What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

My Police Rant

just want to add a point on the baiting part.

Half the times with fuel station robberies. People can cry about it being baiting. But iv never seen anyone be banned for it. If you want to rob a fuel station you dont do it for the gunfight you normally just do it for the money. This was only a rule on fuel stations before the money got increased. So if cops say its baiting now. id just refer them to a staff member.

Not really had a chance to read the whole of the post But i can say i agree with most of your points. But at the end of the day if you think police are breaking police rules why are you not making a PCC or telling higher ups to get rules enforced?

This happens with hostage operations as well, to give an example we had a CI hostage just the other day with cops following us in full chase. We warned them that if they did not stop the chase he would be executed, and of course they didn't. This happens far too often, and civilian hostages should be just as important as cop hostages, as I find that sometimes cops don't value civilian lives' either.
I agree that hostage's need to be taken more seriously by police and what you've said about cops refusing to leave the car alone happens too many times to count. Multiple times I've taken hostage and placed in a vehicle by the rebels only for then police to light up the car usually ending in mine and others deaths. It's just a blatant disregard for the hostage's life and although I don't care much about dying it just ruins everything.

It's a shame really as this is so commonplace I've noticed the amount of hostage taking has gone down loads, back when I originally joined police they were almost hourly things always enjoyable and now I see maybe 1 a day, maybe 2. 

i just miss hostage ops tbh

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the whole point,you've nailed i on the head right there. SOME OFFICERS will downright arrest you, and atm it seems to be the majority, there are some excellent cops who give awesome RP regardless of the situation, but it needs to be ALL, not some.
The thing is, is what i am trying to get at is if an officer wants to downright arrest you for a crime worth of an arrest and jail sentence he/she is still fufilling his/her roleplay. They are playing the role of an officer, if you have a gun in IRl you'd be arrested and sentenced, im not trying to make this in to a whole "But this is not an irl debate" But i am saying that if they wish to do that they are well within their right to within RP. As long as they give you strong RP as they are arresting you, and while they are taking you to prison nothing is wrong man

Just to stress the point again. Try to keep the topic civil. I know its hard on a "rant" post.

but if the topic gets out of hand it will be locked.

just want to add a point on the baiting part.

Half the times with fuel station robberies. People can cry about it being baiting. But iv never seen anyone be banned for it. If you want to rob a fuel station you dont do it for the gunfight you normally just do it for the money. This was only a rule on fuel stations before the money got increased. So if cops say its baiting now. id just refer them to a staff member.

Not really had a chance to read the whole of the post But i can say i agree with most of your points. But at the end of the day if you think police are breaking police rules why are you not making a PCC or telling higher ups to get rules enforced?
mate half the time you end up in TS and the higher up who was present normally will back them even if its obviously wrong, the chats normally take so long you all end up 'forgiving and forgetting' - and if they realize they've done wrong then thats fine, if not then i'd consider a PCC but from my eyes it seems any excuse will be made to justify it, and moreoften than not the excuse is the favored answer.

The thing is, is what i am trying to get at is if an officer wants to downright arrest you for a crime worth of an arrest and jail sentence he/she is still fufilling his/her roleplay. They are playing the role of an officer, if you have a gun in IRl you'd be arrested and sentenced, im not trying to make this in to a whole "But this is not an irl debate" But i am saying that if they wish to do that they are well within their right to within RP. As long as they give you strong RP as they are arresting you, and while they are taking you to prison nothing is wrong man
I agree, it's just more often than not the high RP isnt fulfilled, If you supply the roleplay that's fine, it will still more than likely end up in a gun fight as we don't want items removed.But if high RP is given then I don't have a problem with it.

Just to stress the point again. Try to keep the topic civil. I know its hard on a "rant" post.

but if the topic gets out of hand it will be locked.
Nah this topics not getting out of hand pal, just "Strong debating", when the swearing kicks in then you can Jean claude van ban them all like XD

shiiet this is long one, I need to prepare tea for this one. aye

Rants are great and I am sure most of the stuff written here is happening however do you know what's better? Evidence. 

