What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Disallowing gang alliances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam

Unlinked
Gangs should not be making alliances to overpower the LSPS or bully other gangs, it makes no sense. Majority of the gangs on the server have been at war a fair few times then all of a sudden they're allied and dominate the server. It doesn't make sense in RP, it feels very unrealistic.

Gangs don't even care when the LSPS arrive on a situation, they continue shooting in their OWN personal car, screaming down the radio with no fear factor that they could be shot, caught and sentenced to life for numerous murders. In a real life scenario, most gangs would scatter as soon as they heard police arriving or seen them so that they aren't caught but the most I've heard when arriving is - 

"Police won't do shit, keep shooting"

In reality, a gang wouldn't mess with the police as they know that they'll just get fucked by the police. This also counts as locking down hospitals with their massive weapons on display, attacking a PD. Majority of the real life situations of police stations being attacked are either in movies in the US and IN THE US. We shouldn't make the police overpowered and I understand it is a game but gangs shouldn't treat police as vending machines nor as pets.

I have played both sides before anyone comes in here criticising that I only main Police, that would be wrong. I don't see the need for gangs to team up to overpower a gang or the Police. Gangs have a max cap of 25? I RARELY see 20 cops on at the one time. The fact that gangs are dominating the server and overpowering Police so that we aren't capable of doing anything is horrendous. It not only makes is extremely unfair but it doesn't give us the motivation to play.

I was told a few weeks ago that two gangs were fighting each other and as soon as Police arrived to you know POLICE THE SITUATION as that's what they do, these two gangs just stopped fighting each other and both started shooting the police, how does that make sense? It doesn't. Someone being married from a rival gang shouldn't just make all gang feuds end and all the history of these gangs fighting to just disappear, it cuts off even more RP.

Sure you could say some of these alliances came from a strong standpoint in RP such as two individuals from different gangs marrying each other in RP, well another suggestion could be actual server rules in place to stop gangs circumventing the Gang cap of 25 and not involving themselves in the other gangs feuds.

Personally I think the police should be over powered by the gangs as gangs you should all hate the police. Look at the Vagos and Grove War recently Police were to involved so instead of fighting each other they switched their sights and started fighting the police together. That is how it should be the Gangs should team against the police because that is how the gangs mentality has always been and should be against police IMO.
Sorry, show me evidence of gangs irl that overpower and decimate a police force in the UK.

its not the UK, we are in LS i have always thought it was just a British protectorate  
It's a UK themed server, do you not miss the times of Kamran Morrison? Barely seeing anyone with a gun and when you did it was a pistol? When the RP was at a high standard back then, cops weren't on power trips etc....?

#Bring back banks
I get this is a bit off topic, but I reckon there would be farrrr less wars and more RP (hostages) if banks were still a thing 🙂  Banks were very fun to do and kept players busy and entertained, leaving less time for wars to start, and alliances to form.

agree with most points except the marriage thing, marriage can be a big thing between gangs and even happens in GTA lore with Aztecas and grove in San Andreas,when cj's sister marries one, literally a main focal point of the story is that they help each other and even help grove to discover that they're being played by the police, an extremely important part of the story if you've ever played the game (also based off real situations). 

a reason why people gang up on the police is maybe because they get most things and its a police biased server, so to counter that people may team up on them, previous posts from me kind of state a few things that have happened with police and providing below par roleplay and overwhelming and the unbalanced situations taking place.

a reason people may be only focusing on this is because everyone wants war because there is literally fuck all nothing for a civ to do, telling me to use my imagination doesn't work because I grind for hours to get money to get a strap and for me to imagine that I'm robbing one of the smaller banks with no reward, and nobody on the server is gonna do that. Big bank has a reward but you get swarmed by every single officer on the force who don't value hostages lives.

tried to do evidence locker, they didn't value officers lives and we even took a picture doing a specific emote they asked and posted on Tweedle.

it would be a +1 with tweaks and more control, even things for other gangs to control or do other than constantly shoot eachother could sort out some of these issues in itself, because they'd have something other than war to do one of the three things that Civs can do other than sell drugs and do mundane jobs.

