What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Extend C2.1 to include the full ban of 3rd party software like Crosshair X

Lucy Webb

Banned
i know this will get down voted to shit but I don't give a fuck tbh, 

RPUK has and will always be a ROLEPLAY server not a frag server

same as the now ban on posting frag montages with any RPUK logos or branding this change would be to combat the growing fragger mentality that RPUK is suffering from most notably from gangs,
software like Crosshair X also leaves others who don't have it at a disadvantage as users who have it can line up shots even before taking out and aiming a gun leading to unrealistic shots to the point its borderline exploiting/cheating, everyone should be on the same playing field during a gun battle, using these types of software puts those who don't have it at a great disadvantage 

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been said before, monitors have built in crosshairs and tbh it’s not hard to make medal record above it so it’s not seen. Would be an impossible rule to police.

wouldn't this come under C2.1

(C2.1) Game modification - Using any sort of modification that changes the functionality of your game is not permitted to be used while you are logged into our servers. This includes non-malicious graphical enhancement utilities. We have systems in place in order to detect and punish users for this type of offence. This offence will result in a permanent ban without chance for appeal.

i know this will get down voted to shit but I don't give a fuck tbh, 

RPUK has and will always be a ROLEPLAY server not a frag server

same as the now ban on posting frag montages with any RPUK logos or branding this change would be to combat the growing fragger mentality that RPUK is suffering from most notably from gangs,
software like Crosshair X also leaves others who don't have it at a disadvantage as users who have it can line up shots even before taking out and aiming a gun leading to unrealistic shots to the point its borderline exploiting/cheating, everyone should be on the same playing field during a gun battle, using these types of software puts those who don't have it at a great disadvantage 
no mate    -1

popcorn-watching-tv.gif

What would then happen to all people using monitors that have built in crosshairs? As much as I am against fragging it should not be a bannable offense as it does not really give a massive advantage if you can kinda predict the center of your screen.

i really dont see how a crosshair is effecting any sort of roleplay at all, it makes literally 0 sense to ban having a crosshair on the server 

I really don’t see how crosshairs x promotes fragging. When I’m sat in my taxi making some money I don’t just see a little crosshair on my screen and feel the urge to just shoot people. Sure it could give people a unfair advantage but not having it would not make a major difference it would just promote more  people just wippinng guns out first because they can’t ‘line a shot up’ because they won’t want to lose there hours off grinding on a gun which will just create a lower standard or rp around gun play in the server 

Massive -1

Having crosshair x really does not change much, yes you can line up a shot before your gun is drawn with the crosshair, but there is also more ways to do that without a crosshair also, and also id say the majority of people know where the centre of their screen is to line up shots anyways. I cant agree with banning people over this because of something that people have over layed onto their screen, I personally would not say that crosshair x makes anyone have a frag mentality, a little dot or a cross on a screen really does not differentiate the way that people roleplay, I cant imagine anyone loads up the game and changes the way they want to roleplay because of it.

Now you saying its coming from mostly gangs, you have to realise that gangs will always roleplay differently to normal civilians, gangs will have issues, they wont like certain other gangs, its the way the whole gang life side of it is, and most people that fight on this server are all set at the same playing field anyways, crosshair x does not change the way the gun works and doesn't change any sort of skill, just an additional over the already in game crosshair.

-1, as mentioned loads of times before almost every "gaming" monitor has a built-in crosshair feature with 0 chance you can ever get caught, even if you don't have it, put a dot with a marker and it has the same effect...

This has been brought up time and time again, even by myself at points, so I won't blame you for posting this.

However, I have since gathered understanding on why this will likely never be an implemented rule.

1. Hard to monitor. Why? There's multiple applications that can put crosshairs on your screen and we'd have no way of knowing. Also, a lot of monitors have in built custom crosshairs which again we would never know if it was turned on or not.

2. People would likely not listen, would find their own way to use custom crosshairs without being caught.

Sorry to be discouraging! If you can't beat them, join them ; )

14187314-pack_s.webp

I can understand where the post is coming from, but at the end of the day we have to realize we are playing "Grand Theft Auto", of which has multiple cross-hair options built into the game itself, so should we also get rid of those?

I feel it would be too much, would make the server feel too micro-managed.

Back