What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Gang colours

So i was showing a friend around the city the other day as hes never RP'ed before but had heard about it and id talked quite extensively about it, explaining the gang stuff and all of that. As i was doing my best recruitment pitch he said something that struck me as odd. He asked where all the gang members are. it suddenly dawned on me that there seem to be barely any gang members visible now. We went to a few of the different hoods - I am not going to name names because this isnt a troll thread - and there were very few actually wearing any kind of colours. 

Honestly this was massively disappointing. The gangs are one of the things that make this server great, i remember the time before gangs came along and it was a good time but it got so much better with the addition of the turfs and the turf wars and stuff. it made the game more vibrant and colourful and ultimately gave us much better RP. I never bothered to join any of the gangs because i was busy doing my own thing but it was always nice seeing a load of purple fly past or a load of yellow off on another turf war, but you rarely see it now. What changed guys? 

I understand youre a target for the police when you wear your colours but come on now.... you have all the benefits of a gang, exclusive parking spaces, access to work benches, gang safes and a bunch of other stuff I am sure im not privy to but what are you doing to help grow the community and the server? If youre not wearing your colours then why are you in the gang? I remember one of the rules of being in the white listed gangs originally was you had to be in your colours when you were doing gang stuff - this helped others to see who you were and help the server by providing some "villains" for the new players to see and interact with. Its sad that that has gone. It was a unique selling point for the server and its disappointing that its gone away. 

Dont get me wrong I have seen a couple of the gangs being represented still - I wont shout out who for fear of favouritism and bias but you know who you are and thank you for doing it - but the rest of you seriously need to think about the community a little more. The Lost MC wear their cuts, the Police wear their uniform, so do the NHS, plenty of the gangs have their cars all one colour but come on - wear those uniforms too please! be proud of what you have and what you represent. Theres a veritable bucket load of new clothing now - if you need something in your "colour" then put it in the suggestion forum - i am pretty certain that it will be quite easy to get new variations/colours of clothing fairly easily. 

So gang leaders I implore you to set some standards for your gangs, the standards you set are the standards you get. dust off those colours now eh and represent! 

The server needs the gangs easily as much as it needs new police members and new NHS and the rest. 

Wear your colours with pride please!  😄

thank you. 

W
not all gangs some are family's dont get it wrong again 😜

Tbh most times I drive past gang turfs I always see that gang representing their colours. Maybe when you were giving your mate a tour of the city all the gangs were just doing other things away from their turfs. Your not gonna have ppl sitting on their turf 24/7. You always see gangs out and about in their colours wether that be in the mines or smeltery, on their turf or just driving about. 

When it comes to committing crime such as a shop robbery of course ppl will most likely be out of colours. What’s the point in baiting yourself out like that and giving the police an easy investigation? When it comes to wars gangs have to be in their colours. When people sell drugs they are most likely out of colours. Why would i want police to see me in full vagos colours selling drugs. This would just lead to a possible raid which is not what any gang wants.

just need to realise gangs are in their colours a lot of the time and you most likely got unlucky. 

I don’t understand why you want criminals to act stupid just to make it easier for the police. You can’t expect all of this from gangs if police aren’t going to act how you are describing. 
for example, I was shot on my turf in colours. I laid there for around 10 minutes until I was found. I was being driven to hospital when I was noticed by police injured in a car. We were pulled over and I was hand cuffed and searched because there were shots fired at Vagos and I’m clearly a Vagos member. So for reppin my turf and getting shot I got searched lost what I had on me and got arrested. There was no evidence or proof I was involved I was simply connected to shots fired by the colour I was wearing. If I’m not in my colours that doesn’t happen and the 5 hours I spent grinding for what I had doesn’t go to waste. Another example, if a gang is shooting at another gang and using Vagos as an example, the vehicle is yellow. If there are shots and vagos are seen leaving the area any yellow vehicle left behind at the scene is getting scrapped if only 1 person out of 5 survives and let’s say a rumpo was left at the scene, the driver has automatically lost his gun (acceptable) and over 1 million worth of vehicle for the sake of 1 shootout. Police push harder than ever now to scrap any vehicle involved in crime at the same time money making is been made harder and harder. 
day to day I think every gang reps colours but you have to also remember just because a turf is empty doesn’t mean they are doing something else. Gangs could be off having meetings and doing deals, mining/smelting or money making somewhere else. A lot of gangs do spend a bit of time just chilling around turf but you can only do it so much when you could spend that time being more productive or off visiting other people and chatting. 

It seems like we are getting to the root cause of why you don't wear colours now. So thank you for that contribution. 

Does this mean that police powers need to be reigned in? Its not hard to make money in this game I don't believe that at all sorry. But the rest of the points are valid. Outside of a gun what else do you have on you that's valuable? A knife? 

Probably less than £10k worth of stuff for most people id hazard a guess at. 

If police stop you then they should be allowed to question you yes and find out what has happened to you. Thats normal in colours or out of them but they're moving this on to a search based on your answer then there clearly needs to be sle regulation on that. Is this what is putting you off? 

