What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Give the police N.H.S. 'Downed' dispatches

Antollyme

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Suggestion:
Give the police N.H.S. 'Downed' dispatches.

The suggestion is to not only send downed dispatches to the N.H.S., but also the police service. This will likely be a controversial suggestion.

The purpose of giving the police service downed dispatches would be for three reasons:

Reason 1: Downed dispatches would help the police be notified of crime that happens on the server. This would aid the police in coming to these crime scenes before all the RP has ended. (As the N.H.S. would be the only one to get the dispatches and as there's often only a handful of them on the server, being notified of an incident revolving around crime is much lower than what it could be (no blame to the N.H.S. of course), as very few use the 999 dispatches, allowing for more prolonged R.P./story-lines.)

Reason 2: Help lower the dump/taunt meta on the server. If criminals know that police are likely to turn up to an incident involving a person who has been incapacitated, they may be more likely to flea the area similar to when shots fired dispatches get sent to the police.

Reason 3: Help aid the N.H.S. when there are low numbers/none on the server. If the police were to be given downed dispatches, it would allow them to attend to whatever R.P. has happened and if no N.H.S. are able to come to the scene, they could bring them to a hospital. (This also would allow if desired, the small amount of N.H.S. staff on duty [e.g. 1 or 2] to stay at a hospital and the police bring them to said hospital for medical R.P., reducing the amount of people who have to re-spawn/get no R.P. at hours when low emergency services numbers are on the server.)

Comparing to I.R.L. isn't the best idea, however, the suggestion was thought of from I.R.L. dispatchers where when you state someone has been stabbed or attacked, they send both the police and the N.H.S., not just the N.H.S.. I don't want this suggestion to make people think it would take away from the N.H.S. or any blame given to the N.H.S., I believe this would aid them with police turning up to dispatches to help control those present if needs be and preemptively attend scene that the N.H.S. would inevitably have to spend waiting for the police to show or simply leave due to the time taken for police to show.

Negatives:
- I believe this will result in less people dying on the server and more prolonged R.P. story-lines. This can very well be considered a negative as how else will people lose gear and end avenues of R.P.?
- The police already get a lot of dispatches as is. The 'downed' dispatches coming through may annoy them or clog the system.
- This would potentially take away from the experience of being transported in an ambulance rather than a police car. (Most incapacitated people tend to be transported in cars/on bikes already, but the concern is still valid)
- This would inhibit criminals from committing crime as freely as they currently do. (This would change the experience a criminal would have to deal with when fighting with others and this could be seen as a negative)
- The N.H.S. may feel as if their job is being taken from them. (Police already have the power to revive people but under strict circumstance, this would need to be another thing that has imposed restrictions so the N.H.S. isn't being over looked and that may be seen as a negative from both the police and N.H.S..)

I will also note that this wouldn't affect dumping people into secluded areas where no-one can hear them call for assistance.

I am aware of the positives and negatives associated with this suggestion, I just think it is worthwhile to chuck it out into the open and see what people think. :)

I think it could be a good idea but also police are already overwhelmed by dispatches and if we got a dispatch for every time someone was down on top of all the dispatches we already see it would become a nightmare, as it’s already a lot with the amount you get as NHS alone, plus it’ll make NHS obsolete imo, they may have few numbers and I can see how it can further rp with police but the way you fix this problem in my opinion is to make things in the NHS better & not cut them out of the role play completely

Another thing it can get abused, people injuring people so that police arrive and get handsed etc, nhs are protected under rules and only really get threatened and told to piss off whereas police get handsed even whilst doing medical on their friends, as some people would rather hold up police than have their friend get help, which if we responded to medical dispatches I believe we’d see an increase in this, if there was a way to implement a similar system that avoided these things then it’d be a great idea

Last edited:
See i would rather have the community tell NHS command/staff/management why they don't want to join/patrol as NHS so it can get fixed rather than continuing down the path of making it easier for people to go on without having an NHS.

The NHS is at its lowest number of active members since it's conception all those years ago. I have seen over 100 people join since I joined just under a year ago. Lucky if 10-20 of them still patrol or are even on the roster anymore.

Let's fix the NHS rather than handing it off to other factions to deal with

This is a bad idea. Police should do police things. NHS should do NHS things.

Believe it or not, it's fun sometimes as NHS to rock up to a body dumping location. The RP can be extremely funny, a good change of pace for the NHS to contact police and liaise with them to sort out the dumping. Besides stuff like this all we're doing is just reviving people 23/7 with the odd actual good medical rp. Taking away those different avenues of RP makes NHS even more limited.

