What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Mayor Meeloo

Meeloo

MelonOverlordOfJustice
Hello there!

So as it seems, I have been elected to be mayor! I want to thank everyone who voted for me to make this possible. I wish to set things in motion for the benefit of the island and the people. Now most Mayors in the past would say this and want to only do the things that benefit them, not everyone.​

Therefor I wish for everyone to voice what they want from the police, the NHS and of course, me. Voicing your opinion is something that you should be allowed to do always, without fearing that someone who doesn't agree with said opinion will target you. ​

Everyone has the right to say what they want. I will not be making decisions without the peoples opinion. You live on this island and you have the right to decide what you want on the island. The only time I will decide on something, will be when it is clearly in interest for the people of Altis.​

I hope everyone is happy with my election. There will be some who aren't, but it comes with the game. I hope to see you all around the island!​

Voice your opinions, for it is in your interest.

Higher paychecks for the NHS, I want a holiday house at the lake! 

I voted for you :D. First thing is to host a party at 10 Kavala street in the light of your success! 

Howdy Mayor Meeloo,

I had the brief pleasure of your company before the Island took a short nap.  Then, I had to fly back to the states for a meeting so I didn’t have the opportunity to have a chat with you.  So here goes nothin…

*Mayor* - I wish to set things in motion for the benefit of the island and the people. Now most Mayors in the past would say this and want to only do the things that benefit them, not everyone.

** As a new citizen to the Island, the first part of your sentence makes me feel like you are genuinely interested in the residents of the Island, and what’s best for them.  As to the second part regarding former x-mayors, and even some up-in coming people running for mayor, yes, it seemed some former x-mayors had their own best interest, or the interest of their favored establishment in heart, rather then the good citizens of the island.  It appeared as though they wanted a dictatorship and totalitarian society, rather than a democracy.  Which, in my humble opinion, would destroy the Economic structure of the island, turning it into a war zone wear-by the citizens would be overrun by the criminal environment.

** It would be nice to see a more balanced Economic structure were there were limits to how many gangs, rebel groups, etc. could be formed on the island because as it stands, it seems that there are more people interested in killing, robing, and so forth, than just enjoying a good honest life on the island.  It’s sad really, that a normal citizen cannot walk down the street without fear of being robbed, or killed just for the fun of it…

*Mayor* - I wish for everyone to voice what they want from the police, the NHS and of course, me. Voicing your opinion is something that you should be allowed to do always, without fearing that someone who doesn't agree with said opinion will target you.  Everyone has the right to say what they want. I will not be making decisions without the people’s opinion. You live on this island and you have the right to decide what you want on the island. The only time I will decide on something, will be when it is clearly in interest for the people of Altis.

** I agree. Every citizen should have a voice, and it’s every citizen’s duty to exercise their right to speak, and to question their leaders.  After all, if things are as they should be, it’s up to each citizen to do their part for the betterment of the island as a whole.

*Mayor* - I hope everyone is happy with my election. There will be some who aren't.

Negative connotations come with the territory I guess.  I suspect, mostly the criminal side, as a mayor who wants to give the power back to the people, it’s not conducive for the criminals who want to take over the island.  I, for one, are happy you were elected, and look forward to seeing some positive changes on the island.

Here is a list of what I would like to see:  This may or may not upset a few people, but it’s my personal opinions, and as a citizen of the island, I am entitled to speak.

For the good men and women that serve and protect the island;

More pay

Housing and property benefits.

Bonuses for hours of service.

Maybe community events were the public can come and interact with and get to know them.

A new IA division to catch and stop the corruption in the police force.

A special, elite squad to deal with more serious situations on the island, so that the police can concentrate on protecting the people.

For the good citizens of the island;

A higher paycheck

More safe zones, or at least expand the current ones

Easier access to the Mayor, and city officials

A faster way to dial 999 in the event of a robbery or emergency

For the fair and honest gangs, rebels, cartels etc.

I have heard that over the years, it has become harder and harder for said factions to make a living, due to cutbacks in percentages, and higher operating costs.  Maybe said percentages can be increased, and operating costs reduced.

>> Harsh penalties for said factions and or any of their members who violate a citizen without good quality, and proper RP.  To many people running around killing and robbing just because they think it’s fun, failing to recognize that there is a real person on the other end, and that person deserves respect.  Well, most of them anyway.  And to destroy someone’s day, and cause them to no longer wish to play, or make them feel bad is simply WRONG!  Make these factions accountable for their members actions.

In Conclusion:

The island should be a place were residents and visitors alike from around the world can come and have fun, meet new people, make new friends, and have high quality RP, without fear that every step they take, could be their last, or being afraid that just trying to make a living, they could, and will most likely lose everything.

Good luck Mayor

cc

What on earth is happening?! God help us all! I'll be hiding under the covers for the next few weeks till this madness blows over!!

Back