What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Has the quality of RP dropped?

Kakujaa

Royal Flush
Not many of you know me since I haven't played on the server for a while but after a long break I came back to see odd RP to say the least. I wont type up a whole paragraph of tiny situations but no one actually makes an effort to Roleplay anymore, me and my friend were wandering around trying to find some fun situations and 9 times out of ten it would result in us dying to a salty bunch of trigger fingers. The police don't seem bad apart from a very small amount, I tried speaking to two of them earlier asking if they knew who was driving a specific vehicle and all I got in return was "Why does your voice sound like the Chicken Connoisseur, Yo piff ting what's your BBM" which resulted in them laughing and driving off. 

Don't get me wrong there are still brilliant people on the server; many who I haven't met but I feel like it isn't the same.

What's your opinion? (One thing: I'm not salty nor am I trying to start drama)

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on who you bumped into like always.

I think since the start of the year its greatly improved, I have been watching a lot of general situations and some of the Roleplay has made me very happy.

There is however always going to be new people who are new to Roleplay and our server and also people who are not here for the roleplay, They will learn and improve in time and if not the rules will catch up on them.

But i wouldn't say its gone down no... from what i ve seen lately I would say we are at the best it has ever been and that makes me a happy Wilco!

If anything it's gone up by far! There's no more "5,4,3,2,1" crap and although yes robbers and trigger happy people still exist. Their quality has at least improved by a long mile. One thing was earlier I was attempting an RP of the HM treasury, of course it failed as I think the officers 1. Didn't buy our story and 2. There was one about 5 mins before our attempt thus practically pissing off the officers and making it seem like some big joke. It turned from an attempt into an all out science war between us and the cops. I've never had my chemistry knowledge tested so damn hard, although it was still great fun because I find it a challenge to attempt to crack the officers hard shells!

Depends on who you bumped into like always.

I think since the start of the year its greatly improved, I have been watching a lot of general situations and some of the Roleplay has made me very happy.

There is however always going to be new people who are new to Roleplay and our server and also people who are not here for the roleplay, They will learn and improve in time and if not the rules will catch up on them.

But i wouldn't say its gone down no... from what i ve seen lately I would say we are at the best it has ever been and that makes me a happy Wilco!
Maybe I was just unlucky then!

I'll be on more frequently anyway so maybe it's too soon to judge to be fair.

If there is someone roleplaying as a bastard dick cunt rebel (pardon my french) and kills you because you spat on him or called him something that he didnt like, then the RP quality is IN PLACE. If he wouldnt have killed you after that , it would be fail RP from him. Id kill you, if youd spat on me. And it would be valid RP for me, because I am a rebel but also a dick. Well actually my characters RP is all theese features.

You know how I know the RP is getting better? It's really difficult to find people to ban now. Some Friday/Saturday nights I could go on for an hour and ban 20 players. Now we are notorious for having an active staff team and great reporting system the quality of player is so good that it's more difficult to find real rule breakers. Feels like a bit of a haitus right now but as always this goes in a cycle and we will get the asshole gang again that only cares about killing people. 

Come by the UNMC Checkpoint some time - plenty of RP situations going on there!

I dont believe it has dropped, like it always will be there are always going to be people that decide they dont want to roleplay that day or maybe ever, but its not that the level of rolelay has dropped, it will always be high, the problem is is how many people are willing to roleplay, which i think has gone up, as a cop it was almost a 50% 50% of when u pulled somebody over weather they would RP would be good. But now i feel like there are a lot more roleplaying people, so i dont think it is going down hill, just you have had the unlucky encounter of running into a few of people who dont decide to roleplay.

kind Regards - Zener

I find my self as a cop i get knocked out and shot at without any rp alot the last 2 ta 3 months . 