If any of these things are happening on a regular basis put PCC/reports up against the individuals. Action or a change of attitude is difficult to put in place without it. Everyone knows how these kinds of posts end. 

I agree with alot of what TCK is saying, I like to do a string of gas station robbery's every now and then as I get into more RP Situations then anything else (which disappoints me and anyone who has Rp'd with me before knows ill try and make it new and interesting and 8/10 times I'm successfull) but I've had cops generally sound really bored with the situation and try to speed it up by immediately saying I'm lieing or counting me down or as soon as another situation arises they bugger off mid Rp.... I love Rp I had been running with a twin brother story for a while which had worked with every cop I had met cept one who just tazed me arrested me and fined me (which annoyed me cause its always funny trying to explain why you have 15 gas station robbery's and the point of my rp was to keep that going) anyways My point is police should at least try to.play along and Rp otherwise what's the point nothing against All cops I've had fantastic Rp with the older lot but the younger ones or ones that struggle with English (not all) I find don't wanna Rp

from being on both sides and being a cop right now, if I was to comment on any of this, what @Ant Arni said is true about the fuel station robberies, I find roleplay funner than gunfights (believe or not) because of the good laugh you can get out of it, to do with the whole getting involved with gunfights thing that in my opinion is just stupid, there is no point in a couple of PC's and PCSO's getting involved in a firefight between upwards of 10-15 rebels going at it with 7.62s as it is really just ruining the fun for everyone, but I must say, if I see a rebel rocking about with a big fuck off MK-1 and trying to pretend its something stupid like a walking stick, I'm not just going to let you put it in the car, that's not roleplay, that's just being an idiot and asking for it to be taken off you. I'm trying to be as middle of the wall as I can just saying what I think of the topics and if you see any of them happen, please just put in a PCC or a Report, Jamie

I haven't read all of it just parts as I have just woke up lol. You say police need to let things go, isn't this same for rebels?  As a cop you try to arrest someone and the guy always says I have friends in the area, if we do your idea, cops will never arrest anyone due to rebels not willing to go along with it and would rather die then be arrested. So the hole let it go thing for cops I disagree with, cuz rebels don't so why should police?  Police have let things go before I personally let the odd guy go depending on situation but 9/10 rebels don't give us a chance and just say friends in the area. So if anything that needs to change that is first in my view.

but I must say, if I see a rebel rocking about with a big fuck off MK-1 and trying to pretend its something stupid like a walking stick, I'm not just going to let you put it in the car, that's not roleplay, that's just being an idiot and asking for it to be taken off you. I'm trying to be as middle of the wall as I can just saying what I think of the topics and if you see any of them happen, please just put in a PCC or a Report, Jamie
Now this I agree with! tho i Admit ive used the "Its an Airsoft Gun/Heirloom" a Few times But mostly i pop it into my backpack as its common sense if you know police will be involved, but like Vlad (legend) and others Say if its Really Really bad Talk in TS and if that Doesn't work then file a report, Tho personally i prefer to Talk then Report (As Can be seen by my Zero Reports Since ive been on) But anyways Guy Im Glad this hasnt turned into a Sh*t Storm as most rant topics do SO Proud of you lot for that :) anyways said my bit this Jedi is of to work!

I haven't read all of it just parts as I have just woke up lol. You say police need to let things go, isn't this same for rebels?  As a cop you try to arrest someone and the guy always says I have friends in the area, if we do your idea, cops will never arrest anyone due to rebels not willing to go along with it and would rather die then be arrested. So the hole let it go thing for cops I disagree with, cuz rebels don't so why should police?  Police have let things go before I personally let the odd guy go depending on situation but 9/10 rebels don't give us a chance and just say friends in the area. So if anything that needs to change that is first in my view.
I think you should read all of it as he clearly doesn't mean officers should just let things go. What he's trying to say, I think, is that in a situation where the officer is clearly outmanned he should value his life instead of just going balls deep and opening fire on them. 

