What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Metagaming of name within the PNC & prison system (FIVEM)

Nazgul

Investor
Investor
Detailed Rule Suggestion:

so bit of back story (I made a new character early hours of this morning 01/08/21 ditched my id card did some stuff got arrested taken to MRPD no ID and told fake names my actual name never given out to anyone in the city only I and I alone know my name so I'm in prison I get in contact with a officer whom sounded high ranked who says my name my real character name like its common knowledge and refuses to say how he got my name and pokes fun at how he got it.) 

so the rule suggestions is that there is something within the PNC or prison system that tells police our real character name even though our real names have not been told this is major meta gaming for police as they get our names on illegitimate way abusing a flaw within the system which needs to be stopped as this has ruined my intentions for my characters way of roleplay

Outline how your rule will improve the server/community:

this rule will help gangs and criminals that wish to remain anonymous to the police through fake names by stopping police from getting our real names through a flaw in the PNC and prison system

Think about any bad points your rule suggestion might have:

there are no bad points about this. this should not be a viable way to get a name

What punishment if any should breach of this rule have:

similar to metagaming and police disciplinary action to the officer that dose this this shouldn't be acceptable for RPUK nor the LSPD 

I feel this has side tracked a bit the suggestion is to stop a flaw in the prison system of giving away your name when none knows it which is meta gaming if police use this to identify you I can understand due to limitations for police to identifying someone is small but using this shouldn’t be allowed if police can’t identify someone through ID number plate etc I’d recommend putting a suggestion in to the development team to allow you to access phones and other things that could give you identity

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel this has side tracked a bit the suggestion is to stop a flaw in the prison system of giving away your name when none knows it which is meta gaming if police use this to identify you I can understand due to limitations for police to identifying someone is small but using this shouldn’t be allowed if police can’t identify someone through ID number plate etc I’d recommend putting a suggestion in to the development team to allow you to access phones and other things that could give you identity
Maybe slightly sidetracked. But the point being if you're in prison, you're going to be end up being identified before you go in. Once you're in, you're likely identifiable to prison staff and police at that point. IRL you'll have an Arrest Summary and Disposal on your PNC record. Your issue was police knew who you were, without you giving the details but if you're within HMP's 4 walls is it reasonable to say you would have been put in there without police knowing who you are? I don't think so.

Adjusting/creating a rule that means you can remain unidentifiable as part of your character at this stage of the justice system firstly doesn't make sense, and just opens up the opportunity for poor balance (as it will just get over used, just like everything else on the server that's 'overdone' or 'overused' that throws things out of balance) in my opinion.

I am 100% supporting your efforts of character avoiding being identified up to the point your arrested, but there is obviously a point between arrest and prison where more would happen IRL to identify you, which is not available in game and some artistic licence needs to be considered on what would happen here.

Last edited by a moderator:
After my earlier comments and seeing the discussion continue, I am in agreement with @jasonO.

He makes some good points and it would be ruining and delaying the police's RP in situations like this. Yes, it can be abused, but that's where those officers can be reported for doing so for investigation.

Everything does have to be taken with a pinch of salt and police in game provided with another means of identifying people, even if it does seem unfair in the way it sometimes is used.

Maybe slightly sidetracked. But the point being if you're in prison, you're going to be end up being identified before you go in. Once you're in, you're likely identifiable to prison staff and police at that point. IRL you'll have an Arrest Summary and Disposal on your PNC record. Your issue was police knew who you were, without you giving the details but if you're within HMP's 4 walls is it reasonable to say you would have been put in there without police knowing who you are? I don't think so.

Adjusting/creating a rule that means you can remain unidentifiable as part of your character at this stage of the justice system firstly doesn't make sense, and just opens up the opportunity for poor balance (as it will just get over used, just like everything else on the server that's 'overdone' or 'overused' that throws things out of balance) in my opinion.

I am 100% supporting your efforts of character avoiding being identified up to the point your arrested, but there is obviously a point between arrest and prison where more would happen IRL to identify you, which is not available in game and some artistic licence needs to be considered on what would happen here.
Well I was taken to prison with my name not being known by the police to my knowledge but I know I haven’t told anyone my name. But I can see your argument what needs to happen then is that police are given more equipment to use to identify people ether through phones and bank details what ever they can find on the person that has been detained or arrested but I believe it is wrong for the prison to show your actual character name when no player knows it if your put in prison and have given fake names then you would be under that name in prison if that how it would work in police I was in for a small amount only a prob pc so my knowledge is very limited but is it alright for the police to get your name out of role play through a system that is unintentionally meta gaming. Another point I can argue and agree with power gaming staying anonymous to police it’s not really power gaming to hide your real identity it’s just your style of role play but I can see it as power gaming if you have no other means to identify someone if they give fake names and no ID on them (if that all makes sense) but I think there is a self conclusion to this rule suggest with the valid points already have been put out.

that being police need more equipment and better abilities to identify someone who has no ID on them such as through a phone or anything with a name on it (like in real life)

and the prison needs to be fixed / police rules need to be updated so that this can’t be used to identify someone as it’s out of role play and nothing was done to achieve the identity of said person.

if all that makes sense

Back