What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Give the police N.H.S. 'Downed' dispatches

Antollyme

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Suggestion:
Give the police N.H.S. 'Downed' dispatches.

The suggestion is to not only send downed dispatches to the N.H.S., but also the police service. This will likely be a controversial suggestion.

The purpose of giving the police service downed dispatches would be for three reasons:

Reason 1: Downed dispatches would help the police be notified of crime that happens on the server. This would aid the police in coming to these crime scenes before all the RP has ended. (As the N.H.S. would be the only one to get the dispatches and as there's often only a handful of them on the server, being notified of an incident revolving around crime is much lower than what it could be (no blame to the N.H.S. of course), as very few use the 999 dispatches, allowing for more prolonged R.P./story-lines.)

Reason 2: Help lower the dump/taunt meta on the server. If criminals know that police are likely to turn up to an incident involving a person who has been incapacitated, they may be more likely to flea the area similar to when shots fired dispatches get sent to the police.

Reason 3: Help aid the N.H.S. when there are low numbers/none on the server. If the police were to be given downed dispatches, it would allow them to attend to whatever R.P. has happened and if no N.H.S. are able to come to the scene, they could bring them to a hospital. (This also would allow if desired, the small amount of N.H.S. staff on duty [e.g. 1 or 2] to stay at a hospital and the police bring them to said hospital for medical R.P., reducing the amount of people who have to re-spawn/get no R.P. at hours when low emergency services numbers are on the server.)

Comparing to I.R.L. isn't the best idea, however, the suggestion was thought of from I.R.L. dispatchers where when you state someone has been stabbed or attacked, they send both the police and the N.H.S., not just the N.H.S.. I don't want this suggestion to make people think it would take away from the N.H.S. or any blame given to the N.H.S., I believe this would aid them with police turning up to dispatches to help control those present if needs be and preemptively attend scene that the N.H.S. would inevitably have to spend waiting for the police to show or simply leave due to the time taken for police to show.

Negatives:
- I believe this will result in less people dying on the server and more prolonged R.P. story-lines. This can very well be considered a negative as how else will people lose gear and end avenues of R.P.?
- The police already get a lot of dispatches as is. The 'downed' dispatches coming through may annoy them or clog the system.
- This would potentially take away from the experience of being transported in an ambulance rather than a police car. (Most incapacitated people tend to be transported in cars/on bikes already, but the concern is still valid)
- This would inhibit criminals from committing crime as freely as they currently do. (This would change the experience a criminal would have to deal with when fighting with others and this could be seen as a negative)
- The N.H.S. may feel as if their job is being taken from them. (Police already have the power to revive people but under strict circumstance, this would need to be another thing that has imposed restrictions so the N.H.S. isn't being over looked and that may be seen as a negative from both the police and N.H.S..)

I will also note that this wouldn't affect dumping people into secluded areas where no-one can hear them call for assistance.

I am aware of the positives and negatives associated with this suggestion, I just think it is worthwhile to chuck it out into the open and see what people think. :)

I like the idea, would be cool to give the police an extra thing to do and it would give people a better chance of surviving if N.H.S. are not available +1

+1

Similar to what happened back on Altis, when no NHS were online dispatches would be sent to police. Would also give police more chance to complete ELS RP.

Would this be for all injured people, or implement a chance that police will also be notified?

Sweet, so its an arcade game now?

Calling the police, or NHS asking for police assistance at an incident would be null and void.

Hate it when no NHS is around? Keep yourself alive, drive safe, don't cause any beef or put yourself in harms way.

We don't need to keep putting fixes in for things which are RP issues.

Sweet, so its an arcade game now?

Calling the police, or NHS asking for police assistance at an incident would be null and void.

Hate it when no NHS is around? Keep yourself alive, drive safe, don't cause any beef or put yourself in harms way.

We don't need to keep putting fixes in for things which are RP issues.
1 it always was
2 ?
3 so most of the time, i'll engage in more vr rp to stay safe my apologies
4 what are you on about

1 it always was
2 ?
3 so most of the time, i'll engage in more vr rp to stay safe my apologies
4 what are you on about

1. No it hasn't always been an arcade game, its a roleplay server. Police wouldn't and shouldn't get dispatches so you can be rescued.

