What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Darter Meeting Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
110 voted remove, 70 voted keep.
Pretty sure the % of the active, criminal focused civilian + UNMC player base is much greater than active police. Would never in a millions years have expected any other outcome on a 'straw poll' when one group is in the numeric minority. Kinda like having the populous of China and UK vote on whether Chinese or British tea is best.

Rubber bullets next? We should just save time and skip ahead to the vote on cops being restricted to tazers and SUV's 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure the % of the active, criminal focused civilian + UNMC player base is much greater than active police. Would never in a millions years have expected any other outcome on a 'straw poll' when one group is in the numeric minority. Kinda like having the populous of China and UK vote on whether Chinese or British tea is best.

Rubber bullets next? We should just save time and skip ahead to the vote on cops being restricted to tazers and SUV's 😂
Now if they restricted us to tasers then rebels should be restricted to pistols lol

It was quite a challenge to get a group like this together that represents a varied community like ours. Also if I had a pound for all the people who said it would just be a shitfest I would be the richest hobo on the island now.

Thanks to Kech's stream those who weren't invited could still listen which sparked a lively debate in its chat.

First of all thank you to everyone for helping set this meeting up and participating in a mature and respectful manner.

The meeting notes, kindly provided by Curley, can be read here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WnbYaZ6zAgl2pJoyFj0RpSU3CxMzSUZ4TszXYGZOGkQ/edit

During the meeting there was a vote. The options that could be voted for were:

1. Change nothing
2. Remove thermals
3. Remove the AI so the darter can only be controlled when in the terminal.
4. Remove darters completely

Results:
1. 9 votes
2. 10 votes
3. 9 votes
4. 11 votes (1 more vote added because of a gang leader who was a little late to the meeting)

A discussion has been had after the meeting (because we sure do love meetings) about a possible compromise. We have come to the conclusion that removing darters would be too drastic. So at the midnight restart some changes will be made to the darters.

I know we can never please everyone with our decisions however I hope all of you appreciate the steps we took as a staff/management team to listen to everyone and find a compromise in an ongoing problem. We are open to community feedback that is constructive.
Nalurah, I have to point out the utter ... for a lack of a better word ... SILLY way this meeting was run can be summed up with this 

https://gyazo.com/214c7d7c159a0c03390bcd346f77cbf5

UNMC LT+ gets to vote while only police ACC/DCC/CC, then even after that you have overwhelming rebel "leader" presence.

Then you decide to put this up for a vote ... not to mention 2 votes, since the online pool was more of who will spread the link fastest race and the PM one was from the "community representing ratio of people" or something like that.

After the brilliantly executed voting, 

"We have come to the conclusion that removing darters would be too drastic. So at the midnight restart some changes will be made to the darters."

Nothing too drastic, lets just turn darter into a radioshack quadcopter because rebels and UNMC need love, Police should be happy they still have darters.

Nicely done

Tip:

a compromise or nothing  too drastic would be removing the thermals or AI, not both

But that would make rebel life a challenge!
And? i just think it is Rebel sided because of the UMNC & Rebels there's more of them so when it comes to a vote we obviosuly loose which is completly stupid like look at that meeting about them there was a shit tone of rebel leaders & UMNC leaders & there Lt etc.... its just pure stupid like

And? i just think it is Rebel sided because of the UMNC & Rebels there's more of them so when it comes to a vote we obviosuly loose which is completly stupid like look at that meeting about them there was a shit tone of rebel leaders & UMNC leaders & there Lt etc.... its just pure stupid like
I was being sarcastic 😂

Ah haha😂

I was being sarcastic 
1f602.png

Clearly i haven't been in gunfights enough.... people use darters? o_O We have darters!? 

To be fair i though the only reason you had them was because cops could go: I had a darter on you the whole time " RUBBERED" 10 mins after a gunfight! 

Clearly i haven't been in gunfights enough.... people use darters? o_O We have darters!? 

