What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

More details for phone calls and messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown

Unlinked
Brief Summary:

Give out more detailed records of phone calls and messages, let the players have the ability to see incoming / outgoing phone records and let messages stay on the phone for longer before they are gone.

Detailed Suggestion:

Let the players have the option to see phone logs as to when they were called not just the last call. If you look at picture 1.1 you can see when you were last called but not the time difference between them or the amount they called. I suggest that you can either have one more option when right clicking the contact as you can see in picture 1.2 which would be 'phone logs' where you will simply see the call direction in or out, time of the call and date.

As for phone messages, I suggest that you will instead of seeing: seconds, minutes, hours and days, that you will instead get the date and a rough time of the message. And as a final note to have the messages stay on your phone for longer and increase the maximum messages you can have one a phone if it's not increased / removed already.

86d11ee53d954b9ac1b4067ed15b7879.png

77cbaf888f9c12e097eaadd6a854c094.png

TL;DR

-Detailed records of incoming and outgoing phone calls with date and times

-A date and time stamped to each message

-Make messages stay on the phone for longer before being deleted

-Increase the cap on messages (From 250)

The Pros:

Makes in easier for people like business owners, solicitors and others that deal with a lot of phone calls and messages to know if they were called a lot in a short period of time and to know a better time and date of the call, same goes for messages giving more details to better sort out a lot of messages

The Cons:

Dev time

-Make messages stay on the phone for longer before being deleted

-Increase the cap on messages (From 250)
Messages don't automatically delete and there isn't technically a max, when you join the server it fetches your latest 250 messages (for performance reasons) which is why you most likely think some messages have disappeared, if you deleted some messages and reconnected you would see the older messages re-appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Messages don't automatically delete and there isn't technically a max, when you join the server it fetches your latest 250 messages (for performance reasons)
Thanks for clearing that up, is there a particular reason as to it being only 250 messages as I do not have much experience with dev work but I would imagen that text would reduce the performance by much.

I would imagine that the texts wouldn't reduce the performance by much
The more that is fetched from the database, the longer it takes to execute however I'll up it to 350 for now and see how it goes. In regards to the other parts of this suggestion they seem like good ideas which I'll have a look into.

Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back