2. Waiting for people to cross paths with your dieing body and taking you to pillbox would no longer be important, police will just get you? Your friends can no longer contact you, wondering if you've died and looking for you frantically, well... doesn't matter... police will just get you?

3. No just understand that police aren't there to play doctor, nurse or paramedic.

4. "We don't need to keep putting fixes in for things which are RP issues." this shouldn't have been tough for you to understand, sorry someone has disagreed with an idea you like on the internet.

1. Police are usually the first on the scene of an accident so it makes sense.
2. People play the server to have fun, laying on the floor for 30 minutes hoping for someone to get to you isn't exactly fun. They can give you basic treatment and take you to pillbox to recover. I rather have an extra chance of survival knowing police is also notified, I'm not here to RP with the floor, gta is janky so shit happens.
3. *
4. No need to get cheeky pal, you said it yourself it's an RP server. Things are added for QOL and to enhance roleplay, fixes for systems like what don't you agree with?

1. Police are usually the first on the scene of an accident so it makes sense.
2. People play the server to have fun, laying on the floor for 30 minutes hoping for someone to get to you isn't exactly fun. They can give you basic treatment and take you to pillbox to recover. I rather have an extra chance of survival knowing police is also notified, I'm not here to RP with the floor, gta is janky so shit happens.
3. *
4. No need to get cheeky pal, you said it yourself it's an RP server. Things are added for QOL and to enhance roleplay, fixes for systems like what don't you agree with?

1. Awesome, so with your logic, every single incident that involves a murder, assault, shooting or beating, police are auto notified of it? Nice. This point shouldn't really need much explaining on how silly it is.

2. GTA Janky shit happens? Put a compensation request through or create a ticket, its not complicated at all.

3. **

4. Apologies for taking a dim view to people that can't see further than their own opinions, pal. Especially when the things being explained to them are overwhelmingly easy to understand.

1. Authorities are called based on the fact that 'locals' see you and they call it in. Police already get dispatches for gunshots and robberies, so not sure what you're yapping. I don't think it's silly at all.
2. Missing the point yet again. Let's involve staff in something that could be handled in RP if some things are altered, and since you like the idea of handling stuff in rp so much i'm sure you'd agree, there'd be no need for comp requests if this was implemented ; )
3. Police are there to also save lives when responding to accidents etc. They don't have to RP a medically trained character to help get you to hospital to be treated if NHS are unavailable for a 999 call.
4. Still haven't answered the question, you're the one that's not open to alternatives and judging by your POV, you're the one that can't see any further than your own opinion.

Sorry but I just can't see it happening. NHS is struggling as it is without more reasons for NHS to be obsolete. If you guys knew how bad it actually is for us then you would be looking for other ways to help the NHS out.

Why not look at the way the NHS are treated. How shit it is for most of us on a day to day basis.

Majority of the city looks at us as revive bots. With limited roleplay being given to us. A lot of people just want revived without giving much RP.

People don't want to wait for medics so their buddies are quick to pick them up. The amount of times a dispatch disappears for us when we are halfway there is unreal. Most medics give up going to dispatches because of this. Personally I now wait 5 minutes before responding as to be quite frank most find their way to pillbox within 2 minutes of going down.

As a medic I am going to have to give this a -1. Let's find suggestions to make the NHS more appealing to people to join and get the NHS numbers back up to how they have been in the past.

1. Authorities are called based on the fact that 'locals' see you and they call it in. Police already get dispatches for gunshots and robberies, so not sure what you're yapping. I don't think it's silly at all.
2. Missing the point yet again. Let's involve staff in something that could be handled in RP if some things are altered, and since you like the idea of handling stuff in rp so much i'm sure you'd agree, there'd be no need for comp requests if this was implemented ; )
3. Police are there to also save lives when responding to accidents etc. They don't have to RP a medically trained character to help get you to hospital to be treated if NHS are unavailable for a 999 call.
4. Still haven't answered the question, you're the one that's not open to alternatives and judging by your POV, you're the one that can't see any further than your own opinion.

