What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Gang colours

haha please stop now. youre ruining a really good conversation. 
Really isn't, the whole comment you said just makes me think you are just talking out of spite and not actually thinking about what the other side thinks maybe you should give gang life a go and see it for yourself before these comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
no im just being polite. his first post unfortunately missed the point i was making. after that the tone started to get a bit abusive so i continued to be polite. it came across very selfish and not seeing the bigger picture, so at risk of being condescending i stayed polite. no im not talking out of spite. im not jealous in the slightest. personally i dont have the time to commit to a gang in their current iteration as im not here nightly and the majority of the experiences ive had with the gangs have been positive but i dont stick around long enough to form the long lasting relationships that makes becoming part of a gang that much more successful. but if you wish to understand my motivations for making the thread you only have to ask, i have no issue with explaining my motivations or comments. ive been in big gangs plenty of times, i ran one for 6 months or so during lockdown in 2020 cos i hated being caged up in my house (this was just before the turf gangs were introduced which if memory serves was around september 2020 - i went back to work then). 

my motivation here is simply to have the people who are in the white listed gangs give something back to the server, you get given a whole load of stuff that others dont get but not representing the server/city just makes it look like you want all the benefits but dont want to put the effort in. 

The poster above you epitomised that mindset and in my opinion failed to grasp the larger picture, which is what garnered my response..... the "absolute shit" - i stand by it however as i think this is something larger than the individual, its about representing the community as a whole. i am perhaps more altruistic than some of you are but thats the person i am, not the character i play. i guess your mate just didnt understand that, maybe you can talk some sense into him.  

just for the record and in the spirit of full disclosure, im already a part of the best white listed "gang" in the city. 

You guys would know it as the Judiciary. 

Mate, imagine this. You rob a shop in gang colors and then fail to stop for the police. They know who you are. They know what gang you are a member of and the reg plate of the vehicle that you were driving. This vehicle is then pulled out of a car park, scrapped, and then you get a warrant for the shop robbery. That is just not fun. I'm not losing cars that I've bought when it can be avoided.

it would be the equivalent of the police officer (uniformed) saying hey i dont fancy wearing my uniform today im gonna go arrest some people in my civvies cos i can..... can you imagine the shit show that would ensue? Police are held to a high standard of RP, gangs should be held to the same standards. Youre doing your part for your community, not just for yourself. 
So me being in a specific coloured outfit = High RP Standard for you?

With you being a member of the Judiciar,  you should be fully aware of how much power a "simple" cop holds on the server.

Even now with how police are basicly "immune" to being robbed, we have solo officers most not even gun trained rocking up on turfs trying to arrest people.

With you being a member of the Judiciar,  you should be fully aware of how much power a "simple" cop holds on the server.

Even now with how police are basicly "immune" to being robbed, we have solo officers most not even gun trained rocking up on turfs trying to arrest people.

I agree with this, Police value their life even less now that you can't rob them. Or at least it's very very hard to. I had one the other day held up and he said "hope ur enjoy the broken equipment". like really?

Police have got a lot of power to do things, which i have no issue with, but whether someone wears a gang color or not should be 100% up to them.

no a brain is what gives good rp, the uniform helps  to identify someone who might have more of a brain than the average player thats all. 

It sounds to me from reading this thread that perhaps a review of police powers for search and seizure needs to be reviewed to encourage gang members to wear colours more actively?

had one the other day held up and he said "hope ur enjoy the broken equipment". like really?
Please please please even OOC bring this stuff to police commands attention so we can actually do something about the attitude of officers. If we don’t know anything we can’t change it 

hasnt this got a bit off track?

The guy was saying he didnt notice people in colours when he visited turfs while giving his friend a tour, not while out doing naughty stuff.

Ballas are always in colour on turf, maybe when this guy had a tour, gangs were just out busy with things, I see gangs in colour on thier own turfs all the time.

It's opened up a discussion which was needed though. Whitelisted gangs are representing the server. They are front and centre the advertising for everyone else and have had dev time committed to enhancing their rp potential, so it is right to ask them what are they giving back. Despite a few salty responses (relevant all the same) it does need bringing up so that people can see it and think about it even if they don't reply. 

You can't bomb an idea after all. 