Especially your reason 3 is a thorn in my eye. We won't solve the low amount of NHS workers by making their work even less fun/interesting.

Instead we need to change how the NHS works inherently. From command to how easy it is to join/maintain to pay scales to interactions.
Only if we can make it more fun for NHS on the server the whole stigma will go away. NHS are seen as revive robots atm for gang members that have guns on them and baldies that crash their car. If you turn up to a gang shootout all of them will just /me no pulse or /me dies because they don't want to get caught by police. Only 5% of the server will actually do proper medical RP.
We need to change how the whole server looks at the NHS but that's sadly easier said than done.

Command needs to change the rules and aspects for the NHS. You're not allowed to joke around at all.

Pays must be re-adjusted, the NHS budget should be more, people should be rewarded more for stuff they do. In the police people make way more money off training and applications etc than we do in the NHS. There is no incentive and when there is the command team will take it away or ruin it. There needs to be a change in command and there need to be changes to the way NHS works. Only if we can provide a solid basis for NHS members they will actually stick around. And when members stick around only then the server mentality will change towards the NHS.

Right now the NHS is as dead as it's ever been due to rules, changes and regulations that have been made. There's only a handful active medics and those numbers are dropping by the day. I'm still waiting on the day staff will actually intervene and solve this problem. Right now, in the current server meta, it just doesn't work. The command torch Phoenix is holding should be passed on in my opinion for a new breath of fresh air. Maybe that will solve some of the problems. The longer we wait the more dead and hated the NHS will be by the general community.

Last edited:
Honestly I heavily disagree with this.

When I was actively playing NHS, one of the MAJOR things that caused my burnout was the considerable lack of RP towards NHS. I felt like I was "indebted" to going on that character because people would cry about "NHS being shit" "NHS never on". You suggesting this, contributes to that lack of RP, and further enforces the view against a collective of individuals who are highly burnt out from the lack of roleplaying injuries, being walking defibs.

However, those are the same people who want you to slap an elastic on everything and pick them up after they've been shot in the dome.

Instead, I recommend the people supporting this, go make an NHS character, go see what havoc and low level of RP we face daily is, and try to understand why a lot of us have either gone on a break, left, or only do an hour a day. Or- hell, you may enjoy the RP and counter this entire suggestion with your precense.

At the end of the day, this server often feels like: Cops and Robbers in school, and those in the NHS are people who wanted to play nurse. A massive amount of the RP the NHS provides is underappreciated, but those small bits where it is is essentially all that fuels the majority of us to even clock in- this suggestion risks taking those small wins from an already exhausted group.

Now when I disagree, I do try suggest a medium alternative, instead of being an entire negative nancy.

The only alternative I'd accept, is how the current system works to change slightly as follows:
When you press "R" to alert a medic, add a secondary button that alerts police, say "F" with a tone that allows those in RP around you to know you've sent that alert to police to allow for counter-RP.

As an ex-NHS main, I'm afraid its going to be a -1 from myself

Without going off on a massive rant and tangent, there is a fundamental problem within the NHS and I feel this change would further reduce the desire for people to log on and play the faction and add yet another pressure on the police force as a whole too.

just do it like it was on arma if anything, only make it happen when NHS isn't about

given, i only really went to downed "dispatches" on arma when nothing was happening, which isn't really the case on fivem

just do it like it was on arma if anything, only make it happen when NHS isn't about

given, i only really went to downed "dispatches" on arma when nothing was happening, which isn't really the case on fivem

Do you not see the overwhelming problem of police knowing about situations they shouldn't have? Turning up and ruining criminal RP because they got an auto dispatch?

Turning up and ruining criminal RP because they got an auto dispatch?
that's not what i said? if would simply work the same way as it currently does for NHS, aka you have to click a button to notify, if crims are still there after they hear the noise it makes it's not really the fault of the officer arriving

that's not what i said? if would simply work the same way as it currently does for NHS, aka you have to click a button to notify, if crims are still there after they hear the noise it makes it's not really the fault of the officer arriving

Mate how do you not see the problem with this?

Its not

It may not be what you said, but it would be the result.

You're talking about effectively giving everyone a police panic button at the point of incapacitation. This will RUIN extended RP after incapacitation.

For example, Cutlass the other day downed me, we had a good 15 - 20 mins of them questioning me, deciding whether they'll dump me based on my answers, eventually got taken to pilbox.

But with the above suggestion, its ok. Ill just press my magic police dispatch button.

Giving a downed person the ability to auto notify police once downed should be an overwhelmingly obvious problem for a roleplay server.

It may not be what you said, but it would be the result.