Rants are great and I am sure most of the stuff written here is happening however do you know what's better? Evidence. 

If any of these things are happening on a regular basis put PCC/reports up against the individuals. Action or a change of attitude is difficult to put in place without it. Everyone knows how these kinds of posts end. 
Yeah I get what you mean, some of things 'sort themselves out' in TS, the whole thing gets resolved as such but at the end of the day it does continue to happen so i'll begin to, but I don't feel you can get that far on PCCs because many of the things worth reporting are often carried out by higher ranks too.

Get what you mean but I don't mean they should always give up, I mean when someones surrounded, theres 1 cop, and they're surrounded by 3 - 15 rebels (yeah we've had situations like that) and instead of just leaving like we've asked, they decide to try and take someone out, when they know FULL well they'll die, it's the value of life, its the fact that you give people the choice to leave etc.

I agree with you 99% here. With my personal experiences, I often receive better roleplay from low ranks in the police forces (with some exceptions) however the higher ranks in the force are less likely to listen to you. One example is my rp with a DSGT (not naming names) but I was told to shut up and be quiet in his car and once in the station told aswell for 15 minutes while they performed a "counter terrorism operation" then after I asked to speak with a CI he just came up and said "oh your just wasting my time" and just got in a hunter and drove off. Some of the PCSO's rp is absouletely amazing and some high ranks are amazing aswell, however I feel like the majority of the time low ranks are just better at rping (MOSTLY ARMED RESPONSE).

My personal experience('s) with armed response: "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?", "OR ELSE WHAT?" (im pretty sure any rebel has experienced this)

trying to cause an initiation on them to go into a gunfight

However all said and done the rp from some police make up for a bit of it  ❤️

Please guys I can't read all this. I am only on mobile!

I agree with alot of what TCK is saying, I like to do a string of gas station robbery's every now and then as I get into more RP Situations then anything else (which disappoints me and anyone who has Rp'd with me before knows ill try and make it new and interesting and 8/10 times I'm successfull) but I've had cops generally sound really bored with the situation and try to speed it up by immediately saying I'm lieing or counting me down or as soon as another situation arises they bugger off mid Rp.... I love Rp I had been running with a twin brother story for a while which had worked with every cop I had met cept one who just tazed me arrested me and fined me (which annoyed me cause its always funny trying to explain why you have 15 gas station robbery's and the point of my rp was to keep that going) anyways My point is police should at least try to.play along and Rp otherwise what's the point nothing against All cops I've had fantastic Rp with the older lot but the younger ones or ones that struggle with English (not all) I find don't wanna Rp
You say we sound bored but what type of rp are you giving ? It is new and well thought out instead of the same old "fixing the alarm" story that we get 20 times a restart. So yeah when we get the same rp story every time it does get boring, come up with someone new and well thought out.

You say we sound bored but what type of rp are you giving ? It is new and well thought out instead of the same old "fixing the alarm" story that we get 20 times a restart. So yeah when we get the same rp story every time it does get boring, come up with someone new and well thought out.
Understand this, but still even when TCK come up with something completely random the same happens, a lot is to do with the officer

Roleplay goes both ways. There are so many ways to investigate something like this but cops are so dead when it comes to RP. 

Ive got a hundred different ways to roleplay a gas station. And a 100 more to evolve it. If the situation seems the same old to you, take an uexpected turn and make it interesting. 

Understand this, but still even when TCK come up with something completely random the same happens, a lot is to do with the officer
Of course there are officer that are not as good as others, there are over 300 officers. If you take the time to come up with a good interesting RP story and carry it out well you will most likely get away with it, the officer will always listen to your RP but it is up to them if you get away with it or not.

Back