I have only been playing these servers for 3 days and I have already had enough... I enjoy the interaction with people inside the green zone but that's as far as any decent interaction has gone, bar the UNMC border (where the guys give excellent RP). Meeting anyone anywhere else on the island guarantees that you'll be robbed with minimal to no RP, and makes me feel as though I shouldn't approach anyone. Spending hours earning money then having equipment taken whenever you meet anyone just sucks all the fun out for me. I wouldn't mind handing over things if there was some good interaction but it only ever amounts to "don't move, take all your equipment off". This renders the whole RP server pointless for me.

I have only been playing these servers for 3 days and I have already had enough... I enjoy the interaction with people inside the green zone but that's as far as any decent interaction has gone, bar the UNMC border (where the guys give excellent RP). Meeting anyone anywhere else on the island guarantees that you'll be robbed with minimal to no RP, and makes me feel as though I shouldn't approach anyone. Spending hours earning money then having equipment taken whenever you meet anyone just sucks all the fun out for me. I wouldn't mind handing over things if there was some good interaction but it only ever amounts to "don't move, take all your equipment off". This renders the whole RP server pointless for me.
People become hard to approach due to the 5% who ruin it for the 95% ever seen 2 trucks at a processor who either aren't co operating or aren't robbing one another? The answer is probably not. The problem lies in the solo players mind, they are too afraid to go to a processor where one already is for fear of being robbed and one is too afraid to communicate with another player also due to being robbed. The group's generally stick small and bar a few they are hostile towards others. Some small groups go and rob players, the others just work together and leave anyone who isn't in their group on their own. Your problem probably lies in what you do, iron and copper trading is very risky due to robbers. So either have a friend or hire some rebels to protect you and in return pay them.

Well some people are always gonna be here for the gunfights robberies etc and that s everything i ve seen from them, that makes everyone afraid as said above, when I go off duty as a civ I can t even approach a guy as a hobo as he runs off when he sees me

As I mentioned my perspective is only that of a 3-day member but it has put me off continuing. I don't see the point in having to constantly stick to the green zone and frantically sprint everywhere else, avoiding people, when I'm carrying more than £1 or any wearing any rebel gear.

Your problem probably lies in what you do, iron and copper trading is very risky due to robbers. So either have a friend or hire some rebels to protect you and in return pay them.
I avoid driving my largest, expensive vehicles during full servers as I know for a fact I'll have the third robbed from me, and learned not to even approach high-valued processing locations as I know the inevitability of hostile situations. It's just my opinion but every-time I've logged on, I feel like I'm just counting down the time until I am robbed.

As I mentioned my perspective is only that of a 3-day member but it has put me off continuing. I don't see the point in having to constantly stick to the green zone and frantically sprint everywhere else, avoiding people, when I'm carrying more than £1 or any wearing any rebel gear.

I avoid driving my largest, expensive vehicles during full servers as I know for a fact I'll have the third robbed from me, and learned not to even approach high-valued processing locations as I know the inevitability of hostile situations. It's just my opinion but every-time I've logged on, I feel like I'm just counting down the time until I am robbed.
I hate to say it, but robberies are a key point of this gamemode; They always have been and always will be. If you don't like getting robbed try and join a gang to help you

If there is someone roleplaying as a bastard dick cunt rebel (pardon my french) and kills you because you spat on him or called him something that he didnt like, then the RP quality is IN PLACE. If he wouldnt have killed you after that , it would be fail RP from him. Id kill you, if youd spat on me. And it would be valid RP for me, because I am a rebel but also a dick. Well actually my characters RP is all theese features.
Don't really know where the spitting came from but okay lol.

Come by the UNMC Checkpoint some time - plenty of RP situations going on there!
I thought UNMC ended, I'll come by then!

You know how I know the RP is getting better? It's really difficult to find people to ban now. Some Friday/Saturday nights I could go on for an hour and ban 20 players. Now we are notorious for having an active staff team and great reporting system the quality of player is so good that it's more difficult to find real rule breakers. Feels like a bit of a haitus right now but as always this goes in a cycle and we will get the asshole gang again that only cares about killing people. 
Liber Army heheheheh :)

Back