What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

How to prevent getting robbed/rdm/vdm

Khazy

So this is my 3rd day on the server and so far, has the RP experience really been that good as I was hoping for.

All 3 days I have experienced being rammed, RDM, VDM, robbed for no RP reason other than the big guys wants to fuck up the little guys for fun? Where is the RP in that?

You can report VDMers & RDMers, etc  Here

Sadly enough, there will always be people wanting to fuck the tiny guys up for fun. You can prevent that by purchasing a firearm, finding a gang, etc. There's ways around it. Hopefully your experience improves next time you log on. The server can be an incredible amount of fun, just need to find the right places & moments. 👍

I take a lot of hostages because most of my tasks require hostages, and I must say, taking people who have more money and guns is fun, because you get the yams. But taking people who aren't as financially free is priceless, because they always get. so. fukin. mad, and a good laugh is better than an suppressed marksman rifle. 

Ive tried to get a firearms license and a gun, but every corner i get at ive been pulled over or stopped by fully geared people who is usually 2 or more, as a Civ, i cant really beat that as they will just shoot me down with their rifles

You know the old adage - "If you can't beat em..."

Not saying the solution is to start robbing players - but often times if I'm on a run or something and I get approached/stopped the FIRST thing I think is - "this player is on this server for 1 thing: FUN"

So how will they obtain it?

• Random RP exchanges with strangers
  • Grouping with others doing the same industry you're trying  for protection or support of your role/activities
  • Affecting the play experience of another in some impactful way (GOOD OR BAD - many default to bad as it's a quick way for them to get cash at someone else's time expense - just like in real life!) 
So how do I respond?

• Always have a story - Who your character is...where they come from, why they're in Altis, their hopes/dreams (plans for higher tier gameplay...own a farm someday...run a business)
  • Be open, approachable, and not acting suspicious - extend an invitation to people to join you or be bold enough to ask to join/ally 
  • Never carry any gear or drive any vehicle I can't replace several times over! (THIS IS A BIG ONE - players forget this is Altis LIFE - you have to spend a bit of time living and progressing.
You might have to do legal, low paying, off the beaten path type stuff for MONTHS before you have earned enough to move up to the next tier of play. Robbers come in a variety of forms and some have put in years of work (or they might have been on server for 5 min and have a handgun...). Yes - its lame if they target and harass a player they have clear advantages over but remember:

The server demands  "high quality" RP from not only the robbers.... but ALSO the victim. Yes you are being inconvenienced and potentially set back... but many encounters carry opportunities if you push for them. I've been taken hostage one minute, given a gun, then asked to rob stores for their grp..etc

Sure - you're not actively gaining $...not actively getting to play the way YOU want - BUT you might make friends with that griefing grp who may let you off easier next time for 'playing along'. 

Lastly - keep that recording software handy - when all else fails and you feel wronged - no one can (will) help if there isn't clear evidence of the event in question.

Good luck friend - we're not all out there to make mischief! MANY folks here are amazing and more then willing to help ya if we see you out there. 

No thanks. The police just crush vehicles all day long. They crushed mine, after someone stole a vehicle for me so police is not for me in Arma 3
Maybe you should join to help others avoid situations like this in the future, be the change you want to see in the world.

From my experience, no one runs around just trying to send vehicles to scrap yard.

As mentioned above, being on your own can be rough sometimes, try to find a gang or a group of people to do runs with.

Rule breaks occur to everyone no matter what, they can be dealt with on teamspeak(where they can then also comp you etc too) or on the forums where staff can comp you

as for being robbed with some you can talk you way out of it, many others however you cannot. It helps to have a group with you and a gun on your back. Police & Poseidon are also good ways to go, as gear is free/covered by pay check and you always have people covering you 

Get a trade pass and do Poseidon weed, we'll protect you for a small fee xoxo
Where do I get this trade pass? and what is a "small" fee? What makes poseidon weed better than regular? Its the same island xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do I get this rade pass? and what is a "small" fee? What makes poseidon weed better than regular? Its the same island xD
You get more money per run. You can get a pass either at one of our checkpoints or at the offices in Pyrgos 

Rule breaks occur to everyone no matter what, they can be dealt with on teamspeak(where they can then also comp you etc too) or on the forums where staff can comp you

as for being robbed with some you can talk you way out of it, many others however you cannot. It helps to have a group with you and a gun on your back. Police & Poseidon are also good ways to go, as gear is free/covered by pay check and you always have people covering you 
The 3k paycheck every 15 minutes is almost nothing so gear isnt that free. A gun cost something, if i need a rifle i need to put up atleast some Ks for rebel license and a rifle and bullets aswell.

