What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

More vehicle metadata

Bobinz

Developer
Dev Team
This is probably a step for a suggestion that can evolve during time.

The first step would be adding a data to the specifications of the car showing when the car was first bought. Something like, 1st registration date: 04/02/2022.

Advantages:
- I believe this could create really nice RP, as people would be able to see "how old" the car is when buying or selling.
- This would promote the sell of cars from a dealership, as the would be recognized as "brand new cars"

This could be a first step into distinguishing new and old cars.
And it could open the doors for possible more ideas (for other suggestion threads):
- introduction of kilometers/milage the car has driven
- service ( after X amount of milage you need service - like oil change)
- creation of old timers, possible increasing the value of certain cars.
- making cars less expensive as they are used more and more.
- tracking the number of times the car was repaired
- insurances (?)
- ... any many many more

Does this change the balance of the server?
No, not at all. This suggestion merely a cosmetic change

Can't you already tell when a vehicle was purchased from the number plate?

Can't you already tell when a vehicle was purchased from the number plate?
You can, but it is not easy to understand. I remember I got told once how it works but tbh I can’t remember at this point. Having a system for it would be a lot easier for especially new players, and current!

You can, but it is not easy to understand. I remember I got told once how it works but tbh I can’t remember at this point. Having a system for it would be a lot easier for especially new players, and current!
From what I recall and I don't know it worked with old plates like AABD 168

I recall it being like this AA01 AAB

A - the year a=21 b=22 c=23 d=24

A - this is the month so this only goes A-L

01 - the day if the month

AAB - this just seems to +1 for each sale so you can have thousands of car sales each day but don't signify to much info really unless your trying to figure out the counter it's why if you buy a few cars at the same time they usually are just one letter higher

Last edited by a moderator:
What about custom plates? While not regular it is still possible. And afaik, but I may be wrong, there is no way in game to see the original plate to get the date again.

Besides, as i mentioned, a registration date could open the doors for a lot of more stuff and argument within RP. I didn't knew how the plate related to the date and not every one will know that.

Back