Did you honestly just say we could remove the compensation system if someone dies when GTA glitches police can sort it out? BAHAHAHAHAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

Correct i'm not open to an alternative, the alternative is dumb. The alternative is police being notified every time someone is down. The alterative is police becoming NHS because tiktok brained people can't cope with waiting 30mins because you got yourself killed.

Police being notified every time someone is incapacitated will ruin a LOT of RP interactions, situations the police had 0 business knowing about. But you don't care about that do you? You want to save your pretend in game pixel items and can't be bothered to wait 30 mins because you couldn't keep yourself alive and would happily push the server in a negative direction as a result.

Sorry but I just can't see it happening. NHS is struggling as it is without more reasons for NHS to be obsolete. If you guys knew how bad it actually is for us then you would be looking for other ways to help the NHS out.

Why not look at the way the NHS are treated. How shit it is for most of us on a day to day basis.

Majority of the city looks at us as revive bots. With limited roleplay being given to us. A lot of people just want revived without giving much RP.

People don't want to wait for medics so their buddies are quick to pick them up. The amount of times a dispatch disappears for us when we are halfway there is unreal. Most medics give up going to dispatches because of this. Personally I now wait 5 minutes before responding as to be quite frank most find their way to pillbox within 2 minutes of going down.

As a medic I am going to have to give this a -1. Let's find suggestions to make the NHS more appealing to people to join and get the NHS numbers back up to how they have been in the past.

Absolutely THIS

NHS aren't NPCs. There needs to be more incentive to join.

Police should never become a pillbox taxi service.

People shouldn't be allowed to suggest bullshit without being called out for it.

Did you honestly just say we could remove the compensation system if someone dies when GTA glitches police can sort it out? BAHAHAHAHAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

Correct i'm not open to an alternative, the alternative is dumb. The alternative is police being notified every time someone is down. The alterative is police becoming NHS because tiktok brained people can't cope with waiting 30mins because you got yourself killed.

Police being notified every time someone is incapacitated will ruin a LOT of RP interactions, situations the police had 0 business knowing about. But you don't care about that do you? You want to save your pretend in game pixel items and can't be bothered to wait 30 mins because you couldn't keep yourself alive and would happily push the server in a negative direction as a result.
Don't twist my words mate, never said to get rid of the comp system, but scenarios that happen because of the above suggestion could be resolved in RP.

Tiktok brain for spending half on hour on the floor, don't make me laugh bro.

You have an option by pressing R, if you don't want the authorities to find out you obviously wouldn't notify them common sense.

Don't twist my words mate, never said to get rid of the comp system, but scenarios that happen because of the above suggestion could be resolved in RP.

Tiktok brain for spending half on hour on the floor, don't make me laugh bro.

You have an option by pressing R, if you don't want the authorities to find out you obviously wouldn't notify them common sense.

Just wow.

"You have an option by pressing R, if you don't want the authorities to find out you obviously wouldn't notify them common sense."

Dude... victims of a crime after being downed will use the R to notify police to the situation, how on EARTH can't you come to this conclusion yourself whilst typing this?

Like you said, common sense.

Just wow.

"You have an option by pressing R, if you don't want the authorities to find out you obviously wouldn't notify them common sense."

Dude... victims of a crime after being downed will use the R to notify police to the situation, how on EARTH can't you come to this conclusion yourself whilst typing this?

Like you said, common sense.
equivalent of talking to a wall, have a wonderful day mate.

equivalent of talking to a wall, have a wonderful day mate.

Your inability to see the dramatic failings in your logic does not make me a brick wall, but if I have to be a brick wall, to prevent dumb suggestions being implemented into our city, so be it.

But no, lets not give victims who have been downed the option to tap "R" to notify the police that stuff is going on and they need a revive.

If i'm a brick wall, you must be humpty dumpty.

Have a wonderful day too brother <3

Personally I see it maybe causing issues in the long run with members of NHS not being happy and with them being lower numbers anyway feel like it would be a struggle to implement this correctly

-1 NHS need 5 times the pay and easier to join. Also some sort of whitelisted medical bandages only NHS can use so they are not given out or abused. I understand your idea but it could change how the whole way everything is roleplayed on the server. SO lets make NHS better and more reasons to join rather then less ones.

Back