Mate, imagine this. You rob a shop in gang colors and then fail to stop for the police. They know who you are. They know what gang you are a member of and the reg plate of the vehicle that you were driving. This vehicle is then pulled out of a car park, scrapped, and then you get a warrant for the shop robbery. That is just not fun. I'm not losing cars that I've bought when it can be avoided.
    Hi Mate

Just wanna comment on this. From a police perspective we have to meet very strict conditions before we are able to consider scrapping cars. Based on what you have said they have not been met from robbing just one shop.These are set out by the courts, the process requires approval from 3 members of police command and a court judge before we can start pulling stuff out. The amount of time we spend gathering intel and writing up paperwork is insane.It takes a good 30 - 60 mins of admin to get everything in order. and there is still a chance the court will decline it. same applies to bans on driving licences. if 1 report relating to that ban request is even slightly wrong the court just reject it. and rightly so. we have to prove where every single point comes from and that it was fair to issue the points out.

Also can you see from the police's side how sometimes there is no other choice. People prefer prison over points / fines which is TOTALLY wrong. if you commit a road traffic offence you should get points against you for it. When some people literally run away from the police daily and start high speed purists which we cannot carry on as your car is too quick or its way too dangerous we have no really no other choice but to start removing cars from people. If you are banned from driving and get caught driving 6 times like someone I know and get fined each time and just don't pay it, what can the police really do? "Please pay your fines?" "lol no get off my turf before you die" or when you rack up large amounts and just refuse to pay. one guy had fines going back a year. couldn't care until his car was pending scrap. Now he is desperate to pay them off. People's inaction / selective ignorance towards traffic offences and fines means robust and forcefull action is the only way to get through to people.

My final point on this is the Road Crime Team that handles all this stuff literally does not care about what gang you are in. YOU commit traffic offences/crimes whether you represent a gang or not is completely irrelevant.

I'm not sure if the document that outlines the policy we follow is protectively marked so if you want to find out the number of hoops and level of detail we need to meet before we can take action ask a solicitor in RP to explain it to you. (if they are allowed to)

Last edited:
    Hi Mate

Just wanna comment on this. From a police perspective we have to meet very strict conditions before we are able to consider scrapping cars. Based on what you have said they have not been met from robbing just one shop.These are set out by the courts, the process requires approval from 3 members of police command and a court judge before we can start pulling stuff out. The amount of time we spend gathering intel and writing up paperwork is insane.It takes a good 30 - 60 mins of admin to get everything in order. and there is still a chance the court will decline it. same applies to bans on driving licences. if 1 report relating to that ban request is even slightly wrong the court just reject it. and rightly so. we have to prove where every single point comes from and that it was fair to issue the points out.

Also can you see from the police's side how sometimes there is no other choice. People prefer prison over points / fines which is TOTALLY wrong. if you commit a road traffic offence you should get points against you for it. When some people literally run away from the police daily and start high speed purists which we cannot carry on as your car is too quick or its way too dangerous we have no really no other choice but to start removing cars from people. If you are banned from driving and get caught driving 6 times like someone I know and get fined each time and just don't pay it, what can the police really do? "Please pay your fines?" "lol no get off my turf before you die" or when you rack up large amounts and just refuse to pay. one guy had fines going back a year. couldn't care until his car was pending scrap. Now he is desperate to pay them off. People's inaction / selective ignorance towards traffic offences and fines means robust and forcefull action is the only way to get through to people.

My final point on this is the Road Crime Team that handles all this stuff literally does not care about what gang you are in. YOU commit traffic offences/crimes whether you represent a gang or not is completely irrelevant.

I'm not sure if the document that outlines the policy we follow is protectively marked so if you want to find out the number of hoops and level of detail we need to meet before we can take action ask a solicitor in RP to explain it to you. (if they are allowed to)
At the end of the day there has to be some realism to the server, I get that. I have a cop character as well as a gang member and from a gang member's perspective/criminal's perspective it's just not fun. You come on the server to have fun with the people you're interacting with. I know for a fact that for 1x Dangerous driving offence along with 1x Failure to stop for police the maximum amount of points is 20. This means after one chase with police you're no longer allowed to buy a car, no longer allowed to drive anywhere. It's as if you're just not able to play a criminal at all. For people like myself that have been on the server for over a year we see things a lot differently. People graft for cars, not just given everything. From what I've seen, over the past 2 weeks there's been over 15 scraps from gang members so I've been told. So we're lead to believe if we do ANYTHING in the slightest against the law we have all the fun taken away.

