What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Drug sell prices

Tested weed and cocaine compared to fishing recently. In a one hour span you can make 90K fishing and maybe more, I made 90K at the 50 minute mark after 2 runs. In one hour selling weed to locals made me just about 46k, cocaine made me 64k. Have to include the fact that drugs cost you money whether you buy from a dealer or make them your self, and baggies cost a shit load now and are hardly ever available. ON TOP of that, you don't always get a good batch of locals, sometimes they disappear for ages in the gang territories, and then you also have the fact that you can get arrested and lose all your money, or get robbed. 

I just don't get it, do the devs want this server to be a fishing server?! Also, why is there no way to make our own baggies, saw a store selling baggies for £200 a piece, please just put baggies in the weed store and revert them back to £8. The fact that fishing makes you more than drugs is so backwards compared to IRL, and on top of that there's no RP in fishing, the amount of boats just sitting there by them selves fishing away while they watch youtube. At least drugs bring RP to the server and there's risk involved. It's the only server I've ever seen to make drugs profitability useless, absolutely bizarre decision by the devs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind drug prices as such, but;

1) Legal jobs need some balancing in comparison - otherwise why take the risk
2) Availability of bags needs to improve and hte price return to a reasonable level. Either by allowing stores to better stock them or being able to make them.

If you consider it's £600 ish (not including pot) to see a weed plant through a full cycle that will produce 250-300 weed. That makes a cost of about 2.4 per bud at minimum.  In comparison that £600  will buy you 3-6 plastic bags. That means to bag 300 weed you need 30k at least where as before it was 2.4k.

The fact you lose £27.6k to markup on bags means the sale of weed really is slow (and I agree that the chance of selling appears to reduced?). I wouldn't mind it taking slightly longer or being slightly less if the bags didn't take a huge chunk of it.

They should add the ability to sell bulk loads of drugs (100+ in one go) in a few minutes of risk to make larger amounts of money for larger risk. If it takes 20 minutes to make £30k legallly then it should take half that time to bulk sell a load of drugs. Not just the odd bag of weed to someone at traffic lights. 

Maybe an app on the phone (dark web) can give you the ability to contact a house location and you go there and stand there for a few minutes and there is a risk of the police being alerted. That way the police have a reason to patrol also. 

Weed prices should go up, it costs 6K to make 250 pieces of weed at your house, as well as 48 hours for the plants to grow. You then need to bag them up, bags are currently at £100 a piece and that's on a good day, so that's another £25,000 just to bag up the 250 pieces of weed. On average, every 100 pieces of weed sold to locals makes you 20,000 (I've done multiple tests on this), so for one plant that gets you 250 pieces of weed, you are making around £50,000 selling to locals, now deduct the 6K to grow + 25K for baggies, and you're making £19,000 PROFIT. That's a joke, especially considering it takes 48 hours for the plant to grow, and around an hour to sell 250 weed to locals, maybe more. £19,000 proft, when fishing makes you around £75,000+ per hour in a truck.

In my opinion, selling weed to locals should make slightly more than fishing (with preparation costs in mind), and selling cocaine should make 20-30% more than fishing. Also, plastic bags should be sold at the weed store for £10 a pop, not for £100 in player owned stores.

They should add the ability to sell bulk loads of drugs (100+ in one go) in a few minutes of risk to make larger amounts of money for larger risk. If it takes 20 minutes to make £30k legallly then it should take half that time to bulk sell a load of drugs. Not just the odd bag of weed to someone at traffic lights. 

Maybe an app on the phone (dark web) can give you the ability to contact a house location and you go there and stand there for a few minutes and there is a risk of the police being alerted. That way the police have a reason to patrol also. 
Not a fan of this idea. It just becomes another concept of taking the player to player interaction out of another prominent role.

Majority of my business is/was that I sell bulk to other players quite cheap (well, used to, when it actually made money) so they can then sell. I still sell to locals myself sometimes but would sell 80% of my weed to players. Why would I go to the effort (and it takes quite a bit to find customers who want to get involved) of finding these players when I can just go on my own to a house and sell there for what might be a higher risk (if it's a RNG chance of police being called).

