What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Laptop Update

Orion Acrux

Laptop Update Proposal

Currently Laptops are either only used as an overpriced phone or only used for street racing, giving them very little use within the city. The basis of this proposal is to overhaul Laptops to give them more uses, more opportunities for RP and better quality of life features.  Including features for both civilians and criminals. Some of this may be coming in the crim update, obviously I have no idea. Welcome feedback and other ideas particularly for more civ features.

Detailed Suggestion:

Civilian Features 

• I think it would be good to have an app on the laptop called ‘property management’ which allows people to remotely manage their houses and storage containers to pay rent/council tax and order upgrades ect this would be a nice QoL feature. This would also allow business owners to manage their business remotely also.
  • Potentially business owner need to have a laptop on the to access the computers where they manage the shops/businesses 
  • Group call/conference app allowing multiple people to be in the same call, i appreciate this could be on the phone however the aim is to make more use of a laptop.

Criminal Features 

• Dark Web - The idea of having a dark web within the city would be exciting and another feature that could utilise a laptop, however i suggest that this app can not be accessed everywhere and would only be able to be accessed when in a certain location (ie lifeinvader / the farm or an office space. To gain access to the dark web people would have to use their laptop in this location and complete a hacking minigame. This would then give them temporary access (example 5 minutes). The dark web would be another version of a marketplace where gangs and people can anonymously promote selling guns/drugs.

To enable police to counteract the use of a dark web, they would as well be able to access it within the same manner however would only be able to access it when executing a warrant/legal order. This would mean they would have to build a case, conduct interviews, obtain an informant, and gain evidence by performing a sting. When they have a warrant from a judge they could then access the web making the case bigger, validating statements etc providing evidence and then shut down the web for a period of time and delete all posts.  

The minigame could be something that is already in GTA such as below

maxresdefault.jpg

• Hacking App

A hacking app on the laptop would also be very good, giving more minigames to the city and a way to gain access to certain areas other than LC69 or picking. For example, a government building or certain doors within the building could operate on a fingerprint system requiring people to hack into the door. 

The hacking app could also be a new and different method of disabling vehicle trackers, both on civilian and police vehicles, obviously having a more difficult mini game for police vehicles. 

maxresdefault.jpg

arokejh7kl541.jpg

The Pros:

Give more Varity in minigame more opportunities for  better/more RP

The Cons:

a lot of Dev work (apologise)

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Not that I can think of

Hi, sorry can you explain the Police side of it more? I don't understand how we'd get info like this to obtain this access and how that woudl work? Cna you go into detail as to how this would work perhaps give an example? Seems a bit overpowered if you ask me that crims get this untouchable evil tweedle over standard Tweedle. 

never made sense to me why laptops were so much money with so little things to do with it , would most definitely add some much needed content that would fit in quite well with crim update whenever it comes out . +1 from me

Hi, sorry can you explain the Police side of it more? I don't understand how we'd get info like this to obtain this access and how that woudl work? Cna you go into detail as to how this would work perhaps give an example? Seems a bit overpowered if you ask me that crims get this untouchable evil tweedle over standard Tweedle. 
Hey sorry my suggestion isn't too clear.  I don't feel the a dark web would massively benefit or overpower crims, the objective is to have a secretive place they can market drugs guns or arrange/recruit people for heists. The app wouldn't be exclusive to criminals anyone could access it, however to access it you would need to be in a particular location. In regards to police tackling this my thought was simply they would have to find out from either word of mouth or and informant. From this information they would then need to build up a legit case of interest and present this to either the courts to get a warrant or permission from command to access the dark web.  Upon accessing it police could either shut in down for a set time which would remove all posts or use the information to plan a sting/interception!  creating more RP opportunities 

Another idea I had was if there were multiple points you could access the dark web, when someone does access it police got a dispatch however doesn't state where, meaning they could attend one of the place as have had report of suspicious behaviour, and RP from there 
I am open to people adding to the suggestion 

Group call/conference app allowing multiple people to be in the same call, i appreciate this could be on the phone however the aim is to make more use of a laptop.
This is already something I did a few months ago for the phone however I haven't gotten around to testing it yet since I've been focusing on other stuff.

This is already something I did a few months ago for the phone however I haven't gotten around to testing it yet since I've been focusing on other stuff.
Awesome that is good to know! I've seen your the wizz when it comes to the phone would really like to see more uses for laptops

Back