What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Incapacitated Changes

Paru

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Brief Summary: Change the way the radio works whilst incapacitated

Detailed Suggestion: Essentially allow players to hear their radios even when downed, handcuffed or ziptied, this would allow the players to still have some form of entertainment when waiting for a respawn or wondering if their friends will ever find them, it also would give cops some form of entertainment listening to comms whilst they're downed in a gunfight for example or some other injury.

The Pros:

Entertainment

QOL

The Cons:

Balance (Maybe not when handcuffed or ziptied?)

Dev Work

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? No

Makes sense that they carry on playing despite being downed, If in handcuffs or zip ties It'd be nice for them to also continue playing as usually the aggressor normally take the phones and radios away anyways but this leaves a chance for hope that they are not taken and you can still hear your teammates on the radio possibly coming to save you. +1 

This has its pros and cons like a clear pro is that your kept in the loop of what’s happening on your radio and keep you entertained, but the cons out weigh it for me such as it increases the chance of people using the information they have heard on radio when they respawn, it could also change the out come of rp by you staying alive longer because you know people are looking for you or you walking in a certain direction in zip ties to get saved when without the radio you wouldn’t have. All in all I think it isn’t needed on the server sure it would be nice to hear what’s going on whilst your down but I just don’t like the idea of how it can influence the rp that is created from a situation like getting zippied or dumped.   

it could also change the out come of rp by you staying alive longer because you know people are looking for you or you walking in a certain direction in zip ties to get saved when without the radio you wouldn’t have.
can easily be combatted by the "attacking party" by taking the radio like they already do

if this was added, I would also love to see radios maintaining their channel when it's taken off you!

if this was added, I would also love to see radios maintaining their channel when it's taken off you!
This actually should be do-able I think with the new metadata system of the inventory!

It would also help kidnapping police. As "They are off freq" Meta would go. overall it would be fun. can see that time i walked from cove to fallen angels in zippies more fun

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanna hear people rage when their friends drive past then 4-5 times and they're sat there knowing they can't use their radio but have to listen in despair lmao

The issue with that is that I'd most likely have to remove the Shift+H keybind and require you to have the radio taking up a hotbar slot since it'd have to store the radio channel on the actual item (which also means radios on different frequencies would never stack). The only ways that I could keep Shift+H would be if either:

1. You could only ever carry one radio at a time.

2. I make it just use whichever the last radio item which was used in the inventory was (you'd need to open it everytime you reconnect to be able to use Shift+H).

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, i wouldn't mind losing the shift+h key bind if having it on the hot bar did the same thing, i can learn to press a different key even if it might take me a couple tries.

1. You could only ever carry one radio at a time.
What would this mean for taking phones and radios off people? would it not be possible or would one simply just ''disappear''?

2. I make it just use whichever the last radio item which was used in the inventory was (you'd need to open it everytime you reconnect to be able to use Shift+H).
Having to ''open'' the radio every time you reconnect isn't really a big change in terms of habits, assuming you'd log on and press ''2'' (for example instead of shift+H) and then ''E'' to power on followed by the group freq button?

All things considered, i think it would be a sick feature regardless 🙂
@1A3

Back