Weed prices should go up, it costs 6K to make 250 pieces of weed at your house, as well as 48 hours for the plants to grow. You then need to bag them up, bags are currently at £100 a piece and that's on a good day, so that's another £25,000 just to bag up the 250 pieces of weed. On average, every 100 pieces of weed sold to locals makes you 20,000 (I've done multiple tests on this), so for one plant that gets you 250 pieces of weed, you are making around £50,000 selling to locals, now deduct the 6K to grow + 25K for baggiess, and you're making £19,000 PROFIT. That's a joke, especially considering it takes 48 hours for the plant to grow, and around an hour to sell 250 weed to locals, maybe more. £19,000 proft, when fishing makes you around £75,000+ per hour in a truck.

In my opinion, selling weed to locals should make slightly more than fishing (with preparation costs in mind), and selling cocaine should make 20-30% more than fishing. Also, plastic bags should be sold at the weed store for £10 a pop, not for £100 in player owned stores.
I think your point reinforces the others in this thread. Although it's only £600 per grow as long as you have the pot (which is a one off purchase for £5k - for first time growers I guess the first 'batch' has to have that taken into account) and 48 hours isn't that much time - especially when you can't really sell it that much at the moment lol. In comparison to many other illegal activities weed growing is extremely easy; if anything too simple. The 48 hours really is the only thing that adds some kind of restraint to it.

Not a fan of this idea. It just becomes another concept of taking the player to player interaction out of another prominent role.

Majority of my business is/was that I sell bulk to other players quite cheap (well, used to, when it actually made money) so they can then sell. I still sell to locals myself sometimes but would sell 80% of my weed to players. Why would I go to the effort (and it takes quite a bit to find customers who want to get involved) of finding these players when I can just go on my own to a house and sell there for what might be a higher risk (if it's a RNG chance of police being called).

I think your point reinforces the others in this thread. Although it's only £600 per grow as long as you have the pot (which is a one off purchase for £5k - for first time growers I guess the first 'batch' has to have that taken into account) and 48 hours isn't that much time - especially when you can't really sell it that much at the moment lol. In comparison to many other illegal activities weed growing is extremely easy; if anything too simple. The 48 hours really is the only thing that adds some kind of restraint to it.
Are you sure you have to buy the plant pot once? I've bought one, placed it down and then it's disappeared from my house furniture inventory? Also, once I harvest the plant, the plant pot disappears? Or is that when it goes back in to your house inventory? That would make sense actually..

Are you sure you have to buy the plant pot once? I've bought one, placed it down and then it's disappeared from my house furniture inventory? Also, once I harvest the plant, the plant pot disappears? Or is that when it goes back in to your house inventory? That would make sense actually..
100%. There was a bug probably mid march where your house inventory would clear after restart. But since then it was fixed and pots are recycled.

100%. There was a bug probably mid march where your house inventory would clear after restart. But since then it was fixed and pots are recycled.
Ahh that makes sense, that's around the time where I was growing my very first batch. I'll have to double check it, haven't had any interest in growing more since the recent changes and how little profit you make. Thanks for letting me know though.

Thing is, the scenario you're describing would only increase as more people would buy bulk from you to then sell on in bulk. It would create instantly higher demand asore people would be out and about dumping it out of the economy in the form of sales. So bulk suppliers like you would be having a field day. 

For those of you who posted here - have you tried dealing recently? Is it better?

Personally feel the overall experience is better for a return. It's achievable to sell drugs and make a reasonable profit in good time. Does anybody else agree/disagree?

For those of you who posted here - have you tried dealing recently? Is it better?

Personally feel the overall experience is better for a return. It's achievable to sell drugs and make a reasonable profit in good time. Does anybody else agree/disagree?
The money you get is fine, but a small issue with getting constant no's from locals time to time, I've made a post about it in the bug section. Yes rate definitely needs to be upped. 

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestion.

The prices was reviewed and was increased after this post. 

Moving to implemented

Back