What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Girls on the island

On the last server I played we had a female officer and this kind of behavior was dealt with in roleplay. It was a much more.... relaxed server. Basically the rest of the cops would beat up the guy that was making sexist remarks towards HER. You know....  I actually think they did learn from this. We put the guy in the position of beeing oppressed and guess what, he didnt like it.

Just banning the guy is not really teaching these assholes anything.

I think you are missing an opportunity here to make a difference in the world using a game.
Sadly that would only work if the girl was surrounded by friends who would help her. There is only one girl in the cops the rest play as something else. Which means usually the cops aren't there to sort this situation out. So just like in real life people tend to get away with sexual assault. The staff team has faster means of responding so is still our only option.

As a victim of intense cyber bullying and the ladder. I've learned myself to be on the side "It's the internet, who gives a fuck" out of pure necessity to not get a mental breakdown and therefor I can't really relate to the victim role because I've been in it so much. However harassment of any kind is ofcourse not right, but in roleplay, it shouldn't be completely be outruled? I can understand that ofcourse there will be restrictions which would go under

** COMMON SENSE **

Well @Nalurah you should know that I will always have you back. This stuff generally annoys me so if I find any other female getting spoken to in the wrong way  then I will get involved. I am sure these people see females outside... when they go outside so whats the big deal? What I can say is if I hear any of my lot saying stupid things to females they are gone. End of story. 

I'm disgusted by people who treat girls on the server like this, and I try to stop it whenever I see it.

As a victim of intense cyber bullying and the ladder. I've learned myself to be on the side "It's the internet, who gives a fuck" out of pure necessity to not get a mental breakdown and therefor I can't really relate to the victim role because I've been in it so much. However harassment of any kind is ofcourse not right, but in roleplay, it shouldn't be completely be outruled? I can understand that ofcourse there will be restrictions which would go under

** COMMON SENSE **
I am sorry to hear you were a victim of cyberbullying @Lemmen. I hope things will get better for you. As for what is allowed within rp I agree that some things like silly pick up lines are fine. They usually make me laugh actually. The line needs to be drawn I think when the subject is just plain hurtful like rape threats or racism. Like the rule about questionable rp, when told to stop you should stop. Also common sense of course. 

All RP should be in context, if you are messing around with a group and a line is said but it is clearly part of what is going on and you know it would be made at any other person, I think this is fair, we don't want to get too sensitive or the whole community will be scared to speak. There is a fine line between what is vulgar to some people and what is OK, we all have different cultures and our own ideas on what is acceptable. The tricky bit it not offending someone because of theirs... I am very outspoken in the 'real world' and do come out with some inappropriate things at the worst moments sometimes, my friends and family know me and know I do not mean it, my mouth acts before my brain kicks in. That said I can recognise the difference between a flippant comment and actually targeting someone, this is where I know the Staff Team here can identify each situation for what it is and make decisions accordingly as a group. With something subjective like this I do think cases need to be looked at with a few members of staff conferring, you might get arguments from both sides about comments made and the context.

The example @Nalurah gave is not over sensitivity, the context of what they said was poor and was specific to her.  I do not tip toe around a player if they are female/very young/have a speech impediment etc, I will treat them as I do anyone... I will come out with stupid shit to you all ;)

The example @Nalurah gave is not over sensitivity, the context of what they said was poor and was specific to her.  I do not tip toe around a player if they are female/very young/have a speech impediment etc, I will treat them as I do anyone... I will come out with stupid shit to you all ;)
I must admit, I'm also in the "Speaks before he thinks" group, but I do try at all times to be courteous. I'd never come out with something so crass as the situation @Nalurah described in the OP, but it may tick people off or rub them the wrong way, the difference is: When confronted/asked to cease, you DO SO.

As this is getting a bit depressing, here's a light hearted picture that is somewhat relevant to the topic:

Making_An_Impression_by_KyVin16.jpg

Back