What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Crosshair X and other easily abused 3rd Party apps

Pest

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Los Santos NHS
Los Santos Firefighter
Good Evening Staff and fellow members of the community!

I am making this post for one reason and one reason only, to create a more fair and friendly environment for the Role-players of our lovely community!

Now My goal here is to get the use of all Third Party Crosshair software banned from use in the server, I will give my points after a few short words, The use of third party software such as Crosshair X and HudSight create a clear unfair advantage when it comes to shootouts within the server, or any other gun related conflict, Too often I feel I'm seeing clips of people running around with big and bright crosshairs that are just unnecessary within a ROLEPLAY server.

To me it feels there are too many people here for the purpose of shooting one another like it was a 2015 Black Ops 2 Lan Event, you see them often on the report pages and clips pages even on YouTube running around 4:3 aspect ratio, the lowest graphics possible, and grand ol' crosshair slap bang in the middle.

Reasons Myself and I know a few other feel it should be banned

1# Now its very clear using these third party software bring a clear unfair advantage in the server when it comes to gun conflict, I know a lot of people will disagree with this post (The ones abusing the software) but I know a lot of people here will agree that it creates an unfair advantage.

2#
Do you really need it? Are you that washed at shooting you NEED a massive crosshair to assist you in your aim? there's a lot of people who do so much better without using a crosshair at all! (Myself included)

3#
Let me remind you of what this server is for...R TO THE O TO THE L TO THE E....not going to do the whole thing but you get where I'm going, ROLEPLAY! We are here for one reason and one thing only! to create interesting roleplaying scenarios with each other and make lifelong friends along the way! now I know Gang Roleplay is a big part of the server and I'm not trying to get that scrapped at all, In fact some of the most fun I've had is with some of the Group Leaders, My whole point here is if you are running around with a big shiny crosshair, are you really here for roleplay? you're basically just driving around waiting for someone to say the wrong thing so you can blast em and dump em.

4#
Lets be honest now, its straight up cheating, its a third party software, its almost up there with Aimbot and walls, its not meant to be in the server so come on now, stop it.

*Optional Suggestion*
5#
My Fifth point is going to be a HOT take, I want to push to get rid of the default crosshair as well, now I don't know how it would work in code or whatnot but I'm sure it's possible, Now Roleplay.co.uk is a SERIOUS roleplay server that strives to be realistic, now I'm correct to assume this then I think its only right to get rid of the default crosshair, it provides no sense of realism, if I was to go out and buy a gun today all I would have is my iron sights (or scope lul) Anyways my point is i think it would create some very funny moments and increase the intensity when it came to shootouts, it would make people have to work on their aim and i think it would be very amusing to see, just imagine the gang shootouts with no crosshair. be like watching star wars with all the storm trooper aim.

Anyways that last point was just optional I don't really mind if the default stays or goes just more of an emersion thing, but Crosshair X and HudSight and all those shitty third party apps got to go!

I'm more then open to discussion on the topic so if you have counter points (there will be counter points I assume) then please step forward and lets have an adult discussion on the subject!

Have a great day and I hope you enjoyed reading my Essay!

Your comment displays exactly the kind of mentality i'm gong against, the fact you even brough up the winning or losing aspect of RP shows how badly you and all your little gang rp friends wanna win gun fights :)
Did you not make the post in the first place? Advantage shouldn't matter if you don't care about losing ;)

Your comment displays exactly the kind of mentality i'm gong against, the fact you even brough up the winning or losing aspect of RP shows how badly you and all your little gang rp friends wanna win gun fights :)
Not everyone in a gang is bad, this shows your mentality towards gangs and how you think only gangs are bad, you made the post, expect replies you might not be happy with, everyone is entitled to their opinions :)

I mean as much as I find it sad that people have to have Crosshair X on a role-play server, there would be no way for it to be reinforced that it's not allowed/against the rules.