You're talking about effectively giving everyone a police panic button at the point of incapacitation. This will RUIN extended RP after incapacitation.

For example, Cutlass the other day downed me, we had a good 15 - 20 mins of them questioning me, deciding whether they'll dump me based on my answers, eventually got taken to pilbox.

But with the above suggestion, its ok. Ill just press my magic police dispatch button.

Giving a downed person the ability to auto notify police once downed should be an overwhelmingly obvious problem for a roleplay server.
How about a change of it then.

As you seem to dislike it being a police panic button. What if the button could only be pressed in the last 10 mins and if they have phone/radio on them (or chance based like nhs with no phone or radio). That way gangs can still dump people. And have plenty of time with them. Instead of both sides back and forwarding with no compromise. Think of solutions that meet both.
Personally idc if its added or not. I do not have enough stuff ever on me that I care about.
but just food for thought instead of this constant back and forward with no changes to susgestion

How about a change of it then.

As you seem to dislike it being a police panic button. What if the button could only be pressed in the last 10 mins and if they have phone/radio on them (or chance based like nhs with no phone or radio). That way gangs can still dump people. And have plenty of time with them. Instead of both sides back and forwarding with no compromise. Think of solutions that meet both.
Personally idc if its added or not. I do not have enough stuff ever on me that I care about.
but just food for thought instead of this constant back and forward with no changes to susgestion

The reason i'm not making changes to the suggestion is because I disagree with 100% of it. It leads to far more unbalanced RP that you clearly cant see.

Some ideas don't need expanding on.

With your expansion of the idea, with everyone having a yes.. police panic button in the last 10 mins of incapacitation, now have the chance of being picked up by police to give witness statements to prompt an investigation against the criminals of which shouldn't have been possible, but now is due to a magic police panic button being implemented?

So now what would be next? Police won't be allowed to take statements or create an incident report in order to balance this new problem, and are now a pillbox taxi?

There are no sensible routes where police become pillbox taxi drivers, and to answer your question about why go back and forth with no changes to the suggestion..

People should be able to see how dumb this suggestion is, and all the negatives that come with it, whether you're senior staff, experienced players or a baldie.

Preventing stupid shit from being implemented into the city should be just as important and valuable as good suggestions being made.

-1 NHS need 5 times the pay and easier to join. Also some sort of whitelisted medical bandages only NHS can use so they are not given out or abused. I understand your idea but it could change how the whole way everything is roleplayed on the server. SO lets make NHS better and more reasons to join rather then less ones.
I do tend to agree with Nikki on this one. I feel like the way peoples mentality is in the city, Where you put the money people go to and that’s just the way it is unfortunately. Making wages better would increase the amount of people but still need to be wary on the people being recruited and making sure they’re doing it for the right reasons and not solely for the money.

I do tend to agree with Nikki on this one. I feel like the way peoples mentality is in the city, Where you put the money people go to and that’s just the way it is unfortunately. Making wages better would increase the amount of people but still need to be wary on the people being recruited and making sure they’re doing it for the right reasons and not solely for the money.
To be honest the pay is 3 times better than it was a year ago. Didn't change much in regards to how many people join. It's a thankless task. Only recently have we seen medics start to appear on recommend a roleplayer. But that's still only a small fraction of our call outs. Majority of the time we are treated like revive bots and because of this no money will make the job more enjoyable.

Fix the issues with the community in regards to how they treat the NHS rather than throw more money at us

-1 I completely understand your perspective preserving the distinct roles and experiences of both the N.H.S. and the police is crucial for maintaining the immersive and engaging environment of our server introducing downed dispatches to the police alongside the N.H.S. might inadvertently blur these roles and lead to unintended consequences for gameplay.

I Hope this will never happen, if it happen just add a gun shop next and let us all go fight so you can go heal and attack people too!

-1 from me.

Perhaps a case could be made that you can only 'call for help' in areas with locals in them to simulate a local dialling 999 but other than that you are fucked.

Atm everyone has the ability to ping NHS with their phone when down but can't use their phone because injured? Makes no sense but it's a game so idk.

See i would rather have the community tell NHS command/staff/management why they don't want to join/patrol as NHS so it can get fixed rather than continuing down the path of making it easier for people to go on without having an NHS.

For me personally as a weak/casual RPer I simply don't want to commit to the serious medical RP required to be a medic. Another thing for me is that I'm not keen on creating another character and having the headache of keeping characters separate and trying to sound different.

Those are both 'on me', not neccesarily anything there to be fixed. I'd happily drive ambulances and be a pillbox taxi for NHS on my char but it doesn't fit with the level of RP the faction requires.

Back