If gangs don't wear their colours then what is the point of white listed gangs? Do you see my point? All of that dev time has gone to waste because you're not using the assets you were provided with and that's honestly a shame. 

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but more a food for thought statement:

If you don't like the consequences of being in a recognisable street gang then perhaps you shouldn't be in one. 

There's an old saying, something about having your cake and eating it. 

When the gangs were first introduced they were strictly told if you're on turf you're in your colours and you play the rp as it plays out. Sometimes this means you get questioned and detained and searched by police as yes this happens irl. This is rp. It may not be what you want to do at that moment but that's the way it goes sometimes. 

I do wonder if its a good thing to bring that back? I'd absolutely be ok with it if it gave better rp. 

When the gangs were first introduced they were strictly told if you're on turf you're in your colours and you play the rp as it plays out. Sometimes this means you get questioned and detained and searched by police as yes this happens irl. This is rp. It may not be what you want to do at that moment but that's the way it goes sometimes.
I dont remember this ever being a rule? I've been on the server from before the gangs were even introduced and never heard of this.

In regards to being in a gang, we take measures to not get raided, to be smarter when doing crime because guess what? Police don't always RP to the best of their ability. Same as gangs. Nobody's perfect and the game's not perfect and we need to all realise we're here to play RP on a game as a character and not ourselves. Nothing to do with "having your cake and eating it".

Gang's don't wanna do something then they won't? Wearing colours doesn't help the RP but helps police and other people identify us so idk why this is even brought up

It seems like we are getting to the root cause of why you don't wear colours now. So thank you for that contribution. 

Does this mean that police powers need to be reigned in? Its not hard to make money in this game I don't believe that at all sorry. But the rest of the points are valid. Outside of a gun what else do you have on you that's valuable? A knife? 

Probably less than £10k worth of stuff for most people id hazard a guess at. 

If police stop you then they should be allowed to question you yes and find out what has happened to you. Thats normal in colours or out of them but they're moving this on to a search based on your answer then there clearly needs to be sle regulation on that. Is this what is putting you off? 

If gangs don't wear their colours then what is the point of white listed gangs? Do you see my point? All of that dev time has gone to waste because you're not using the assets you were provided with and that's honestly a shame. 

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but more a food for thought statement:

If you don't like the consequences of being in a recognisable street gang then perhaps you shouldn't be in one. 

There's an old saying, something about having your cake and eating it. 

I do wonder if its a good thing to bring that back? I'd absolutely be ok with it if it gave better rp. 
It depends what you consider decent money. For example an uzi and enough ammo will run you Atleast 500k, that’s not pocket change and to lose that over something stupid like being identifiable is painful. Imo the police do need to reign in the constant searching because a lot of the time the grounds aren’t realistic it’s just game knowledge of gangs etc and knowing what we are usually up to. 
I’m always in colours on my turf, it’s when I’m off it and doing other things I’m probably not and just blending in. 

So me being in a specific coloured outfit = High RP Standard for you?

With you being a member of the Judiciar,  you should be fully aware of how much power a "simple" cop holds on the server.

Even now with how police are basicly "immune" to being robbed, we have solo officers most not even gun trained rocking up on turfs trying to arrest people.

cops solo crewing with no back up into a turf is a dumb idea and to be honest deserves to be robbed if they do something which i consider to be a high risk area basically making yourself vulnerable and really is getting your self hooked on value to life rule where if one or two more guys jump you then the hole turf what can you do your just one cop against a hole gang in the turf

So you are expecting for gangs to just pull down their pants and let police go up their asses 24/7. 

Well if that's the suggestion i don't think anyone will be in a gang mate.

I honestly don't think people should be punished for deciding what to do with their character, like jason barnes said right now the cheapest weapon for you to get is a standard and that with enough ammo it will cost you around 250k at the very least, for your information selling drugs right now is the most profitable way to earn money in the server and for you to be able to buy a standard you need to be selling for at least 3-4 hours (considering there might be some inconveniences obviously).

And no don't come with the why don't you just do taxi it's safe and police won't be arresting you for doing it. Well i don't think it makes sense for gang member to be doing taxing to earn money doesn't really make sense if you ask me.

The fact of us doing every crime in colors just makes for us getting raided even more times than we already are.

Like i said in my previous comments i don't think gang life should be more complicated than what it is at the moment, if you watch the "Roadmap/Not really a roadmap" thread you can see that even the development team has acknowledged that we hit the extreme opposite in terms of how much it costs to get a gun these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody said commit crimes in your colours. If you've got issues with the supply of guns then make a thread and discuss a better solution. I merely supplied some food for thought. If you disagree with it that's absolutely fine but people are making arguments without really thinking them through. 

If you walk around with an uzi in your pocket and lose it that's on you. Be smart about what you're doing but also think about the level of rp you're contributing to the server and community and not just about yourself is what I'm saying. 

All of the arguments against my suggestions have been focused on what you lose as an individual. It makes me think sometimes people have missed the bigger picture is all. 

If you have issue with other aspects of the game then come up with ideas to fix them rather than using them as ammunition to shoot down someone elses thought. 

Does this make more sense?  

Back