being as I cannot PLace a crate in my house it would be nice if I could empty the contents of a storage/ quickly load the contats of an in house storage item into a crate

IM not sure if its already possible but being as I cannot place a crate in my house it would be nice if I could empty the contents of a storage/quickly load the contents of an in house storage item into a crate
You can unload a crate into a house storage but not unload house storage into a crate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back