I personally do not mind them having it at the end of the day as much as I wouldn't personally have it myself if they are just fragging on the server they will be caught out by the rules of RPUK. 🤷‍♂️

The optional suggestion would be a no go for criminals/police/gruppe 6 because without it, nobody would be able to have an idea where they are shooting, I know that people will genuinely make a DIY crosshair onto their monitor to combat this which would again be hard to prove if this was even actioned.

People completely disregarding the point this suggestion is making. Does CX give you an advantage sure, Barely. Sure you can use monitor crosshair bluetack ect. The fact is most people who play with it have the mentality of arma frag kiddies. Its not so much the advantage it brings because its negligible. You can shoot just aswell without it with any ounce of skill its the fact you have the mentality to only come to frag, You have the crosshair to get an advantage in any situaton a gunfight is required. No other means of resolution like Roleplay, you know the thing the server is meant to be, Just "ah this man called me a silly billy" lemme line my crosshair up on his dome so I can quick draw his ass then dump him in sea without anything interesting. CX is a disease on the server IMO as is everyone who goes out their way to install it to get any advantage over another player were they know and want a gunfight to occur, smh RPUK is going down the shitter with all the frag hungry arma players that left altis life cos it died, This server used to be about fun experiences and roleplay not who has the bigger virtual dick. Gunfights are a thing Idgaf about them its people who aim to prioritize them other actual fun same sided roleplay.

Its not so much the advantage it brings because its negligible. You can shoot just aswell without it with any ounce of skill its the fact you have the mentality to only come to frag,
This can be debunked and proved wrong, there is people that generally have crosshair x on start up of their pc and just don't use it all, ie me, I have it on start up but its toggled off, im not here to just frag, I enjoy speaking and interacting with people, and I can safely say that for all the people that I have interacted with that I also know use crosshair x, a 3rd part software that add something to your screen does not prove any sort of roleplay, like ive said once and I will say again, having a crosshair doesn't decipher what you roleplay is, its all about you as a character and your personality.

smh RPUK is going down the shitter with all the frag hungry arma players that left altis life cos it died
Not everyone that plays came from arma, there are new players that have only played the fivem server, I know multiple people that didn't come from the arma server, and if you feel like RPUK is going down the shitter then why do you continue to play?.
This server used to be about fun experiences and roleplay not who has the bigger virtual dick. Gunfights are a thing Idgaf about them its people who aim to prioritize them other actual fun same sided roleplay.
Roleplay still goes on, maybe you do not see it yourself as you are not always in everyone's roleplay, im sure even you yourself know that no matter how hard you try and roleplay there will always be someone who will find a way to complain, as I've seen it happen to you myself and seen that you have being complained about before, the server is still fun for most players, a little slow at the moment but people find their own fun, whether that be fighting other gangs, standing at repair shops or speaking with each other at their own turfs, gang rp has been and will always be the same, its just how things run, its a game and people come here for fun, not to be told they're frag kiddies and that they're wrong for having a crosshair.

From my poll the majority use crosshairs so with your idea you’d be punishing the majority for a little mark on their screen.
This post has the most downvotes I’ve personally seen so the proof is in the pudding at this point.

This post is just completely satire now.

How do I downvote a suggestion on the new forums?

Edit: Scratch that found it!

People completely disregarding the point this suggestion is making. Does CX give you an advantage sure, Barely. Sure you can use monitor crosshair bluetack ect. The fact is most people who play with it have the mentality of arma frag kiddies. Its not so much the advantage it brings because its negligible. You can shoot just aswell without it with any ounce of skill its the fact you have the mentality to only come to frag, You have the crosshair to get an advantage in any situaton a gunfight is required. No other means of resolution like Roleplay, you know the thing the server is meant to be, Just "ah this man called me a silly billy" lemme line my crosshair up on his dome so I can quick draw his ass then dump him in sea without anything interesting. CX is a disease on the server IMO as is everyone who goes out their way to install it to get any advantage over another player were they know and want a gunfight to occur, smh RPUK is going down the shitter with all the frag hungry arma players that left altis life cos it died, This server used to be about fun experiences and roleplay not who has the bigger virtual dick. Gunfights are a thing Idgaf about them its people who aim to prioritize them other actual fun same sided roleplay.
The police are just as much a gang as the others whether you see it that way or not.