BUT without these changes made its a -1 from me

It's a UK themed server, do you not miss the times of Kamran Morrison? Barely seeing anyone with a gun and when you did it was a pistol? When the RP was at a high standard back then, cops weren't on power trips etc....?
I do miss it, and TBH i was one of the people that was most against gangs when they first came in. but i was vastly outspoken so i went with it and now we are here. 

agree with most points except the marriage thing, marriage can be a big thing between gangs and even happens in GTA lore with Aztecas and grove in San Andreas,when cj's sister marries one, literally a main focal point of the story is that they help each other and even help grove to discover that they're being played by the police, an extremely important part of the story if you've ever played the game (also based off real situations). 

a reason why people gang up on the police is maybe because they get most things and its a police biased server, so to counter that people may team up on them, previous posts from me kind of state a few things that have happened with police and providing below par roleplay and overwhelming and the unbalanced situations taking place.

a reason people may be only focusing on this is because everyone wants war because there is literally fuck all nothing for a civ to do, telling me to use my imagination doesn't work because I grind for hours to get money to get a strap and for me to imagine that I'm robbing one of the smaller banks with no reward, and nobody on the server is gonna do that. Big bank has a reward but you get swarmed by every single officer on the force who don't value hostages lives.

tried to do evidence locker, they didn't value officers lives and we even took a picture doing a specific emote they asked and posted on Tweedle.

it would be a +1 with tweaks and more control, even things for other gangs to control or do other than constantly shoot eachother could sort out some of these issues in itself, because they'd have something other than war to do one of the three things that Civs can do other than sell drugs and do mundane jobs.

BUT without these changes made its a -1 from me
I do agree that content is lacking and there isn't much to do, even considering there is some stuff like other drugs on the city but they are not even worth the effort which just makes for useless content. 

But i don't think complaining about no content will make devs work faster, after all they are doing it out of their free time which i understand, if i was to suggest something i would say try to get more devs in the team even if it is like designs people for clothes, logos or something like that.

You are all in the position to create your own content without the necessity of developers creating new assets or implementing further tools. You don't need content to have fun, create a story or event and roll with it.
The debate regarding "no one had an issue with xyz then" is irrelevant and not current to the state of affairs at this present time.

I am unable to go in game as I am out of county but over the past week alone, I have received numerous complaints about RP provided towards police, with an example shown only last night where 17 triads and ballas were collectively in frame at the Ballas compound, with more dotted around and inside the property.
This is the kind of overt behaviour that makes the gang cap null and void.

Temporary "non-aggression pacts" where the enemy of my enemy is my friend applies makes perfect sense
But allying up to this degree where as I mentioned before, doubling numbers, funds, guns, cars etc. Is not fair and this applies to all who are not apart of the Triad x Ballas.

Policing gangs has become near on impossible due to instant hostilities shown towards us and the sheer volume of gang members in one space prevents proactive policing without the likelihood of a firefight ensuing.

From our end, we just want it to make sense.

Policing gangs has become near on impossible due to instant hostilities shown towards us and the sheer volume of gang members in one space prevents proactive policing without the likelihood of a firefight ensuing.
I can only talk for myself but I try to have civil conversations with those who play Police and try to just have a bit of a laugh with them but I'd be lying if I said a few people don't let the power go to their heads thinking they can say what they want because they are under the impression that they are protected due to the uniform they wear.

I believe a few not everyone but a few officers need to be sat down and have a conversation about mutual respect if I'm just talking to you normally dont try and slip in some sly jabs out my gang or what I've been arrested for or where I'm from because they're examples of the type of things that gets your character targeted.

In reality if you did not conduct yourself in a professional manner you could lose your job which should be the case in the server too all done through RP of course as its an RP server at the end of the day. If you wanna act big and chat shit don't hide behind a uniform and an AR make a gang/crim character and do it.

