What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

gang hopping

Furphy

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
gang hopping i believe this is a really big issue in the server atm there is no RP with people joining gang x and warring gang y for one week later to join gang y i believe there should be some sort of cool down process after leaving a gang 

This suggestions comes at a bit of a surprise to me. If your so against gang hopping and some of your members think if you leave a f6 gang your character should be killed off, why turn around and recruit these ‘gang hoppers’ and go against your suggestion? There’s no point suggesting something, having a true belief and then not sticking to it. However I’m sure your new hangabouts haven’t been hopping about 😉
I think it's a bit hypocritical don't you?

All gangs have had "gang hoppers" in their gang hence why they're called gang hoppers.

Sometimes you need to hop to find a gang you like, where you feel comfortable to roleplay and communicate.

In Ballas I've been the happiest with roleplaying my character and exploring different avenues, a gang leader that wants to see my character push his limit and go do what he wants to do to be successful, higher ups that push for more.

If I had killed my character off when I left Hustlers then I wouldn't of experienced this good roleplay.

In Ballas we roleplay to the best of our ability with hangabouts, we do not let just anyone into our gang F6, we don't need 100% shooters, we don't need 100% grafters, we want roleplay and if someone isn't up to a roleplay standard we do not let them in.

There has been countless of times where people have been killed while hanging about because of their reputation of being a snitch or hopped with bad intent or aren't up to roleplay standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its refreshing to see you both are keeping up to date with the ongoing of the community while being banned but the thread was made to hopefully get some sort of rule put in place to stop it happening the main purpose of this is to highlight the whitelisted groups or the F6 gangs some people have been in more than six whitelisted gangs with little to no RP

Fella I’m not arsed that ballas pushes ‘your character to the limits’ 😂😂and never have I once said in this thread that I am against gang hoppers therefore nothing I have said is hypocritical.

if you read what I said i was talking about you lot saying no to gang hoppers but then recruiting ppl that have left and joined gangs multiple times. To me that is very hypocritical.

i don’t care if ppl have been in all these gangs because this is a game and your here to play it with your mates. Would rather be known as gang hoppers and be with all your mates then on your own. 

All I’m saying is don’t suggest something and have very strong values on it and then go completely against it, makes your gang look more of an embarrassment.
We don't go against it though? It's suggested to prevent this happening further in the future.

Its refreshing to see you both are keeping up to date with the ongoing of the community while being banned but the thread was made to hopefully get some sort of rule put in place to stop it happening the main purpose of this is to highlight the whitelisted groups or the F6 gangs some people have been in more than six whitelisted gangs with little to no RP
a rule that would have just been broken  by you as you have just recruited gang hoppers into ballas...

makes sense. 

a rule that would have just been broken  by you as you have just recruited gang hoppers into ballas...

makes sense. 
Nice to know you are keeping up with Ballas news while you are banned,  people love to assume who Ballas have apparently 'recruited' it seems. Let's stay on topic shall we 

+1 IMO it doesn't make sense, even if someone did there should be repercussions of their actions.

People who are banned throwing their 2p in the pot in an attempt to create a toxic environment is childish and needs to stop.

Calling someone a "Hypocrite" is not how you go about things, If you're so concerned about the recuitments in Ballas then ask about it, there are better ways to talk to people instead of having a forum war. 

Theres been plenty of roleplay and an interesting progressive storyline between Ballas and its hangabouts who share the same vision, not going to go in-depth as there is a time and a place.

Lets act like adults 

as far as the suggestion goes, I stand by it +1

If you get questioned by staff on why or how you ended up in X gang then you must provide them with how you're storyline has progressed since leaving the previous gang and if it just so happens to seem as though their intentions are not straight then they should be punished but if it makes sense then let it continue. 

People will always have something to say, I was indirectly labelled as a "CoDer" but I took that as constructive criticism even though I thought it was unfair, I still took it on board in an attempt to prove people wrong and in doing so I hope to make the community better with every interaction. 👍

Firstly. Those who don't have anything to add, for or against the suggestion then don't add pointless argumentative comments either...

As for the suggestion in itself this for me is already a "rule" it would fall under G5.2. However this also falls on the people who are in charge of recruitment in gangs, it's all good saying I don't get why player joins gang Y after beefing with gang Y for a week. Then why is the gang allowing this player to join who has possibly killed multiple of your gang members etc. It works both ways and has an easy fix from current gang leads / members to prevent this from happening. However I still think in some situations it should happen. I love the idea of a member secretly giving intel to another gang and then back stabbing them in a brilliant RP story. That for me is how it should be and it can be quite interesting to be involved in if not everybody gets buthurt when they lose situations... 

(G5.2) Believable Character Roles - If you wish to roleplay as a lawyer, it may not be realistic that you will repair your car at the roadside, or shoot and kill a man for scratching your vehicle. Pick a style that suits your character's backstory and role and stick to it. You have multiple character slots for a reason!

Excessive 'gang hopping' can be seen as a breach of the rule above, as per the highlighted part of the rule description. 
- It makes no sense for a character to join and leave several *OCG's within a short period of time, or without a role play story developing your character to make that decision - specially considering the hostilities between most of the groups out there. 

*OCG = Organised Crime Group
I can't lie I feel like this needs to be enforced then because there's a lot of people that have gone from gang to gang in short succession with no consequences. It's all well and good but people will keep on doing it because no one bothers bringing it up to staff. 

Just a question for you though Drex or any staff that would like to answer, because i'm intrigued. Does 'gang hopping' get monitored? Because when people leave a gang for another, it's no secret before most of the other gangs know of it happening and then shortly after, the rest of the server that comes in contact with said person that then learns of what happened. 

Ultimately, I strongly believe that most of these cases where gang hopping happens is due to that 1 person feeling more of a 'belonging' to the gang they want to transfer to. I feel as if it boils down to their friends or newly found friends are mainly a part of the gang they want to join and thus results in the activity of gang hopping.

That's my little 2 pence on the topic at hand. 

View attachment 19496

there's no "apparently" about it, this is a screenshot from ballas discord 🙂
Yes as you can clearly see it states 'Hang About', not member. Meaning they are not on the Ballas F6, not sure why it concerns you this much over a suggestion on the forums and also unsure why everyone seems to care so much about the Greyhounds & Ballas . I would also appreciate if you didn't post screenshots from the discord on the forums, not needed and you are not in there as it is. Thanks in advance!  

View attachment 19496

there's no "apparently" about it, this is a screenshot from ballas discord 🙂
Maybe try to give some constructive criticism or some ideas instead of random, snarky remarks? I understand that, given your history, it is quite hard for you to follow rules and surely the threat of there possibly being a new rule added or the sheer mention of it must be very scary to you (considering you repeatedly forgot the ones already in place before) but let's just keep things civil and stay on top of the actual subject, shall we? x

So much drama love it.

On topic though, I agree there should be a cool down, someone suggested 2 months which is way too long in rp imho. Maybe 2 weeks-1month or something before you can join another f6.

Not only to stop people gang hopping so much but also to stop f6 hopping to help out in wars.

So much drama love it.

On topic though, I agree there should be a cool down, someone suggested 2 months which is way too long in rp imho. Maybe 2 weeks-1month or something before you can join another f6.

Not only to stop people gang hopping so much but also to stop f6 hopping to help out in wars.
If this F6 gang hopping is a thing to help out in wars then this needs to be passed onto staff as that is something that shouldn't be happening... 

Back