What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Encrypted Radio Frequency's

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronH

Brief Summary:

A radio channel that only members of the relative gangs/groups can use

Detailed Suggestion: 

A similar system to how the cop radios are setup, Have it so that every group has their own frequency that cannot be accessed unless you are a member of the gang/group. As currently there is to little options and it is very easy to get another groups frequency resulting in 10 changed a day which is not realistic.

The Pros:

Gangs/groups have a safe radio that cannot be accessed by others

The Cons:

People cant listen to other gangs/groups radio

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes as gangs/groups cannot listen to what other gangs/groups are doing

Realisitcly gangs probably don't even have a radio license so why would they get one if them frequency that is reserved. At the end of the day it doesn't actually matter as in real life anyone can connect to any one frequency. This would be same for police however people just trolled the police radio rather than listening like intended. I don't see a need. As sometimes I have found out another gangs freq and sat listening for ages. If you're dumb enough to expose it then don't do it. If you upload a player report crop that part out or use OBS and cover up that corner

There's about 1000 possible radio frequencies that you can use, if you're having to change radio frequency 10 times a day then there's something else going on there.

At the end of a day we're gangs. We're not government-ran, as I'm sure that would run into some issues in terms of legality. We're not supposed to be hyper advanced groups locked behind the complete inability for someone to get our radio frequency and learn information through listening to it.

Realisitcly gangs probably don't even have a radio license so why would they get one if them frequency that is reserved. At the end of the day it doesn't actually matter as in real life anyone can connect to any one frequency. This would be same for police however people just trolled the police radio rather than listening like intended. I don't see a need. As sometimes I have found out another gangs freq and sat listening for ages. If you're dumb enough to expose it then don't do it. If you upload a player report crop that part out or use OBS and cover up that corner
Idk how it is in the UK but in norway you can fairly easily buya freq for yourself and encryption is not hard to aquire but its fairly easy to decrypt. It would cool if you could encrypt/decrypt people freqs. And before people suggest decrypting police/NHS freqs. NO one has proved that they can decrypt the norwegian TETRA network. I am fairly certain its few or non in the UK as well.  

I believe the current system only allows for pre-defined channels (and thus people permission to access them) and then the open channels you have now. I guess anything is possible with some development work, but not something I would consider a priority.

Radio encryption comes in different levels. You can get digital encryption that works on a cheaper scale, which just works on programming the radios with a particular key. I wouldn't say it's overly complicated and I wouldn't be surprised if there are ways around this technology. Could it be obtained by gangs? Sure. They're easy enough to get hold of. These will be used by security companies and organisations like that.

Additionally, yes. TETRA radio used by emergency services is a higher level of encryption (and works more like a mobile phone than a radio). In the UK, the system is currently Airwave. I'm an Airwave Tac Advisor and the College of Policing always boast that it's never been 'hacked' into. I wait for the day, though. It's about 20 years old and overdue about 5 years of a replacement. But that's another story.

I would like to see more radio frequencies rather than encrypted ones. Right now it is just too easy to systematically go through all the frequencies with a handful of people during peak time and pick up multiple gangs current frequency.

Rejected

Instead the channel limit was increased to 2000.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back