What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Mining Pickaxe - Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Staff Team
Staff Team
Hello,

Getting straight to the point with the pickaxe and what I want to suggest and hear everyone's opinions on.

When I'm mining my camera keeps moving super close to my character to the point where I cannot see anything because the pickaxe is a item that doesn't let the camera stay 3rd person, you can move it but as soon as the pickaxe swings the camera goes back to inside the character.

This makes it frustrating to see what is around you and also when you mine and someone tries to get past they get caught on the pickaxe making it hard to move in the mines as it is a tight space.

One thing as well is the noise, I feel like im stabbing someone over and over again and it's a weird noise, I would've expected a hitting metal sound, like ARK when you hit rocks with a pickaxe.

This is just my opinion I am very thankful for the developers for making it so mining is back to where you can hold E again, but I think these little tweaks would be amazing for us miners.

I dont see any pros or cons other than dev work.

What's your opinion on this matter?

I can agree, the sound that is made while mining is a bit off putting having it sound like you're mining into flesh rather than rock often having myself look around to make sure nobody is getting stabbed. I've also had issues when running materials out of the mine getting hooked into people's pickaxes and pulled into the wall both moving myself around and also messing with the third person camera which can be disorienting most of the time.

I would be happy we go back to the old system of the mining drill, I never had one issue

I would be happy we go back to the old system of the mining drill, I never had one issue
I did suggest this in my original post that got mining changed back but it was changed.

Mining Drill was the great OG way

The original suggestion was here: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Having experienced this, I get frustrated by it so upvote for me.

Having experienced this, I get frustrated by it so upvote for me.
Genuinely does get on my nerves a bit, when you're mining and then boom it just keep you in one view unless you move your camera constantly, I have found one angle where you can sit and not be affected by the pickaxe but it's still as bad.

The OG mining drill was much better, in my opinion the mines did not have to be changed but again I don't know what is being said behind closed doors, could've been a good reason brought up, just will never know!

Implemented

The sound is linked to the animation so isn't fixable unless we change the animation however the camera moving/people getting pushed has been fixed.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back