What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Finishing Off Comrades

Alot of people (Including me) Think you guys are only doing it to get lower NLR timer, so you can get back into the fight 3 minutes quicker. Doing so is obviously wrong, and (i would say) Bending rules and abusing the new "bleeding out" system.

Ofcourse if it is purely for roleplay purpouses it is fair game. However, like so many people have said before me: In real life, you would absolutely never even think about killing one of your friends if they were bleeding out... You would be trying to save them and stop the bleeding instead of "putting someone out of their missery".
Sorry but if you get shot multiple times by high powered assault rifles you don't stand much chance of survival anyways.

How do UNMC combat medics distinguish between the wounded who will and won't survive? 

This UNMC soldier was shot in the chest with 30 6.5mm rounds, has loosing blood for over 10 minutes and isn't in much pain but I reckon we can save him

whereas this soldier who was shot with 2 9mm rounds is suffering so lets just shoot him in the face.

The argument of how bad wounds are doesn't really work on the server, people survive injuries that would be completely fatal due to the NHS so its not a very good argument. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Alot of people (Including me) Think you guys are only doing it to get lower NLR timer, so you can get back into the fight 3 minutes quicker. Doing so is obviously wrong, and (i would say) Bending rules and abusing the new "bleeding out" system.
I've gotta agree with this, maybe your intention is to not shorten NLR times however it does have that effect and 3 minute off NLR time can change a lot, especially during situations like bank ops. It's probably best to wait 3 minutes after there first down to avoid it looking like this.

However I've gotta say if it's not to avoid NLR and it's done in roleplay I don't see too much wrong with it.

@Scottish , I personally spoke to Blaze regarding this yesterday I possibly could have explained better xD, as Cyberdolt explained I personally would be fine with it as long as it's RPed to a good standard, however if you just running up to you friend, executing them so they can respawn and return a goodfight quicker is not okay in my eyes, do you get where I am coming from? 

@Scottish , I personally spoke to Blaze regarding this yesterday I possibly could have explained better xD, as Cyberdolt explained I personally would be fine with it as long as it's RPed to a good standard, however if you just running up to you friend, executing them so they can respawn and return a goodfight quicker is not okay in my eyes, do you get where I am coming from? 
Of course when i have to put my men down i always do it with a long speech :)

Hai. Vlad here. The mutterings of the staff chat were that people were not using this as a roleplay thing but as an excuse to get back into whichever gun fight was happening at the time. 

This is not on. 

I say we treat this like a combat revive and not allow executions unless the combat is over then you can roleplay the shit out of executing your mates.

Thoughts?

I personally think classing it as a combat revive would be unnecessary, imo. If you are executing a mate to allow them to return to a gunfight faster it would be considered exploiting, as NLR only starts after you die, are not downed. 

Haha I would say keeping on topic that a good course of action to take would be to add a rule stating that you can only execute or "put out of misery" your team mate after combat is over and treat it like attempting to exploit, or simply add a line of code that extends invulnerability to pistols for 3 mins after downed as by then they already have the option to revive

@DI Raigon I don't even know why that's here but any more of the inflammatory rhetoric and you can say bye bye to the forums for a month. I've hidden it. Play nice. 

Well I do not know how you can put a rule on UNMC regarding killing downed soldiers for faster respawn when UNMC cannot be expected to follow it with a previous history past month.    

Well I do not know how you can put a rule on UNMC regarding killing downed soldiers for faster respawn when UNMC cannot be expected to follow it with a previous history past month.    
Im sorry did I mention UNMC here? This rule will be for everyone Im afraid. I have also heard of police doing it. 

Remember, you're the ones coming up "hands up or taze" so don't start it ;)

Last night was the first time id heard about this after a chat with robbie , and i was quite happy to tell my guys that the executing of fellow soldiers was not allowed.

However ever since the downed script was used we have always had the rule in place that if it is safe to do so and is roleplayed to a high standard then putting a seriously wounder soldier out of his misery is perfectly fine

Any unmc found abusing the system to return to gun fights quicker would be punished not only by unmc command but by staff aswell

Also the need for unmc soldiers to return to a gunfight after they have died is very rare as the fight is normaly finished long before there nlr timer has finished

I have asked the developer concerned with the NLR code to have a look at this. By rights, it should be perfectly possible to ensure that a 'mercy killing' still results in the NLR timer being triggered at respawn time, and I am sure this is an oversight. If that is put right, this should become a non-issue immediately. Watch this space (or rather, the dev changelog).

it should be perfectly possible to ensure that a 'mercy killing' still results in the NLR timer being triggered at respawn time,
The NLR timer kicks in after you respawn regardless if you get mery killed or wait 3 mins. 

Also the mery killing happens usually when there is no NHS on and we are downed all the way in our lands with no hospital close in time. @Fanto Rangen

The NLR timer kicks in after you respawn regardless if you get mery killed or wait 3 mins. 

Also the mery killing happens usually when there is no NHS on and we are downed all the way in our lands with no hospital close in time. @Fanto Rangen
I'm being told differently - that the NLR timer does NOT appear after execution/mercy-killing... I guess the truth will come out when we investigate it further.

As to the *reasons* for a mercy-killing, fair enough - not really the issue. We accept that it's legit... but there should still *always* be an NLR timeout after a 'death'. Regardless of circumstances preceding. If there isn't, then we have a problem that needs fixing in dev. If there is, and people are ignoring it, then we have a play problem that admins will fix with warnings and bans...

Fucking @Scott1sh lad always causing drama XD, I don't see any problem with it as long as it's done in RP. I would love to finish some of TCK of ;)

Then the UNMC need a hospital in there lands or some what close to there lands, i can just picture blaze slapping those blue rubber gloves on going to work on his men.

Let me run through a few things regarding this issue - First though, a disclaimer: I took no part in the so-called arbitrary rule applied to the UNMC, so this is coming from this post, as well as knowledge on what people have been doing in game (please note people, not UNMC as this isn't only about them)

In roleplay situations, the mercy killings turn out well sometimes, the person has good RP with the downed person(s), then executes them, which is a good thing, as (hopefully quality) RP has taken place. The main problem comes from people just shooting their teammate for the sake of shaving off the three minute respawn timer, which isn't so good.

The 3 minute timer is there for a reason - It adds some time before you can respawn, stopping people from immediately removing themselves from a situation for a small while, so that there is a chance for RP to take place.

In my opinion, a simple clause added to the RDM rule would suffice in fixing this situation - you need to re-initiate with someone after they have been downed, and RP with them before killing them. This prevents adding a whole new rule, prevents us blocking mercy-killings overall, yet removes the non-roleplay executions.

Back