What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Enable/Disable chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki Nixon

In the F1 menu you get the option to disable the main server chat so it does not clog up your screen however you still see kicks, bans and server announcements. It would be nice if none of this was shown unless your session ID is @ed for the notification sound.. Then you can toggle the chat to have a read. Admins should be able to overwrite this when anncounements are needed for everyone. Thanks

Attachments

• af25e8e4fa96af641d5575cec78dc83e.jpg
    af25e8e4fa96af641d5575cec78dc83e.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 5
+1 Would love to be able to disable the blue notifications, it's so jarring seeing them over and over.

+1. if you could remove everything that isn't LOOC or just choose what you want to see could be dope

It used to work that way, but it was changed. As people wouldn't know when they were @ ed or when a important announcement was put out. Like people loitering at pillbox wouldn't of known there was a staff announcement if the rule was announced, so it was changed to make everyone aware. I understand were you're coming from tho

as long as it keeps server announcements from staff/devs, LOOC and you being @ed i'll plus 1

some of the blue notifications tend to be more annoying than useful for longer standing members from what i've seen

In the F1 menu you get the option to disable the main server chat so it does not clog up your screen however you still see kicks, bans and server announcements. It would be nice if none of this was shown unless your session ID is @ed for the notification sound.. Then you can toggle the chat to have a read. Admins should be able to overwrite this when anncounements are needed for everyone. Thanks
I've made a change to hide punishments however it seems like server announcements aren't shown when it's turned off? If you mean staff/dev announcements they exist specifically to bypass the disabled chat (there's the ooc variants that staff/devs can use for less important stuff that not everyone needs to see)

I've made a change to hide punishments however it seems like server announcements aren't shown when it's turned off? If you mean staff/dev announcements they exist specifically to bypass the disabled chat (there's the ooc variants that staff/devs can use for less important stuff that not everyone needs to see)
I think Nikki is talking about something *slightly* different, but for me I like to see the OOC chat, but find the constant blue automatic messages that I've seen 1,000s of times very annoying, if those could be toggled off whilst still having the red, green, purple annoucements, looc & ooc that would be nice, especially when the server is quieter and the chat gets filled with blue spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back