What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Crosshair X and other easily abused 3rd Party apps

Pest

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Los Santos NHS
Los Santos Firefighter
Good Evening Staff and fellow members of the community!

I am making this post for one reason and one reason only, to create a more fair and friendly environment for the Role-players of our lovely community!

Now My goal here is to get the use of all Third Party Crosshair software banned from use in the server, I will give my points after a few short words, The use of third party software such as Crosshair X and HudSight create a clear unfair advantage when it comes to shootouts within the server, or any other gun related conflict, Too often I feel I'm seeing clips of people running around with big and bright crosshairs that are just unnecessary within a ROLEPLAY server.

To me it feels there are too many people here for the purpose of shooting one another like it was a 2015 Black Ops 2 Lan Event, you see them often on the report pages and clips pages even on YouTube running around 4:3 aspect ratio, the lowest graphics possible, and grand ol' crosshair slap bang in the middle.

Reasons Myself and I know a few other feel it should be banned

1# Now its very clear using these third party software bring a clear unfair advantage in the server when it comes to gun conflict, I know a lot of people will disagree with this post (The ones abusing the software) but I know a lot of people here will agree that it creates an unfair advantage.

2#
Do you really need it? Are you that washed at shooting you NEED a massive crosshair to assist you in your aim? there's a lot of people who do so much better without using a crosshair at all! (Myself included)

3#
Let me remind you of what this server is for...R TO THE O TO THE L TO THE E....not going to do the whole thing but you get where I'm going, ROLEPLAY! We are here for one reason and one thing only! to create interesting roleplaying scenarios with each other and make lifelong friends along the way! now I know Gang Roleplay is a big part of the server and I'm not trying to get that scrapped at all, In fact some of the most fun I've had is with some of the Group Leaders, My whole point here is if you are running around with a big shiny crosshair, are you really here for roleplay? you're basically just driving around waiting for someone to say the wrong thing so you can blast em and dump em.

4#
Lets be honest now, its straight up cheating, its a third party software, its almost up there with Aimbot and walls, its not meant to be in the server so come on now, stop it.

*Optional Suggestion*
5#
My Fifth point is going to be a HOT take, I want to push to get rid of the default crosshair as well, now I don't know how it would work in code or whatnot but I'm sure it's possible, Now Roleplay.co.uk is a SERIOUS roleplay server that strives to be realistic, now I'm correct to assume this then I think its only right to get rid of the default crosshair, it provides no sense of realism, if I was to go out and buy a gun today all I would have is my iron sights (or scope lul) Anyways my point is i think it would create some very funny moments and increase the intensity when it came to shootouts, it would make people have to work on their aim and i think it would be very amusing to see, just imagine the gang shootouts with no crosshair. be like watching star wars with all the storm trooper aim.

Anyways that last point was just optional I don't really mind if the default stays or goes just more of an emersion thing, but Crosshair X and HudSight and all those shitty third party apps got to go!

I'm more then open to discussion on the topic so if you have counter points (there will be counter points I assume) then please step forward and lets have an adult discussion on the subject!

Have a great day and I hope you enjoyed reading my Essay!

pay £7 for a program to aim up shots

Why would you need to pay £7 for something that is literally built into FiveM? You can customise your crosshair with csgo settings for free lmao

Guys come on if you're here for shooting people there is plenty of servers for it but as the song says at the start this is a roleplay server LUL

Notice how the majority who responded are gang RP people lul, for sure have stretched res and don't deny it I see the mass reports with everyone's POV lmao

But that's RPUK and the type of players who remain on it; I don't know what type of reaction you were expecting? Your suggestion would work on a serious RP server, but RPUK isn't really *that* serious. Guns are easy to obtain for both criminals and police and every video that comes out with #rpuk is a fragging montage - minus Solar because he can't aim (jokes luv solar). Not shitting on the server because I quite like it that way, but you sorta have to accept that those players make up a good 50% of the server at a minimum so you're fighting against a playstyle, not simply removing an ability to use a crosshair.

Back