What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

gang hopping

Furphy

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
gang hopping i believe this is a really big issue in the server atm there is no RP with people joining gang x and warring gang y for one week later to join gang y i believe there should be some sort of cool down process after leaving a gang 

i think your character should be killed off if you join a "whitelisted" gang and then leave, dont think there should be any cool down they should just be killed.

Hard to keep of whos who, got a person saved as "X Gang" and next week I have to change it to "Y Gang" Most of the time doesn't even make sense in RP, one day you are a gangster, then suddenly you are a Biker or something.

+1

+1 I don't know if i agree with Perma killing the character but defenitly there should be a cooldown before joining another whitelisted F6 something like 1 month tbh.

I definitely think there is a line, I get moving with an RP story but to keep jumping as some people do is insane. So hard to keep track.

+1

i think your character should be killed off if you join a "whitelisted" gang and then leave, dont think there should be any cool down they should just be killed.
I agree with the Joining one other gang instantly shouldn't be a thing  but killing of some Character off once leaving gangs would be a bit much for some people, but i do feel the RP Story needs to be built up for people trying to join one other gang can't be as easy as just chill and get to know the gang for 2-4 weeks then join.

I absolutely despised gang hopping. It makes absolutely NO sense to gang hop. You would always have to watch your back and be known as a snitch or an unloyal person. NO ONE WANTS UNLOYAL PEOPLE IN THEIR GANG! That's also another reason why I'm a fan of killing people that leave your gang especially if it's to join a rival gang. Unless you go into witness protection you would never be safe to run the streets again. Not to mention people allowing people who have fucked over their previous gang to join is just madness. That alone should prove to you that the person that's tying to join would already not be a trust worthy person and should be turned away no matter how good of a shot they are. I'm all for perma killing characters that think it's ok to be in every gang in the city. 

Last edited by a moderator:
don't see why you should perm your character because of leaving a gang(unless that's what you want)

give it a long cooldown, would say atleast 2 months of not being in a gang before you're able to join any of the other whitelisted gangs

i get the whole perm your character thing, but not everyone wants to perm a character they've played on for the last year because someone just wanted them out a gang for "no reason"

+1, makes sense in roleplay. If you are in that life it only makes sense for you to die if you betray your family/gang. Obviously that would mean for you to be killed off in RP first given high quality rp is provided when you are being killed.

Why would another gang let you leave and take all your secrets to what should be a competitor, 

it's one of the reasons I just killed off DJ didn't make sense for him to leave the firm with all his secrets and then go join another group.

I'm pretty sure some people just try and join gangs like it's collecting Pokémon gym badges at this rate 😂 anyone completed them all yet?

What we as Padrinos got in place  is once you reach the Assocaite rank which comes after only 1 rank in the family you have to sign a contract OOC where when leaving the family we as Family get to decide if to kill your character permanently or let it go and continue his story in the city , this way we control information getting out and only have people who achaully care about the family then just coming in for their benefits.

Please lets all keep in mind is a game we can't just force anyone in the gang or any rank to have this like hang around etc should be still around but not officially part of the gang  and they shouldn't know anything about what the business is or what you as gang/ family do etc.

The Perma Kill only should be applied to certain ranks and not everyone at the same time only those ranks should know the secrets and have access to all in gangs.

One last thing is an RP based community so everyone RP's different and thinks different so if someone doesn't want to put that rule on they should have the option to do so as well so it doesn't become like a punishment or a power that people can abuse to get personal vendettas due to the fact a lot of people have put in a lot of time on their characters. 

Joining a gang/ family is a life style you choose is the way I  see it.

Regards,

Hamza

(G5.2) Believable Character Roles - If you wish to roleplay as a lawyer, it may not be realistic that you will repair your car at the roadside, or shoot and kill a man for scratching your vehicle. Pick a style that suits your character's backstory and role and stick to it. You have multiple character slots for a reason!

Excessive 'gang hopping' can be seen as a breach of the rule above, as per the highlighted part of the rule description. 
- It makes no sense for a character to join and leave several *OCG's within a short period of time, or without a role play story developing your character to make that decision - specially considering the hostilities between most of the groups out there. 

*OCG = Organised Crime Group

+1 on this mate, doesn't make sense how u can be at war with a gang and then end up joining that said gang, never has made sense

+1 its pretty cringe and it basically turns the server into a social meet up place rather than realistic gang RP. I don't see an issue with joining another gang down the line if there is RP behind it but hopping back and forth with no roleplay makes no sense.

This suggestions comes at a bit of a surprise to me. If your so against gang hopping and some of your members think if you leave a f6 gang your character should be killed off, why turn around and recruit these ‘gang hoppers’ and go against your suggestion? There’s no point suggesting something, having a true belief and then not sticking to it. However I’m sure your new hangabouts haven’t been hopping about 😉
To me 'gang hopping' is going gang to gang onto their F6, representing their colours and helping in wars. Not the same thing in my opinion if people are 'hanging around' and taken the time to decide things but each to their own. 

Back