Who would have thought this post would evolve into such a mature and meaningful discussion.

-1. The general concensus on RP servers is that a crosshair is a minor enough issue not to waste time on, especially in a game where everyone is in 3rd person anyway...

the fact you even brough up the winning or losing aspect of RP shows how badly you and all your little gang rp friends wanna win gun fights
Im glad you have made a comment like this as it shows you are willing to just tar all gang/groups members with the same brush. You know nothing about me and if you did you would maybe know that me and my character could not care less about gun fights and actively try to avoid it through my RP. Just to maybe prove that to you in my over 2 years in RPUK I have maybe been involved in 10-15 gun fights. I am not the one that made a suggestion to ban something as little as a crosshair suggesting "that it's almost up there with Aimbot" to me this just seems like someone who is angry at the gangs/groups and isn't happy with losing a situation.

"If you continue down this path your anger will swallow you like Riley Reid swallowed Johnny Sins" - Mahatma Gandhi

now... i have never owned a weapon on the gta server (and probably never will), however is it really that deep...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fuck Crosshair X we are here to ROLEPLAY not frag!
put it this way if you need to pay £7 for a program to aim up shots before you have even pulled ur gun out ur not preparing ur self for RP ur preparing ur self to frag
its the reason the use of software like it is strictly prohibited while ppl are in bingle

all it promotes is a frag mentality within the server

in the past 6months this community's mentality has turned from one of a roleplay server to one of a Frag server

in the past 6months this community's mentality has turned from one of a roleplay server to one of a Frag server
I would not put this down to the fact of a software that its just a game overlay, id more put this down to the people and the way they want to roleplay amd their attitude towards the server.
put it this way if you need to pay £7 for a program to aim up shots before you have even pulled ur gun out ur not preparing ur self for RP ur preparing ur self to frag
I don't know why everyone thinks this about people that use crosshair x, talking from previously being in a gang and knowing people that are, even if you are in a tense RP scenario, you look around the place, you observe the manner of the RP and observe your surroundings, crosshair x isn't just used to align shots.
This again with what I stated in my first part of this reply, a overlay does not affect the way you roleplay

its the reason the use of software like it is strictly prohibited while ppl are in bingle

Sadly the reality is more people use the program then those who don't I guess, which is really sad to see but hey, when you're outnumbered it is what it is people will make up any excuse for these kind of things :ROFLMAO:

Also Happy Birthday! 🎉🎉🎉

There is soooo many things wrong with that sentence, Crosshair X can have a option to only show on right click holding. So not everyone is lining up shots. "Preparing to frag" I have it but tell me how I am usually the first to be domed. Because It gives no actual advantage. Them people with or without crosshair x would prolly still get their frags in. Its not the software. Its the individuals

I got my Crosshair x for 3 quid actually was well worth it!

Sadly the reality is more people use the program then those who don't I guess, which is really sad to see but hey, when you're outnumbered it is what it is people will make up any excuse for these kind of things :ROFLMAO:
Nothing anyone has said in this thread is an excuse, that's why everyone is on the same path as each other and saying the same thing, I feel like you're just making this discussion into a joke now because you've noticed you do not have more people on your side for it, if you didn't want this reaction then why make the post?

Dear Pest,

I hope my forum post finds you well. I am compelled to address a matter of significance within our esteemed roleplay community: the proposed ban on crosshairs. While I appreciate the intentions behind such a suggestion, I find it imperative to outline several compelling reasons why this measure may not align with our collective interests.