To be fair i though the only reason you had them was because cops could go: I had a darter on you the whole time " RUBBERED" 10 mins after a gunfight! 
Here is the brilliance of these changes ... THIS can still happen, we can still lock, but everything else that made the darter a tool is stripped away. But keep in mind even though darters effectiveness is now like 5% of what it used to be, this was a compromise, and completely removing them would be TOO DRASTIC 😂

tenor.gif

Here is the brilliance of these changes ... THIS can still happen, we can still lock, but everything else that made the darter a tool is stripped away. But keep in mind even though darters effectiveness is now like 5% of what it used to be, this was a compromise, and completely removing them would be TOO DRASTIC 
1f602.png

tenor.gif
Miss the old top gear that was a good show

We would have happily limited the darters to certain people but instead nah lets just get rid of them they were never too overpowered you have non thermal uniforms and choose not to use them. I could completely understand getting rid of the AI but the thermals is just taking the piss Yoco you were the worst when you were a cop for using darters.
use hellcats like everyone else has to, lets check NPAS time sheets for the past month or more and tell me how many india 99 patrols there has been and i can safely say its probably less then 

Why are people throwing their toys out of the pram for a darter? Do people rely on them that much? 

The concept of having thermals have not changed, use a helicopter and scout using that. Thermals are a privilege not a right, you gotta dedicate some man power for such a powerful asset. And if you struggle to get that man power, look at yourself then, everyone else can do it.

use hellcats like everyone else has to, lets check NPAS time sheets for the past month or more and tell me how many india 99 patrols there has been and i can safely say its probably less then 
With all due respect, saying 'like everyone else has to' would be a valid argument if.....

Police could (like everyone else)

> Backpack weapons in a gunfight to fake 'not involved', move strategic positions, or avoid being shot.
> Switch clothes in a gunfight to fake 'not involved', move strategic positions, or avoid being shot.
> Switch cars in a gun fight to fake 'not involved', move strategic positions, or avoid being shot.
> Routinely use unarmed hobos to scout / distract / harass the enemy in a gun fight
> Circle / harass / scout the enemy in unmarked cars.
> Ally up with other gangs
> Use low cost stealth gear
> Permanently drive unmarked cars to confuse and cast doubt as to who's involved and who's not.
> Strategically set up 'prior' to a bank heist
> Consistently use more powerful weaponry / scopes than the enemy

These are all things done as standard practice by rebels to gain the advantage over police. 

The darter helped knock this down from a very large advantage to just a large advantage. 

With all due respect, saying 'like everyone else has to' would be a valid argument if.....

> Backpack weapons in a gunfight to fake 'not involved', move strategic positions, or avoid being shot.
> Switch clothes in a gunfight to fake 'not involved', move strategic positions, or avoid being shot.
> Switch cars in a gun fight to fake 'not involved', move strategic positions, or avoid being shot.
> Routinely use unarmed hobos to scout / distract / harass the enemy in a gun fight
> Permanently drive unmarked cars to confuse and cast doubt as to who's involved and who's not.

These are all things done as standard practice by rebels to gain the advantage over police. 

The darter helped knock this down from a very large advantage to just a large advantage. 
What happened to NPAS? 

They usually were the MVP when it came to gunfights. 

> Consistently use more powerful weaponry / scopes than the enemy

In  my opinion the darter before the nerf was more powerful than all of those things combined.

1.> Backpack weapons in a gunfight to fake 'not involved', move strategic positions, or avoid being shot.
2.> Switch clothes in a gunfight to fake 'not involved', move strategic positions, or avoid being shot.
3.> Switch cars in a gun fight to fake 'not involved', move strategic positions, or avoid being shot.
4.> Routinely use unarmed hobos to scout / distract / harass the enemy in a gun fight
5.> Circle / harass / scout the enemy in unmarked cars.
6.> Ally up with other gangs
7.> Use low cost stealth gear
8.> Permanently drive unmarked cars to confuse and cast doubt as to who's involved and who's not.
9.> Strategically set up 'prior' to a bank heist
10.> Consistently use more powerful weaponry / scopes than the enemy

Lets break this down.

