What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Has anyone downloaded Windows 10 yet?

I'm going to wait for about a month so they can sort out any bugs etc. Then i will upgrade.
There has been an alpha / beta build out for around a year already, most of the major bugs have already been nuked so I wouldn't worry about it to be honest.

On a personal note though, I'm loving how polished it feels already, they have really taken on board the feedback about windows 8 and how poor that release was. Fair play to them, early feeling is that they have nailed it this time around.

The only issue i've noticed so far is that everything defaults to 32bit downloads.

A couple of seconds of extra care before clicking solves that so....

If you use the link provided by Neo and simply download directly using the program provided then you will not be asked at all to provide a key.

I believe that you will only need one if you are using the media creation tool.

If you use the link provided by Neo and simply download directly using the program provided then you will not be asked at all to provide a key.
Nice, thanks beacuse mine doesnt wanna upgrade for some reason.

well rip.....I downloaded it with the media creation tool and did a full wipe on my hard drive...And it asked for key...then I tried to put in the one that Is attached to my BIOS(this is a windows 8 thingy)  and it doesn't work.... Does anyone know if microsoft would fix this for me if I contact them?

well rip.....I downloaded it with the media creation tool and did a full wipe on my hard drive...And it asked for key...then I tried to put in the one that Is attached to my BIOS(this is a windows 8 thingy)  and it doesn't work.... Does anyone know if microsoft would fix this for me if I contact them?
did you press any of the links that Neo provided? (download tool now) Beacuse both of those needs media creation tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I used that tool, but it most likely fucked up like this because I upgraded from windows 10 insider preview to the full version...

well I did use my windows 8 key that is attached to my bios but it says that the key is invalid'

but like if u upgrade straight from windows 8 to windows 10 it shouldn't have this kind of problems, if your os was registered in the first place

Edgar which link did you mean? beacuse i only see the ones that are media creation tool (two big bars at the bottom).

View attachment 511

Not much different to before for me. Going to try some games now.
I noticed a massive difference in Arma 3 to be honest. Runs much more better for me. Less stuttering. Probably because MS did away with all the background metro crap going on.

Edgar which link did you mean? beacuse i only see the ones that are media creation tool (two big bars at the bottom).
That''s the tool you need mate. It downloads windows 10 itself.

I just clicked the link Neo sent and got it like 30 mins later. 

FOR CLEAN WINDOWS 10 INSTALL YOU MUST UPGRADE FIRST, THEN FORMAT AND RE-INSTALL!

reason being, it upgrades your win x key to window's 10.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Might upgrade when I get home (If it's still free then). BUT IS IT WORTH IT?!!? I wont do a clean install - I'll keep my files

My version of windows was naughty and it activated on it's own. I did a clean install tho... Not sure how that works but whatever I'm not complaining.

Back