What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Greenfoot

SolomoNn

Hi guys I have to create a game using the greenfoot platform and java programming but it s the first time i m doing this kind of thing and i literally have no idea how to do it, my idea for the game is like a mario(?) with all sorts of obstacles and puzzles and you need to answer certain questions to pass an obstacle and many other things, but i m having problems in , firstly, getting a background image, the "stock" ones for greenfoot are absolute shit. Anyone has any idea how to help or can link me some good tutorials?

First things first, when you're coding, google is always your friend.

I've had a little experience with Greenfoot. Just keep in mind it's not really built for games. It's more of an educational tool to teach you how to use Java. Greenfoot's site has some great resources including some tutorials if you have no idea how to do anything: http://www.greenfoot.org/doc. Lastly, with the images, don't be afraid to Photoshop something. Find some royalty free images of the sky with clouds or something, maybe put in a city. It really depends on the game you're making.

If you wanna do this project, you gotta put some effort into it.

Message me if you have any specific questions, and I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: This would probably be better in the Tech Discussion forum idk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back