1. I dont know anyone personally that still does this.
2. Fair enough
3. Doesnt Spectre and Police command get to use unmarked police vehicles? oh ye they do.
4. Spectre can do this.
5. Spectre and police command can do this.
6. Fair enough
7. AR have stealth, and usually there are more AR on than rebels in the same gunfight using stealth.
8. ??
9. Police do this whenever they have intel on people doing a bank heist.
10. The perk of not having 10000 rules over rebel heads. We get to choose what we want to use. (But I see ya point)

And to the people who are commenting salt shit: Grow the fuck up, if you read the whole post then you would have read that Nalurah said: "We are open to community feedback that is constructive."

Nalurah, I have to point out the utter ... for a lack of a better word ... SILLY way this meeting was run can be summed up with this 

https://gyazo.com/214c7d7c159a0c03390bcd346f77cbf5

UNMC LT+ gets to vote while only police ACC/DCC/CC, then even after that you have overwhelming rebel "leader" presence.

Then you decide to put this up for a vote ... not to mention 2 votes, since the online pool was more of who will spread the link fastest race and the PM one was from the "community representing ratio of people" or something like that.

After the brilliantly executed voting, 

"We have come to the conclusion that removing darters would be too drastic. So at the midnight restart some changes will be made to the darters."

Nothing too drastic, lets just turn darter into a radioshack quadcopter because rebels and UNMC need love, Police should be happy they still have darters.

Nicely done

Tip:

a compromise or nothing  too drastic would be removing the thermals or AI, not both
Some of you seem rather set in the stance that UNMC would gain by having the darters removed/nerfed etc but funny enough we have this small device called a "Darter" in our air shop as well which is limited to a few people so in fact overall it would cause more loss than anything but having had it for some time it really does become clear quite quickly how powerful it really is for just one person hence why most will be against it regardless of having it or not. Also your point about UNMC Lt+ I can somewhat see where your coming from but as far as I am aware not all UNMC command were there (myself for sure not being there) and at the moment if the last ACC slot was filled we would only have 3 more people overall and in a case like that it may be wiser to try and have a balance of the factions leaders present to avoid further calling out like so. If you have an issue with how the community meeting's leader decides to obtain some information on how the community wants changes through like a poll to gather the opinions of a majority then I suggest instead of criticizing you actually do as per the OP (original poster) said and actually suggest something constructive not just frankly whinge about it as nothing will come of that. Also with your "Tip" it is rather redundant as if they just removed the thermals people would still be whinging over it all the same as now especially if you read the current posts quite recently and just removing the ai? Errr... having a drone that can track someone through absolutely anything is just absurd along with the waypointing which was already quite broken to begin the following part is not a big deal if your with someone just learn to self-fly it as you will find you can likely end up getting it somewhere faster or better yet use NPAS when its too far as I know from the past one of the reasons people didn't like going up in I-99 was that once up no one called for you half the time so it made it pointless though for a while a bit further back it was from because people normally asked for I-99 hell we sometimes were forced to pick and choose between calls and pick out who needed us more which is something which makes a pilots life that just bit more interesting. (This post is meant towards those with a post alike to the quoted one above not targeting individually)

TLDR: Make suggestions not throw about pointless subjects with no foundation to stand on like "Oo next is our rubbers to be gone" and when criticizing actually be constructive with it and/or have suggestions to specific things that could be improved like with the leadership ratio should try to be kept as equal as possible more focus between having the faction leadership involved at about the same level of numbers as doing so with gangs is harder since they are all not together and have different views/opinions more unlike to how the factions have a more focused view/opinon.

Also finally some of you seem to be missing something quite major (Police anyway and us as UNMC) we have a flying camera to spot people and things with you just need to use your eyes like you do on the ground unless you have become so lazy and reliant on a bloody thermal imaging you cannot be bothered to even look about anymore. Also, there will be less need for every Tom, Dick and Harry to have to buy a thermal suit now to avoid Police/UNMC darters but I do still agree the thermal suits should be price increased hell personally think they should be removed as well with the darter thermals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back