What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Extend C2.1 to include the full ban of 3rd party software like Crosshair X

Lucy Webb

Banned
i know this will get down voted to shit but I don't give a fuck tbh, 

RPUK has and will always be a ROLEPLAY server not a frag server

same as the now ban on posting frag montages with any RPUK logos or branding this change would be to combat the growing fragger mentality that RPUK is suffering from most notably from gangs,
software like Crosshair X also leaves others who don't have it at a disadvantage as users who have it can line up shots even before taking out and aiming a gun leading to unrealistic shots to the point its borderline exploiting/cheating, everyone should be on the same playing field during a gun battle, using these types of software puts those who don't have it at a great disadvantage 

Last edited by a moderator:
No one is crying jay, people are expressing there opinions and there minds, you dont have to use a crosshair if you dont want to, doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to either 

again, resolution doesn't ruin any sort of RP at all, some people use it as a way to get better FPS because it helps
The problem is that being able to aim, before even the person you are going to aim at sees it gives them a MASSIVE disadvantage. 

IMO - Crosshairs (Expect the built in one) has nothing to do on a RP server. 
People should care more about the RP, rather than caring so much for winning a situation that they go use a crosshair to aim their gun before they even have it in their hands. 

From a RP perspective, having a crosshair makes no sense at all.

Not saying I'm in favour of a ban of it or not, I am pretty neautral on that matter. However, is it cringe to use it? Absolutely.

Ye -1 having a crosshair on my screen makes my roleplay better in my opinion
RP better with a crosshair? Maybe if it is a mexico cartel gun fight RP - Then yes, being able to shoot others makes for a great addition to the RP 😄

I can understand where the post is coming from, but at the end of the day we have to realize we are playing "Grand Theft Auto", of which has multiple cross-hair options built into the game itself, so should we also get rid of those?

I feel it would be too much, would make the server feel too micro-managed.

The difference between the built in one, and the Crosshair x is that with C X you can aim even before you draw your firearm. 
No issues with a crosshair in general, but being able to aim before anyone else even see your gun is lame. 

Should we ban it? Probably not, as it takes to much time and resources to enforce.
Is there any good reason to use it, other than to "win" a situation? No, not at all. 

I think we should look at the videos, why is that we see so many frag montages with crosshair x in it, whilst if you look at police videos, or more non-gang activities (And even those without a gang but have guns) don't seem to use crosshair x very much?

Yes very fair opinion to state that 80% of the community don't belong here because a few lines on their screen, ridiculous 
I use crosshair x but have it keybinded, majority of the time I have it off but when in a combat situation it goes on as the base game crosshair is absolutely wank

It does not provide any sort of advantage and is more of a QOL type thing, yes you could say that you can line up a shot before pulling out a gun but realistically it would only take 1 extra second to do it without crosshair x 

skill issue -1
A second can be a long time if someone else hit the first shot 😛

Personally I am not too fussed about the whole frag mentality, it's a game after all and if gangs just want to have their wars so be it, plenty of ways to RP on the server whilst avoiding that route if you don't like it. That being said having game modifications to gain an advantage over other players is something that I think is shit. There's numerous graphic enhancements that are banned because they 'could' do the same though they might not be used that way. I do believe that crosshair X & other game modifications that give players and advantage over one another should be included in c2.1 for this reason.

We shouldn't need to be forced to install frag software (and I will never install that garbage anyhow) to stand a remote chance against other players.

As for the point @Isakmade: Ofcourse there is other means to get crosshairs on your monitor but getting rid off Crosshair X atleast gets rid of the most common and easiest to use ones and will set an example for the future.

However logically as Isak mentioned it would be hard to enforce this kind of rule/guideline thus I don't think itll pass.

Fully agree with this suggestion huge +1, external crosshairs support frag mentality of which this server is not, if you focus on frags or have a frag heavy mentality, go somewhere else, I HATE seeing videos with External crosshairs in them, it shows a clear frag mentality in my opinion, but I am welcoming and respectful of others opinions, I feel as though external crosshairs are on the same wave length as cheats.

This is such a disappointing read. 

I agree that it would be extremely difficult to monitor and enforce but it saddens me to read all the -1 for the idea in general. 
Most of which coming from organised groups who have a responsibility to uphold a high level of role play. 

it sums up the mentality seen on this server time and time again. 

What is the purpose of and X in the middle of your screen? Is there any reasonable explanation over and above having an advantage in a gunfight?

I ask this as I have only come across the knowledge of these things existing in the last couple of months which explains a lot about most situations I’ve attended and thought “how on earth did that happen?”, until I’ve seen the medal clip which made me question what the big X was on people’s screens. 

What other purpose does the X have that I'm missing? 

