What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Limit how many officers can attend a scene.

SteveStacy

Donator
Donator
This server is all about fun roleplay for both parties involved however by allowing an uncapped amount of police to attend a scene, for example a shop robbery, this really doesn't feel like it. I think there should be a new RULE added where only a certain amount of police, depending on the level of crime, can actually go to the scene. I've seen this rule in place in other servers and it makes it much more balanced. The server is already heavily biased towards police so i think this will help even it out for the 'criminals' in the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like a nightmare to enforce or abide by. Imagine responding to something and seeing a bunch of other police there and having to add them up before deciding if you can stay or not, or co-ordinate via radio. Not been police on this server but it sounds like it would be not a good time.

I appreciate the reasoning behind it, but as Joe said, it would be next to impossible to orchestrate, and would end in constant pointless reports because someone showed up and incorrectly counted or something. -1

Would you also put a cap on how many crims can attend a scene? Otherwise all you need to get away with a robbery is more dudes than the police are allowed

Would you also put a cap on how many crims can attend a scene? Otherwise all you need to get away with a robbery is more dudes than the police are allowed
why i said depending on the level of risk, if there's a fuck ton of gang members robbing a shop obviously the risk increases therefore allowing more police to attend

his sounds like a nightmare to enforce or abide by. Imagine responding to something and seeing a bunch of other police there and having to add them up before deciding if you can stay or not, or co-ordinate via radio. Not been police on this server but it sounds like it would be not a good time.
I respectfully disagree, it's as simple as asking on radio what units are attending, then checking how many are in that unit 

Just seems like a poor way to force a already strained police force to micromanage situations, let things flow organically or maybe do stuff outside of the main city
giphy.gif

All for it,

Would need to be balanced both ways however, limit how many crims can be involved as well as cops, maybe even give the cops more officers that are able to attend to keep the idea that the police are a government organisation and as such have more resources and are more powerful but still keep them limited.

I.e. 6 crims can be involved in a robbery but 8-9 cops can respond.

In terms of managing this, this would surely fall under the dispatcher role that was added a while back, when a dispatcher isn't around it would just fall under common sense, if I respond to a situation and i see 4 cars there already, its probably safe to assume there's already enough police present and I can carry on patrolling somewhere else.

The only other thing that would need some though would be what happens if an officer presses his panic button, you could possibly have it so the panic only goes to officers in a certain radius (only a quick idea would probably need more thought behind it)

The key to this working and being fair however, if it were to become a thing is it being a rule for both sides, not just the police.

The key to this working and being fair however, if it were to become a thing is it being a rule for both sides, not just the police.
Agreed. I would have thought officers would find it more fun if there was only 3 police cars chasing a suspect and not 8 units and NPAS but evidently not

+1

I feel like the best way to make fair is have only a few units show up(depending on what's going on eg show robbery or gang war would ofc require different amounts of units) police can always call backup to sit. Its crazy seeing 8 cars show up to a shop robbery way to OP. 

Hey Steve, +1 and -0.5

I get where you're coming from, I want to preface and say I don't think this is the solution, but I do think maybe there's a solution that lies within. I get the frustration with you go to a shop, begin to rob it, and 4 units show up at once. This isn't necessarily unrealistic as at least in the United States, single officer response is becoming a thing of the past. But, it's a game. So, I can see how it's unbalanced for criminals in a way. Maybe a delay in the alarm, say once you're 60% done robbing the shop it gives the police a dispatch. That way if you hear a siren, you can bail and still not be at a complete loss. The police have methods to investigate shop robberies even after people leave the scene so that would increase the long-term police RP but also allowing criminals a buffer. Let me know what you think, maybe we can get to an idea or solution that's a happy medium. I think the idea as you've first posted it would just be a logistical nightmare and would end up as a reportfest. 

Its crazy seeing 8 cars show up to a shop robbery way to OP.
literally, I always see posts about making 'fun' RP for BOTH parties involved but when i try to do something as simple as a shop robbery i get 6 police cars and NPAS, it's a complete turn off and ruins crim RP

Doesn't seem needed really. We tend to self-moderate a lot of responses and will typically clear from situations that already have a lot of officers involved -- unless it's a panic or shots fired etc. It'll get tedious to start counting the number of officers/units in a situation and will just lead to a lot more QE requests if criminals miscount or Police miscount. 

