What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

MiniGames for Fruit Picking need removing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zulu77

The mini game for fruit picking needs removing, with the previous system there was no way to fruit pick 'afk' anyway so I don't see why it is now challenging to pull an apple, orange or banana from a tree. If the mini game is to not be removed then the game needs to either be slower, or the amount you get should be 20 or 30 pieces of fruit for hitting all 3 parts of the game. 

Pros

More realistic, plus smoothies are already a huge grind to make. 

Cons

Dev work

I was thinking the same about any mechanic work, you can't AFK repair anything, and it's still getting in the way of RP.

Maybe have it so the game runs continuously until your fill your inventory. So if you keep hitting the skill check then you will never need to re-interact with the fruit tree and it will just go until there is no more space.

I was thinking the same about any mechanic work, you can't AFK repair anything, and it's still getting in the way of RP.
Preventing AFK is only one reason, the main reason is you need the skills to be able to do the task. How is it getting in the way of RP?

Preventing AFK is only one reason, the main reason is you need the skills to be able to do the task. How is it getting in the way of RP?
I know this question wasn't directed at me but one of the reasons I feel it interferes with roleplay is that talking and using /me is impossible with the minigame especially for mechanics, the progress bar made it easier to just talk and use /me .

In my opinion with resource gathering and mechanic work it's not needed, lockpicking it suits it so well.

+1 , For the fruit picking I don't feel it is nessesary, however for all other implimentations that I have seen EG: Reparing, cleaning... I believe it is a great Idea to add a challange to these skilled jobs. The physical annimation shows what you are doing, cleaning, fixing so for me, I don't feel the need to use /me in these circumstances, however this is my personal preferance/opinion.

I haven't tried fruit picking, but after doing some oil picking it was much quicker with the minigame than it was before

Yes I just want to re-emphasis this was ONLY aimed at Fruit Picking. It takes away from the RP because it requires little to no skill to pull fruit from a tree and the fact that you can fail to pull fruit from a tree is ridiculous. It has made the grind so much harder. However the mini game is extremely good for the skills that do require skill I.e. fixing a car, hacking etc etc, just not fruit picking. Thanks guys for all your input!

@1A3

I know this question wasn't directed at me but one of the reasons I feel it interferes with roleplay is that talking and using /me is impossible with the minigame especially for mechanics, the progress bar made it easier to just talk and use /me .

In my opinion with resource gathering and mechanic work it's not needed, lockpicking it suits it so well.
What Mark said.   Other than resource gathering, and lock picking, this addition was unnecessary for everything short of eating and drinking.

Im confused on how this is a detriment, if you fail the tasks, (after first) it takes the normal time and you get the normal amount (before the game was implemented) for every round after that it gives you more items so Im confused on how this is a disadvantage and more of an issue. When this was tested, it was proven it gives more over time as well so again I am confused on how this makes the grind worse.

Im confused on how this is a detriment, if you fail the tasks, (after first) it takes the normal time and you get the normal amount (before the game was implemented) for every round after that it gives you more items so Im confused on how this is a disadvantage and more of an issue. When this was tested, it was proven it gives more over time as well so again I am confused on how this makes the grind worse.
Hi Mate, Because with fruitpicking level 10 you pretty much got 10 apples each time anyway but now with the mini game, the max you can still get is 10 even if you hit all 3 and if you fail 2 you get none at all. otherwise you have got to wait for the game to spin 3 times with fruit to get what you normally would anyway. it just seems that there is no benefit of the fruit picking minigame at all and just makes the process longer.

Just to Re-add to this aswell @Paintif you fail when fruitpicking, you don't get any fruit at all, you have to at least get 2 of the mini-game to be able to pick anything. Maybe this is a bug?

The problem with this could be that people don't have that specific type of skill. There are people that struggle to even complete 1 set of task and they now get punished that's to this little game. This does get in the way of rp-ing, this can make it that the person isn't capable of doing their share towards others.

You do get the point there are people that do fail this constantly, the struggle of trying to complete something that you yourself already know isn't gonna be completed. 

Personally this mini game gives me the feeling that I became useless and I cannot complete a mini game without stressing myself out or panicking. This mini game feels like a punishment on my own being.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally this for fruit picking isn't needed, its just adding stress to an already tedious task of picking fruit, some of the circles are so fast its ridiculous.

After completing the first ring and failing the second it doesn't give any fruit

After completing the second but failing the third it gives some fruit

After completing all three it give fruit but sometimes less than just completing the second ring and failing the third.

The yields should be increased.

My proposal

1 ring completed - 10 fruit

2 rings completed - 20 fruit

3 rings completed - 30 fruit

Or remove the minigame for fruit picking and keep the yields as is, its not like fruit picking can be done AFK anyways.

Picking fruit isn't a hard task to do IRL, this minigame for it is just adding stress and frustration.

As it stands the minigame has been introduced for no benefit, there's no increase in the amounts of fruit gathered by completing and @Paintstated you get the normal amounts if you fail anyway, so why have it implemented if it doesn't provide any benefit for the amount of fruit gained.

ngl last time i picked fruit was much slower than with this minigame.

ngl last time i picked fruit was much slower than with this minigame.
Same here.

Although the minigame may be tedious at times, I am still overall getting fruit faster than previously so I don't see it as that big an issue.

Same here.

Although the minigame may be tedious at times, I am still overall getting fruit faster than previously so I don't see it as that big an issue.
yeah spent an hour in prison in that hour i picked 500 fruit and made 50 smoothies in one go. Big up davy

Ok, I may have tried it... It may be... slightly difficult...

200.gif

Ok, I may have tried it... It may be... slightly difficult...

In my experience regarding the whole mini game system is a great idea espiecally when it is faster to complete after you do more of the circles, but I find some of the rotations are just impossibly fast to hit. But saying this I don't know if speeds of the rotations are different depending if you are fruit picking, fixing a car, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back