What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Criminal Risk vs Reward Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people for get this is GTA in my opinion. It should be based of real life to an extent but end of the day its gta.
This is the major flaw in your argument. This is not GTA: this a roleplay server that uses the GTA game engine. That's it. There is far far more to our server than gunfights.

There's more to being a criminal than bank robberies, which seems to be your main focus here. As others have said in this thread, the police should "win" vs. criminals: they're roleplaying as highly trained law enforcement, with government funding and equipment. If you're struggling to compete with them, then you need to think smarter, not try to outgun them. If you're determined to live the illegal life, then you might need to change up your funding. Meth, cocaine, and weed (amongst others) are all valid criminal routes of making money. I don't see the appeal, personally, and like RPing a legal civ.

The police roleplay is far more than responding to robberies or raiding properties, and by trying to force them to go down that route with the argument of enhancing their RP you are actually doing the opposite and severely limiting their options: most police would like to be able to just interact with the population base! Giving out traffic tickets should not run the risk of getting shot.

To answer why they are protective of a "free" gun? Firstly it's not all about the money. It's not the individual police officer's gun: it belongs to the police, and that officer is just using it. Unlike a gun that you might own, the officer doesn't get to take that gun home with them and do what they like with it! They are loaned that gun by the city to protect the civilians and enforce the laws, not to make money. If that gun doesn't get returned to the armoury, then questions are asked. If more and more guns are taken out and "lost" by the same officer, then it's only a matter of time before their access to those guns are suspended. It's not "free". It's the same argument that was made on Arma "they have a free gun, but I have to work hard for mine!". You don't need a gun. If not having a gun really impacts your RP that much, then you need to reevaluate what it means to roleplay.

@GurlaninI feel like you have seen once to rp and thats legal and what you enjoy and thats all good for you. I respect that. But i want to go and do shit and make situations that involve being a criminals as currently the server doesnt have that many active criminals that actually rp. If this was as realistic as you are saying then armed response would sit in pd all day until they are called to a scene with a gun or a bank robbery. Armed police shouldnt be driving around the street giving people tickets thats what the traffic division is for right? I do all of the rest of the suggests to make money as well as rob banks. I dont rob banks for money or gunfights i do it for the rp which clearly shows when people actually watch me do a bank. im not saying its about the police having a free gun. they should. its the fact the police have a free gun which takes guns away from people who are grinding every day on the server for nothing. police pick up weapons mid gunfight and that means the persons whos gun it was cant get it back even if the rest of his group win the fight. so you win but lose. if you really think on this server currently you dont need a gun i feel like you havent played it enough. everyone runs around with a gun and if you dont have one even if you are just chilling then you are at a massive disadvantage as random people just roll up to you and rob you. people can rp as whatever they want but if there are no criminals then the police are going to get bored and then the city is full of civs that do nothing but sit at legion all day or do mechanic jobs

If this was as realistic as you are saying then armed response would sit in pd all day until they are called to a scene with a gun or a bank robbery. Armed police shouldnt be driving around the street giving people tickets thats what the traffic division is for right?
That's actually completely wrong. In almost all UK Home Office forces Armed Response are traffic trained and attend traffic related incidents more than armed deployments. There isn't enough money to pay police to just sit around at the station all day doing nothing! 😛 

if you really think on this server currently you dont need a gun i feel like you havent played it enough. everyone runs around with a gun and if you dont have one even if you are just chilling then you are at a massive disadvantage as random people just roll up to you and rob you.
I've been playing on our FiveM server since it started, and I've never owned a gun. The only thing I have on the weapons wheel of any of my characters is a torch. Before that I was playing on our Arma server, and also experienced other communities' FiveM servers. I've played the criminal role, I've played the police role, I've played the civilian role, and I've played the NHS role. Out of all of those it is the civilian and NHS roles that have had the most rewarding roleplay: the non-combat roles. The best roleplay I had as a police officer was when I was actually able to interact with a person without the threat of being shot.

If you need a gun to roleplay, then this isn't the server for you.

In my opinion, if you're worried about losing your gun then that's a good thing. It should make you be hesitant to take it out of the house or have it on you in case the police search you. Pulling out a gun should be a last resort, and a bank robbery where you plan to use a gun should be the result of extensive planning and preparation. You should always be prepared to "lose" if you're going up against the police. I'm still not entirely clear as to what your actual suggestion is, but based on what you've said it gets a -1 from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back