First and foremost, let us consider the principle of accessibility. Our community prides itself on fostering an environment of inclusivity, where all individuals, regardless of ability, can partake in the joys of gaming. Banning crosshairs would inevitably hinder the experience of players who rely on such aids for navigation and gameplay. As stewards of this community, it is incumbent upon us to ensure that no individual is left behind due to arbitrary restrictions.

Moreover, the notion of realism versus gameplay warrants careful consideration. While proponents of the ban may argue for increased immersion, we must not lose sight of the fact that GTA 5 is, at its core, a game designed for entertainment. Imposing restrictions that detract from the overall enjoyment of the experience would serve only to alienate members of our community and undermine our shared objectives.

In addition, the matter of game balance cannot be understated. Banning crosshairs would undoubtedly disrupt the delicate equilibrium that underpins our gameplay dynamics, potentially disenfranchising certain playstyles and compromising the integrity of our community. It is essential that any measures implemented serve to enhance, rather than detract from, the collective experience of our players.

Lastly, let us reflect upon the fundamental values that define our community. We are bound together by a shared passion for gaming and a commitment to fostering a supportive and inclusive environment. Implementing a ban on crosshairs would run counter to these values, potentially fracturing the cohesion of our community and diminishing the sense of camaraderie that defines us.

In conclusion, I urge you to reconsider the proposed ban on crosshairs and to engage in open dialogue with members of our community to explore alternative solutions. Together, we can uphold the principles of accessibility, enjoyment, and inclusivity that lie at the heart of our collective endeavors.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to continuing this conversation and working collaboratively towards solutions that benefit us all.

Sincerely,
Stevie & Chat GPT

P.S. In the spirit of intellectual discourse, I welcome the opportunity to engage in further dialogue on this topic at your earliest convenience.

Dear Pest,

I hope my forum post finds you well. I am compelled to address a matter of significance within our esteemed roleplay community: the proposed ban on crosshairs. While I appreciate the intentions behind such a suggestion, I find it imperative to outline several compelling reasons why this measure may not align with our collective interests.

First and foremost, let us consider the principle of accessibility. Our community prides itself on fostering an environment of inclusivity, where all individuals, regardless of ability, can partake in the joys of gaming. Banning crosshairs would inevitably hinder the experience of players who rely on such aids for navigation and gameplay. As stewards of this community, it is incumbent upon us to ensure that no individual is left behind due to arbitrary restrictions.

Moreover, the notion of realism versus gameplay warrants careful consideration. While proponents of the ban may argue for increased immersion, we must not lose sight of the fact that GTA 5 is, at its core, a game designed for entertainment. Imposing restrictions that detract from the overall enjoyment of the experience would serve only to alienate members of our community and undermine our shared objectives.

In addition, the matter of game balance cannot be understated. Banning crosshairs would undoubtedly disrupt the delicate equilibrium that underpins our gameplay dynamics, potentially disenfranchising certain playstyles and compromising the integrity of our community. It is essential that any measures implemented serve to enhance, rather than detract from, the collective experience of our players.

Lastly, let us reflect upon the fundamental values that define our community. We are bound together by a shared passion for gaming and a commitment to fostering a supportive and inclusive environment. Implementing a ban on crosshairs would run counter to these values, potentially fracturing the cohesion of our community and diminishing the sense of camaraderie that defines us.

In conclusion, I urge you to reconsider the proposed ban on crosshairs and to engage in open dialogue with members of our community to explore alternative solutions. Together, we can uphold the principles of accessibility, enjoyment, and inclusivity that lie at the heart of our collective endeavors.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to continuing this conversation and working collaboratively towards solutions that benefit us all.

Sincerely,
Stevie & Chat GPT

P.S. In the spirit of intellectual discourse, I welcome the opportunity to engage in further dialogue on this topic at your earliest convenience.

Crikey, next time ask for the bullet point version

Back