Surely it is fun for police to get in chases with criminals? Surely it's fun to have hostage RP so why punish all these things? There is prison time and FPNs for a reason and people are too quick to say "Oh yeah. Scrap it."

PJ Shinoda-Adams said:
Why instead of scrapping vehicles are police not made to take people to court and ACTUALLY RP like us civilians are made to? It would give lawyers a lot more to do as well as become more active, then the judges decide through a court proceeding what cars are going to be taken IF the tickets aren't paid. In the real world, people's cars aren't just taken and scrapped if tickets are overdue. There's a court proceeding to determine the outcome of what should happen.

The Judiciary has the final say on the scrappage of assets. It isnt taken lightly. A LOT of effort goes into car scrapping cases and a LOT are rejected out of hand. 

Also if you want to have a car and drive like a twat and have fun and not pay any fines you can still do this...... maybe think about STEALING the car first..... Theres plenty of car thief RP out there. I know a couple of brilliant ones. If youre stupid enough to be a twat in your own car and dumb enough to get caught then you absolutely deserve to get your car scrapped when using a small amount of planning/forethought and some sense can easily avoid these issues. 

Alternatively, just pay your fines. Be good for .... a month? and then appeal to get your license back. The appeal process is simple, effective and easy to follow and generally you get your license back more often than not as the punishment is built into the process. 

We in the judiciary are elected for our ability to see things from multiple points of view, not just that of the individual but what is also good for the server as a whole and FUN is the bottom line. Fun for you is not always fun for someone else so there is a fine line here, because guess what kids.... thats life. 

W

People go out of colours to protect the gang. If you are seen committing crimes in your gang colours you run the risk of getting your whole gang fucked with. It is simply better to be full black and masked up than be caught wearing identifiable clothing. The police raid your house, raid all your vehicles, scrap your cars, stop & search anyone wearing the same clothing. If you wear gang clothing and commit any crimes, you put a target not just on your back but your gang's backs too.

I've been on both sides of this. I've heard officers state in pursuits that the car is getting scrapped before the pursuit has even ended. Like it's their personal vendetta just to fuck over this person. I don't understand it. I've seen cars impounded for a failure to stop and just because they caused an annoyance the car has been impounded for 100k. The police/gang meta is toxic and there's bad on both sides. Except an angry police man can do way more damage than an angry gang member.

In my opinion scrapping cars is unnecessary and quite often turn toxic. Stop and searches can become personal and grievances turn into long term vendettas. Some gangs deserve crackdowns and some people deserve harsher punishments, but I don't believe people deserve property to be taken from them unless they have broken specific server rules. It's not fun and it's not fair. Criminality is part of the server and the consequences for that should be custodial sentences, whether that be in the form of extended sentences or life imprisonment.

We in the judiciary are elected for our ability to see things from multiple points of view, not just that of the individual but what is also good for the server as a whole and FUN is the bottom line. Fun for you is not always fun for someone else so there is a fine line here, because guess what kids.... thats life. 
This is the problem some don't see it as that and play it as an individual. And play the game of lets ruin this guy's experience completely.

Also if you want to have a car and drive like a twat and have fun and not pay any fines you can still do this...... maybe think about STEALING the car first..... Theres plenty of car thief RP out there. I know a couple of brilliant ones. If youre stupid enough to be a twat in your own car and dumb enough to get caught then you absolutely deserve to get your car scrapped when using a small amount of planning/forethought and some sense can easily avoid these issues. 
Just having your car ANPRed for Speeding is enough to have it scraped these days.

As for the don't do crime and you don't take repercussions kinda of argument i am just gonna say would you like to play police if there was no crime and you would have nothing to do?

Exactly you wouldn't either you want it or not gangs and police give each other RP if one can't RP how they are supposed to RP (like criminals for example) than how you suppose they would go about doing gang stuff or even calling themselves a gang and how would police be playing the server if there was no one to arrest or chase.

Alternatively, just pay your fines. Be good for .... a month? and then appeal to get your license back. The appeal process is simple, effective and easy to follow and generally you get your license back more often than not as the punishment is built into the process. 
As for appealing your license back i have heard (from someone i know that has 1 banned)  that it's really complicated and usually 1 month isn't enough to appeal it.

