What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

June Newsletter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo

Banned
3okrAZY.png

Hello Everyone and Welcome to June’s Newsletter!

Firstly, I’d like to apologize as there was no newsletter last month, however this one is going to be a bit bigger and more important than usual.

Developers:

I’m proud to announce 2 new members of the Development team!

@nomsand@SI Xsum, a massive thank-you to them as they’re going to be slaving away to make your roleplay life-servers better than ever…

Noms is our newest mission developer working on coding and map editing for Roleplay UK Life Servers. As an extra benefit, Noms loves to stream his development, so you’ll be getting the latest insider information from him by watching his personal twitch stream. https://www.twitch.tv/officialnoms

Noms joins us from another community where he was lead developer, he's done amazing work for them and we're proud to take him on board! Go check out his past broadcasts for things he's worked on! and @nomsfeel free to make an introduction below!

I think Ciaran's seat is a little worn out, but hey, we'll get you a new one!

Xsum will be working hard on making some great skins for you to play with in the near future, we’ve already seen some of his work and can’t wait to get it in your hands

Tanoa:

We are officially confirming we’re having a Tanoa Server! We’ll be releasing this publically on the Apex release date (currently dated July 11th).
Please bear in mind that to play on this server, you will need to have purchased Apex.
You can do this on steam, or the BI Store.

The Roleplay UK Framework:

@noms@and@Rathare already working away on an updated mission for Tanoa. It will be a clean start; you won’t have your vehicles or cash.

This is being created from the latest Altislife 4.4 framework set (we currently use an older version of this with lots of modifications) and this is being changed in a lot of ways for RoleplayUK, so what does this mean for the roleplay UK framework?

@Ciaranhas been working day in and day out on creating new content for our life servers by creating a lot of new and exciting features, but we’ll be moving to the Altislife 4.4 framework. There are a magnitude of reasons around this, but the main one is time, we want you guys to have the best of everything with regular updates and new content as fast as we can create it. Sadly, the Framework is still quite a way off, but the features created are still usable! These will be transferred across to the Altislife 4.4 framework that Noms and Rath are working on. Meanwhile @Ciaran is taking a step back from the life-servers and focusing more on web and system projects that support and maintain our servers. I for one would love an update to the stats panel…. Not that I’m hinting at anything.

A massive thanks to @Ciaran for all the work you've put into this community so far, we'll untie this one shackle, but your other foot and 2 arms belong to us! I can't wait to see whats next from Ciaran! 

The Future of Altis:

@Rathhas done a MASSIVE amount of work the last couple of weeks, all this whilst moving house, these will be hitting the servers soon! He's literally written massive amounts of code whilst in a starbucks, discounts anyone?

When the Tanoa mission is completed (for its release), we’ll be looking at getting this updated framework over to Altis, there are a lot of changes that need to be kept in mind. A big hint is in the vlog of Vladic Ka;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Vladic gives an insight into some special vehicles, which have a context, can you figure it out?

Support Team Applications!

We are opening support team applications tomorrow evening at 8pm! and will close midday on Sunday! 

So keep an eye on the announcements for that! I'm told that they will be dropping the age limit, and focusing on maturity, so if you're looking to be a part of the team, here's your chance to shine!

Changes to Armed Response and NCA:

There have been a few changes to the way that AR and NCA were working. This was done a few weeks ago, We're now making an amendment to say that in the event of a HM Treasury, AR and NCA are allowed to gear up in response! Once the operation is complete, they are to return their gear and patrol as normal (unless actually on an AR or NCA patrol).

This does not allow them to hand out gear to non-division members for bank ops unless they were already on a patrol for that division!

To finish:

The future’s bright for Roleplay.co.uk! With these changes, expect a lot of updates, big and small to come out in the near future.

We may be looking at a new format for these newsletters, so not only will you have a post, but there may be more content with them. I’ll be talking to our developers and media creators to make these posts a lot more interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely Brilliant! Good luck to all of the New Support Team Applicants! Congrats Xsum and Noms on Developer and thanks Rath for your work :D Newsletter Hype.

Yay newsletter! Will there still be Altis life development or will 90% of the focus be on Tanoa now

@Dr Normanafter Tanoa is released and includes some stunning features, There are further plans for Altis.

In the meantime you are stuck with me any my "edits"... Last few days I have been busy with some map changes.... Oh and can we get a #TanoaHype!3weekstogo

@Dr Normanafter Tanoa is released and includes some stunning features, There are further plans for Altis.

In the meantime you are stuck with me any my "edits"... Last few days I have been busy with some map changes.... Oh and can we get a #TanoaHype!3weekstogo
#UNMCMapUpdateHype? I notice the "map changes" you mentioned xD

All very exciting stuff regardless, I look forward to it!

So there's still gonna be some small map updates that's good. I PMed you on slack with some bugs as well as they are exploitable 

#TanoaLifeHype 

Hi guys! Thanks for the intro and thanks for making me a part of the team and more importantly a part of the community.  As Neo correctly said, I like to stream a lot when doing development work. I like having a chat, discussing what I'm doing and even take people's suggestions and feedback on board and I plan to continue that trend with #TanoaLife development.

As wilco mentioned above, we don't plan on ignoring Altis, but the focus of getting everything up to date with the 4.4 framework, getting features moved over and certain parts updated will be done with Tanoa; and once it's perfected  we'll make sure Altis gets the face lift too.

So yes, look forward to picking sugar cane, distilling rum, raiding cocoa fields, shaking coconut trees and nabbing bananas (not to mention all the non legal things...) in the coming months.

Again, thanks for the kind welcomes, and here's to a bright future for RoleplayUK

P.s. #TanoaHype

Again, thanks for the kind welcomes, and here's to a bright future for RoleplayUK
Haven't spoken to you yet, should probably do that soon ? Anyways, welcome to the Development Team, look forward to (possibly) working with you in the near future ?

Can I ask if the gear available on the tanoa server is different from Altis? I'm really hyped at the moment ?

Also thank you very much for all the hard work!

Last edited by a moderator:
@noms can British Airways please claim an airport lol #gettingBAofftheGround

Guys, is it possible for me to get Tanoa of steam?
I dont have a credit card or paypal so I cant buy online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back