What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Mute Music Option in F1 Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Staff Team
Staff Team
I think this is quite self-explanatory with the title but I will go into a bit more detail,

The only way to mute the music is to go onto streamer mode and this makes it so tweedle is blurred out, frequency is blurred out - I was wondering if it would be too much to ask for a music mute on the F1 menu?

For example when roleplaying sometimes you have to run away from the jukebox because you cannot hear anyone or in general if it's an annoying song I feel like being able to mute music through F1 would be a great add to the server.

Let me know your thoughts and opinions whether you feel like this is a broken suggestion or a decent one.

I like the idea in general but maybe even a volume adjuster that is in the F1 may help? Because then everyone can have the music set to their preference. 

Not outright against, but I do like everyone's experience in-game to be as similar as possible to keep immersion. Sometimes music can become part of roleplay, e.g. mentioned in conversations, or used to cover up the sound of other actions.

Have you thought about trying to deal with it within roleplay? I don't know laws inside and out, but could go like:

1. Request they turn the jukebox down;
  2. If nothing is done, or you're not in a position to request this, call the police for public disturbance.

I'd like to believe most people would happily accomodate.

Should say I appreciate streamer mode already does this, but that's more due to there being no other way to tackle copyright problems jukeboxes bring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not outright against, but I do like everyone's experience in-game to be as similar as possible to keep immersion. Sometimes music can become part of roleplay, e.g. mentioned in conversations, or used to cover up the sound of other actions.

Have you thought about trying to deal with it within roleplay? I don't know laws inside and out, but could go like:

1. Request they turn the jukebox down;
  2. If nothing is done, or you're not in a position to request this, call the police for public disturbance.

I'd like to believe most people would happily accomodate.

Should say I appreciate streamer mode already does this, but that's more due to there being no other way to tackle copyright problems jukeboxes bring.
I think within roleplay no one will turn it down, I have asked multiple times within roleplay for the party to turn it down and they just laugh -

With police I don't think that is necessary - every-time I have contacted police it's usually a 4/10 chance they will respond (I get that they have other dispatches)

I just think it'll help roleplay more than anything to have a mute music option because when you're trying to roleplay with someone it's a lot of effort to go through all that.

As richard said it would be nice to see the ability to adjust music volume. I think it would be reasonable to have a mute option so you can better have a conversation with someone, irl you would be able to lean in and speak louder and closer to someone which is basically what would be happening if there was a mute option. +1

You can actually go onto your volume settings and look for processes using volume, jukeboxes are playing sound from FiveM Chromium subprocess. You can lower this volume and still keep your game volume by only turning down the jukeboxes. I do not know as of yet if the subprocess controls any other volume aspects of the server but this is a quick fix to lower the volume if it is extremely loud.

unknown.png

You can actually go onto your volume settings and look for processes using volume, jukeboxes are playing sound from FiveM Chromium subprocess. You can lower this volume and still keep your game volume by only turning down the jukeboxes. I do not know as of yet if the subprocess controls any other volume aspects of the server but this is a quick fix to lower the volume if it is extremely loud.

I have done this I think it does radio/phone volume as well - that is why I suggested the F1 option, i've done it before and it is an easy fix but also you need to turn it back up!

It controls stuff including radio clicks, jukeboxes, phone ringtone/notifications etc

-1 I'm against this only as I've used music in the past to disguise having a private conversation in places, only as your voice can travel through walls very easily, through buildings and walls.

Also feel like it would be something people would have off all the time unless there at an event playing music, 

(My own opinion and not of the staff team) 

-1 I'm against this only as I've used music in the past to disguise having a private conversation in places, only as your voice can travel through walls very easily, through buildings and walls.
This suggestion is actually a great idea in my opinion as it could even be done so you can turn the volume up for yourself if it's too low and down if it's too high without affecting other people. Also like Isak said people can use the volume mixer currently (even though it also turns down other stuff) which basically does the same this as what this could do and like Hugh said streamer mode turns it off too (even though a lot of people have streamer mode disabled due to that). Plus if you are having a private conversation then you should probably go on whisper away from where everyone is?

(My own opinion and not of the dev team)

Also feel like it would be something people would have off all the time unless there at an event playing music, 

(My own opinion and not of the staff team) 
First of all I think it's unrealistic to hear through walls, it's like many of times I've been a Triad turf and someone just speaking on shout while being kidnapped I legit just ignore it because no way shape or form would I be able to hear (clearly) what they are saying unless they are right by the wall/door while I am close enough.

And as someone with sensitivity issues I cannot sometimes distinguish what the other person is saying and in general I get confused and it gets frustrating, it's like when I bartended at Galaxy I wanted to roleplay at the best I could, I had drinks on me and listed them out and they would ask for the drink and I wouldn't be able to hear them.

I can see how others would take that opportunity hearing through walls but I genuinely just wanted to suggest it as with my sensitivity issues with my ears it could help me and possibly others.

I think possibly there should be a rule about gathering information through closed doors/walls because realistically you couldn't gather clear information like "Okay we are hitting (insert organisation) on this day at this time".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back