But, it's a game. So, I can see how it's unbalanced for criminals in a way
Hello mate, this is what I think it ultimately comes down to, It's a game. The RP should be fun for both sides, as of right now its in complete favour of the police. I think there should be rules inplace to keep the police in check. Making it seem like it will be 'too hard' or 'too complicated' is just a complete cop-out.

Doesn't seem needed really. We tend to self-moderate a lot of responses and will typically clear from situations that already have a lot of officers involved -- unless it's a panic or shots fired etc. It'll get tedious to start counting the number of officers/units in a situation and will just lead to a lot more QE requests if criminals miscount or Police miscount. 
'Self-Moderate', this is ridiculous. I've seen at least 8 police cars follow a taxi before, it should be taken higher than just the RP police. Again, saying it is 'too complicated' is a cop-out, it is very simple to check and ask on radio what units are attending, then checking how many officers are attached to said unit. 

I actually vaguely remember something like this from Arma, so many officers had to be on to do certain things like rob the treasury. If an officer got off in the middle of it and it dipped below the threshold, they couldn't rob it anymore. I remember people getting reported for this all the time. Not exactly what you're talking about, but numbers management would be a pretty big challenge to do efficiently. 

Had this on a server I helped with before and it was a pain in the arse to manage, if say the cap is 10 cops can appear at a bank robbery

15 turn up responding to the dispatch, now the 15 have to decide and discuss who leaves depending on rank and who is needed, slowing down the RP as the cops discuss, making it less fun for all

Another headache this can bring is reports, let's say 10 cap is at the bank, it all goes to shit a panic is pressed... Everyone can attend a panic suddenly there's 30 police at the bank, I 100% guarantee that a report will then go up saying the police broke the cap rule but now the report takes forever for 30 officers to respond with who attended what part and what the reason was and so on

And you can't really cap a panic as it's pretty much all hands on deck for a reason

Also 100% not realistic, I know it's a game and all but if I was in my shop and it was being robbed and I dispatch for police, i don't want them spending the next 10 mins deciding who is coming to save my ass

Question to all the police downvoting this, can you explain why? I truly don't see how this can be a negative at all, unless you just want an easy "win". If a bank was being robbed by 3 people, and 9 police officers are allowed to attend the scene, it allows for extended roleplay, as the robbers aren't completely overrun. It makes it more enjoyable for the officers, they're actually getting involved and aren't just in the background, the chase would also be extended. In terms of the 'balance' towards crims, it makes it so there's a genuine likelihood of escape and better RP. It's literally a win win for both parties involved, think of it from a neutral POV and not in the eyes of police.

robbery is more dudes than the police are allowed
Use your common sense mate, if, for example, a gang of 10 people rob a bank, obviously that would increase the risk factor and change the amount of officers needed to respond

your suggestion is basically invoking rule-play. If you have an issue with the amount of officers showing up, do what I do when I'm on as crim and plan a decent escape strategy. There are plenty of times when buildings have been surrounded and people have managed to get away - all because they've used decent roleplay and good initiative to avoid capture.

your suggestion is basically invoking rule-play.
'invoking rule-play', no fella, it's becoming stale having a shite ton of officers pull up on the simplest of activities. I'm merely suggesting ways to make it more fun for both sides. 

There are plenty of times when buildings have been surrounded and people have managed to get away - all because they've used decent roleplay and good initiative to avoid capture.
This is actually comical. 

'invoking rule-play', no fella, it's becoming stale having a shite ton of officers pull up on the simplest of activities. I'm merely suggesting ways to make it more fun for both sides. 

This is actually comical. 
to be fair i have to agree it would be Rule Play as if there was 1 more there than allowed OOC would be full of, you have to many one needs to leave or i wil be reporting its against the rules to have X amount and then its just a mess, sorry steve

Back