Hopefully Ponty as a Police Senior you could put an action like this into motion as not all hostility is unwarranted as I believe something like this would benefit both sides and add to the professionalism of the Los Santos Police Department.

a reason people may be only focusing on this is because everyone wants war because there is literally fuck all nothing for a civ to do, telling me to use my imagination doesn't work
I normally wouldn't comment, but I'll make an exception.

So, to clear something up, the general attitude of: "There's nothing to do", is not going to get people anywhere. So, excuse my attide, but my general opinion of that complaint is, those who use it can show it up where light doesn't shine.
t the end of the day, WE are all playing on a RP server to RP. Last time I checked, RP had very little to no barriers stopping you? No-one is forcing you to grind for hours just to become a millionaire? No-one is telling you to get the fastest car in the city, etc. But, that's a choice YOU've made, since that's what YOU've decided fits to your specific character. 
What's holding you back from making a new one, so you can create some different RP? I got a character, where all I do is simply "fuck about". My aim on that character is not to become rich. Not to become a gang leader, but to have fun.
But, if you still stick with: "There's nothing to do", then how come suggestions aren't made? The only way for the dev team to know what's needed, is through people suggesting things.

So, instead of starting a war because of some small thing, then work up a RP story over a longer duration of time, so people are actually interested. If it's gotten to a point, to which people just shrug their shoulders because of a gang war, then fuck me sideways. Gang wars shouldn't happen as often as they do. It's should be a rare occurence. Gun fights between gangs are fine and all, since that's what it means to be rivals. 

Once again, this is my opinion, not from a staff POV.

Last edited by a moderator:
In reality gangs in the same city would possibly make deals and have a truce or work together when need be to reach mutual goals but in general, they´d be fighting over resources, standing and power, which was the general intend to begin with, if I´m not mistaken. 
Of course this is not real life and nothing speaks against people hanging out and making friends with each other, but the footage I have seen and the situations I have witnessed at times, were so very poorly executed that I have to agree with this suggestion as well. 

Again, it´s not everyone and also not every situation, but it seems to be getting worse by the day. Also, I don´t think fingers should be pointed at specific gangs when it comes to this issue. It´s a general one and it needs to somehow be sorted.

There is a reason it´s 25 members per gang. If that limit is not reached or half is not online, then that is a gang issue and was already reckoned with when this number was set.

As someone who has never been in a war or something but has been around when enough of these fights are going on.

I feel like wars need an actual reason and not this petty shit on tweedle or he looked at me the wrong way, fights over controlling the drug scene in an area or something building up makes much more sense.

Also I feel like there should be a time limit on a war and only a limited number of lives or something, you die once or twice and you can't log into that character until the war is over, half the time it feels like theres no risk as people have a shoot out and both gangs are like were go take everyone to hospital and not let the cops arrest us. (Makes zero sense at all)

It doesn't make sense to have a 7 day rdm fest because someone said something on tweedle that I didn't like 🤦‍♂️

(My own opinion and not of the staff team)

Agree, shouldn’t be happening it doesn’t contribute towards any roleplay just who has the biggest cock and wins its shite 

my other concern is, hardly anyone in these gangs that I can name apart from a few who actually play as a character, too many people coming on here portraying their normal toxic self, Just pure dead voice and attitude, half of them sound bored with life itself and depressed as fuck. 

like make an actually character and have fun, maybe put on an accent, a background with a bit of meaning. Like let’s be honest, RP has always been cringe but it’s the most cringiest thing I’ve ever seen when someone in a gang who’s like 30 years old behind his computer is being a toxic rat and giving shit to someone dumping them and just playing as themselves.

GANGS NEED CHARACTERS NOT POINTLESS WARS BECAUSE SOMEONE VOLLYED A SNOWBALL AT YOU HEAD OR CALLED YOU FAT ON TWITTER

sooner people play characters majority of problems are solved.  