No thanks. The police just crush vehicles all day long. They crushed mine, after someone stole a vehicle from me so police is not for me in Arma 3
Police officers only crush vehicles when certain conditions are met and they deem it necessary. I don't necessarily exclude the possibility that an inexperienced officer might've crushed your vehicle without reason but again, maybe there's part of the story that you're not telling us. Anyways, this is not the place to discuss this matter.

With that being said, you're free to choose which side you wish to join but, discrediting a whole faction because of the actions of a few is a very low thing to do, especially considering you've only been here for 3 days as you mentioned.

Police officers only crush vehicles when certain conditions are met and they deem it necessary. I don't necessarily exclude the possibility that an inexperienced officer might've crushed your vehicle without reason but again, maybe there's part of the story that you're not telling us. Anyways, this is not the place to discuss this matter.

With that being said, you're free to choose which side you wish to join but, discrediting a whole faction because of the actions of a few is a very low thing to do, especially considering you've only been here for 3 days as you mentioned.
I wont stop you there, no. Since you are asking for it, I can explain myself. I got robbed, by a guy who forced me to ram him by driving in front of me, he did that twice and I had enough, tried to shoot him, he shot me. Stole all the goods and the vehicle. 20 minutes later i get a message that the police has crushed my vehicle. So I dont assume it has been in any illegal activities as I had it to transport legal goods as glass, sand etc.

I can have my own opinion about a faction if I want to. Maybe not the greatest idea, but oh boy, Ive spent alot of cash on the vehicle and as stated above, Im getting robbed all the time, so money is not on the trees, so how would you feel like to get a 275k vehicle crushed by a mistake and it cant be returned to me?

Im trying to give this game a community a chance, but for now, It has not impressed me, as this big "good" community everybody embraces. I have spent around 400hrs in Arma 3 Altis life back in the days when it came out and it was incredible and fun. I come from FiveM RP, where I have spent over 3k hrs last year in just RP gameplay and maybe Im trying to compare something is not ment to be compared with each other, but so far Ive only experience garbage "RP" and not any legitimate RP besides from the medics who actually RP with you

I wont stop you there, no. Since you are asking for it, I can explain myself. I got robbed, by a guy who forced me to ram him by driving in front of me, he did that twice and I had enough, tried to shoot him, he shot me. Stole all the goods and the vehicle. 20 minutes later i get a message that the police has crushed my vehicle. So I dont assume it has been in any illegal activities as I had it to transport legal goods as glass, sand etc.

I can have my own opinion about a faction if I want to. Maybe not the greatest idea, but oh boy, Ive spent alot of cash on the vehicle and as stated above, Im getting robbed all the time, so money is not on the trees, so how would you feel like to get a 275k vehicle crushed by a mistake and it cant be returned to me?
Unsure on where you saw me asking for it as I never did.

So you shot him after a RTC. RoLePlAy?

Not really your job to assume stuff, sounds more like a Police matter which they most likely investigated.

Truer words have never been spoken, in fact my statement was entirely different: "discrediting a whole faction because of the actions of a few is a very low thing to do"

Meh, wouldn't really care. I'll happily give you my own money if you meet me in game.

Again, not really your word to say if it was a mistake or not. Crushing orders need to be issued by supposedly competent officers. Don't get me wrong, mistakes can happen but officers are usually fairly careful when scrapping vehicles.

Finally, not gonna sit here arguing for you to join the Police, just a mere suggestion to easily get out of the hobo-life 😄

Unsure on where you saw me asking for it as I never did.

So you shot him after a RTC. RoLePlAy?

Not really your job to assume stuff, sounds more like a Police matter which they most likely investigated.

Truer words have never been spoken, in fact my statement was entirely different: "discrediting a whole faction because of the actions of a few is a very low thing to do"

Meh, wouldn't really care. I'll happily give you my own money if you meet me in game.

Again, not really your word to say if it was a mistake or not. Crushing orders need to be issued by supposedly competent officers. Don't get me wrong, mistakes can happen but officers are usually fairly careful when scrapping vehicles.

Finally, not gonna sit here arguing for you to join the Police, just a mere suggestion to easily get out of the hobo-life 😄
It was a joke as you said you cant comment on what had happened etc.

Yes I started to shoot at him(The guy tried to rob me), because he tried to RAM ME, as in breaking the rules. How else should I protect myself against everyone?

My answer is to join NHS.

Easiest type of gameplay on the server. No gunfights, no initiations, no robberies, no stress, no frustration. Pure RP experience. Once you get the hold of it, it is very easy and relaxing to drive around, talk to people and treat them.

If you don't like getting robbed, join the Altis police, go on lad, get the scummy rebels.... 

Including myself XD

Back