I've been on both sides of this. I've heard officers state in pursuits that the car is getting scrapped before the pursuit has even ended. Like it's their personal vendetta just to fuck over this person. I don't understand it. I've seen cars impounded for a failure to stop and just because they caused an annoyance the car has been impounded for 100k. The police/gang meta is toxic and there's bad on both sides. Except an angry police man can do way more damage than an angry gang member.
This is so true, I agree there is always bad apples on both sides and that probably won't change but like it was said in this comment an angry gang member the max he can (could do in the past i guess) was get your gear and dump you and be done with it and take like 1 hour of your time, while an angry police officer can just impound your car for like 100k / Scrap it / 720 months in prison there is a lot of things that could be mentioned.

Sometimes it does look like some personal vendetta when the higher sentences get mentioned just because you don't like the guy and not so much of what he actually did in game.

Just the other day one my mates got chased by cops for speeding after they stopped him they threatened to scrap the car, this happens wayyyyyy to often.

This is the problem some don't see it as that and play it as an individual. And play the game of lets ruin this guy's experience completely.

Just having your car ANPRed for Speeding is enough to have it scraped these days.

As for the don't do crime and you don't take repercussions kinda of argument i am just gonna say would you like to play police if there was no crime and you would have nothing to do?

Exactly you wouldn't either you want it or not gangs and police give each other RP if one can't RP how they are supposed to RP (like criminals for example) than how you suppose they would go about doing gang stuff or even calling themselves a gang and how would police be playing the server if there was no one to arrest or chase.

As for appealing your license back i have heard (from someone i know that has 1 banned)  that it's really complicated and usually 1 month isn't enough to appeal it.

This is so true, I agree there is always bad apples on both sides and that probably won't change but like it was said in this comment an angry gang member the max he can (could do in the past i guess) was get your gear and dump you and be done with it and take like 1 hour of your time, while an angry police officer can just impound your car for like 100k / Scrap it / 720 months in prison there is a lot of things that could be mentioned.

Sometimes it does look like some personal vendetta when the higher sentences get mentioned just because you don't like the guy and not so much of what he actually did in game.

Just the other day one my mates got chased by cops for speeding after they stopped him they threatened to scrap the car, this happens wayyyyyy to often.

So there are only 6 or so officers in the Road Crime team who handle this, I think the numbers you are referring to are massively inflated. To my knowledge its only 9 cars since the new year. 100K impound is part of the court process for scrapping. All cases of scrapping are tracked and intelligence lead. We get told about people that are causing trouble and we look into it. It's not normally the officer that catches you.

Speeding is NOT enough to get your car scrapped. You have to commit serious offences on multiple occasions and all the evidence must be in the report or the requests get rejected.

As previously stated it always comes down the court ruling for the scrap requests. They are impartial and more often than not reject requests we submit.

At the end of the day there has to be some realism to the server, I get that. I have a cop character as well as a gang member and from a gang member's perspective/criminal's perspective it's just not fun. You come on the server to have fun with the people you're interacting with. I know for a fact that for 1x Dangerous driving offence along with 1x Failure to stop for police the maximum amount of points is 20. This means after one chase with police you're no longer allowed to buy a car, no longer allowed to drive anywhere. It's as if you're just not able to play a criminal at all. For people like myself that have been on the server for over a year we see things a lot differently. People graft for cars, not just given everything. From what I've seen, over the past 2 weeks there's been over 15 scraps from gang members so I've been told. So we're lead to believe if we do ANYTHING in the slightest against the law we have all the fun taken away.

Surely it is fun for police to get in chases with criminals? Surely it's fun to have hostage RP so why punish all these things? There is prison time and FPNs for a reason and people are too quick to say "Oh yeah. Scrap it."

Why instead of scrapping vehicles are police not made to take people to court and ACTUALLY RP like us civilians are made to? It would give lawyers a lot more to do as well as become more active, then the judges decide through a court proceeding what cars are going to be taken IF the tickets aren't paid. In the real world, people's cars aren't just taken and scrapped if tickets are overdue. There's a court proceeding to determine the outcome of what should happen.
But then in the real world if you are caught delaing drugs the police don't need a warrant to kick your door in and search for more. doing over 100 MPH is an instant ban, a gang war style shoot out like there has been for the past few weeks would result in every single house getting raided. as examples. there has to be a balance between police powers like there has to be with gangs. The Government always have power and control over everyone. They should be people running the city. using the police as instruments to enforce. There needs to be a fine balance of how that power is used in RP otherwise i agree it starts to impact on how fun it is for the people.

Back