Agree, shouldn’t be happening it doesn’t contribute towards any roleplay just who has the biggest cock and wins its shite 

my other concern is, hardly anyone in these gangs that I can name apart from a few who actually play as a character, too many people coming on here portraying their normal toxic self, Just pure dead voice and attitude, half of them sound bored with life itself and depressed as fuck. 

like make an actually character and have fun, maybe put on an accent, a background with a bit of meaning. Like let’s be honest, RP has always been cringe but it’s the most cringiest thing I’ve ever seen when someone in a gang who’s like 30 years old behind his computer is being a toxic rat and giving shit to someone dumping them and just playing as themselves.

GANGS NEED CHARACTERS NOT POINTLESS WARS BECAUSE SOMEONE VOLLYED A SNOWBALL AT YOU HEAD OR CALLED YOU FAT ON TWITTER

THIS

Honestly this.... soo true

This 🤌

I do miss the times of when the gang update was first released and all these gangs were doing accents based on their gangs lore. @ConnorTheGreattstraining to keep up with the Triad accent same with @Ponty, @Joshuakeeping up with the marabunta accent. Was really immersive.

@Drew You got me hurting bro 😢

My other concern is, hardly anyone in these gangs that I can name apart from a few who actually play as a character, too many people coming on here portraying their normal toxic self, Just pure dead voice and attitude, half of them sound bored with life itself and depressed as fuck. 
I think in regards to a character some people do just sort of play themselves but its easy to go off of what you know if that makes sense. You say RP has always been cringe and I agree like I don't participate in the extent that some others do as its something I find a bit odd (not saying its bad to get involved just saying I'd feel cringe doing it myself more power to those that go the extra mile). Like personally my character isn't exactly like me but has my qualities mixed with other things I have seen growing up where I did and meeting people I know or remember over my life time so I draw from things in that regard and I think I speak for a lot of people in saying that as its easier to pull from your own life and experiences and know what you feel more comfortable doing than creating this whole "imaginary" character and starting from no where.  

Don't wanna go off typing more then needs to be said. Straight to the point Alliances may be had but they shouldn't be involved in situations that don't concern the main party directly. Just because you're allies does not mean you shoot for them  or even be there to settle issues that don't concern the allied  gang. 

People commented on Azteca's past alliances yes we had an official alliance with Ballas at one time because we had   Vagos+Triads vs Azteca's  as for Azteca we have barely ever had the roster at cap because we are selective. we had to go out the way to get others involved and to my knowledge staff got involved to stop this from happening because at the time it was 35 cap on gangs and we had about 10-15 Azteca's, 20-25 Ballas and about 5 Marabunta for that single push we had at Vagos turf with Triads and Vagos defending them.

The Ballas alliance kept going as we didn't fight each others war we were there to aid in taking people to hospital, calling out or other things that didn't involve shootings. Not sure how many Vagos recall but there were times where we pushed Vagos turf and we had medical aids to be taken to hospital by Ballas. Same thing happen towards the end of the Triads alliance with Vagos. When Vagos pushed Azteca turf they would aids them to hospital.

For the Apostle Alliance with Aztecas was basically a friendship between us. We were both not getting involved in anything kind of war or situations where we needed each others help but we just had the same mentality so which is why the merge even happened which is now no longer a alliance but now as one(The Coalition).

For me I am here to enjoy the server and wanna get on day to day. If anyone knows my character I don't have a win mentality I don't care about money, guns or winning a pity war. Taking leadership for Azteca's I'm sure a lot of changes were made from my end to better the way "Azteca's were perceived". I think the server needs to have a balance to everyone gangs, groups and cops. Everyone needs to lower their ego and think about RPUK as a whole not just "Our gangs or friendships" 🙂

This 🤌

I do miss the times of when the gang update was first released and all these gangs were doing accents based on their gangs lore. @ConnorTheGreattstraining to keep up with the Triad accent same with @Ponty, @Joshuakeeping up with the marabunta accent. Was really immersive.
How it should be - I won’t comment too much, but just be creative, as drew said.

Make it interesting for others to interact with you.

And please, all groups, consider your past interactions, makes ZERO sense for you to be chummy with a group you were aiming to wipe out less than two months ago. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back