This forum feed is showing a real divide on what people consider "serious RP" on RPUK.

Let's be honest it's an unfair advantage and the only reason you would have it on your screen 247 is that you come to the server for gun fights or you have serious win mentality. 

Unfortunately it can't be enforced and it's something we need to just accept. 

+1

-1 and +1 are not relevant as the thread does have a voting feature.

If those comments keep popping up you will be warned and restricted for spam.

I’d happily go either way, doesn’t really bother me if people use it. However I’m sure one of the devs did clarify recently that the only way to do check for this is to scan peoples hardware when they are joining, which is more intrusive than they are willing to be. 
That means that the only way you are really going to have concrete proof is if someone uploads their own POVs showing it, nobody will do that, so this would really just discourage people from reporting other rule breaks, reporting bugs etc… because they’d have to show footage. This is the lesser of 2 bad choices I guess, I’d rather people use crosshairs but report exploiting and combat logs and such. Rather than trying to hide their crosshair and let people continue playing breaking more serious rules. 

I would say add this as a rule, yes you cannot fully police it but then it will lower the amount of RPUK frag videos that get made because they don't want to be caught running the game like its competitive CSGO 

Would not stoop to cringe. 
I have a question, do your comments have any relevance right now ? You just seem to honestly try and make sly digs at the people that use it, if you are gonna put feedback on the thread you can do it without giving these comments.

Personal opinion on the whole matter is the same as Jack Johnson for me either way i don't really care much and regardless of which boat it goes to it won't change anything imo since people will either bypass and find another way such as monitor crosshairs or other things. 

how's a dot on a screen a unfair advantage? what you going to do next remove guns all togethers?

if you feel its that much of an unfair advantage go buy crosshair x and put a dot on your screen, then you will realise that its not the dot that makes someone good, if you are really fussed and blaming your outcome in a gun fight to the other party having a dot just seems a bit pathetic icl.

Anyone can counter this by just drawing a dot in the middle of their screen if they feel so disadvantaged by people using crosshair x. Also not everyone uses crosshair x just for the pre placement, Some people just prefer a differently shaped crosshair to the default gta ones and like it or not that comes with the pre placement feature. Along with this, enforcing this would be a nightmare with new crosshair programs being made undetectable. Also realistically your main use of crosshair x would be in a shootout, I wouldn’t exactly say there is huge amount of rp with bullets flying everywhere anyway? -1 

This would be so hard to actually monitor and know who has one and who doesn't. Crosshair X, Hudsight, built in monitor crosshairs there is way too many ways to have a crosshair and not enough ways to actually know or confirm. Also I notice you say for those who dont have these softwares they are at a disadvantage crosshair x is 3 pound, hudsight is a little more and a built in one is however much you wouod like to spend on your monitor, with that being said there is free alternatives if you so choose. So I agree to an extent with this.

But on the other hand if its not negatively effecting you or that person then why should it matter? I know we talk about serous rp and such but that's like banning people for using low graphics because it's not realistic to have bad visuals irl unless you've got a medical condition with your eyes. I personally don't tend to use a crosshair I think out of all the fights I've been a part of in my time on the server I've used it 3 times so this thread doesn't really effect me in anyway but I also don't see it being an issue when people do.

Banning someone for using a crosshair is a little far fetched but it's definitely a massive stretch to call it cheating by any means if you don't like them don't use them, if you're suspecting someone who had violently engaged with you is using one either use one yourself or don't it's not a crazy concept to either do something or choose not to. At the end of the day if its not impacting your RP I fail to see the issue 

Too many negatives to outweigh the good in this,

As stated a lot of monitors now have it built in,

FiveM has its own one you can enable,
You can literally put a dot of blue tack on your monitor at home and it will do the same thing, (definitely didn't do this as a poor teenager playing Rainbow Six Vegas)

Plus then the people who are using them won't end up reporting poor RP, Racism, or exploiting because of a crosshair affects the community a lot more than a crosshair, at the end fo the day the Crosshair isn't the problem everyone has it's the shite RP leading up to constant gunfights...

I have a question, do your comments have any relevance right now ? You just seem to honestly try and make sly digs at the people that use it, if you are gonna put feedback on the thread you can do it without giving these comments.

Personal opinion on the whole matter is the same as Jack Johnson for me either way i don't really care much and regardless of which boat it goes to it won't change anything imo since people will either bypass and find another way such as monitor crosshairs or other things. 
True I shouldn't be as Diggy as I am coming across but I cant deny I  have a dislike to those that use it (not personal dislike obviously)  because its normally seen paired with other tactics for fragging and I do feel like this brings harm to the server.

I apologise if my comments upset you or annoyed you bmav 

Back