What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

New Drug Dealing Meta

Tommo

Can the new drug dealing meta be reversed please.  It makes it very difficult for gangs selling when a customer will only buy of one person.

It will make it very difficult for Crims to make money, and takes away the biggest aspect of our income.

I feel like this will just push the server into more of a mining/smelting simulator.

Gangs should be getting more options in a crime game server, not having them taken away.

Just feels like another buff to police, lower crims abilities to be crims imo. didnt need changing , the dutch london exploit should be able to be fixed without ruining the entire system. (just my opinion)

Just feels like another buff to police, lower crims abilities to be crims imo. didnt need changing , the dutch london exploit should be able to be fixed without ruining the entire system. (just my opinion)
TBH after the stuff happened at dutch, we rarely sell there, and if we do we dont stop cars at all now.

Yeah so it just feels like a pointless fix that has ruined the entire system that was in place.

i truly wonder who makes up these decisions and if they actually play the same videogame we're all playing. shameless

There is not much crims can do to make money to stick to a RP story. I stick to a story where im a gang member and sell drugs it dont make sence for my character now to stop selling drugs and go out doing taxi work to make money. if there are 5+ people on a turf its going to make it hard to make money on a crim charactor 

If there are alot of drug dealers on a turf selling. A taxi driver is now going to make more money than a drug dealer what dose not make sence in the real world as a drug dealer makes more money as they take the risk getting caught with drugs they take the risk of selling the drugs they take the risk of prison time.

This also effect the future of RP because hardly any one are going to coming to gang members and asking about buying drugs i feel like this has taken away RP because people are going to be sitting on there own in a taxi Role Playing picking up and dropping off locals 

Last edited by a moderator:
For crims its hard, money is mainly through selling drugs. now and then taxi but everything is so repetitive. i feel like we are getting everything minimized and slowly taken away its hard enough making money and now its basically reduced it by 50%. you spend 3-4 hours of you day selling and you will make around 300-500k but with this change someone who's last to every sale could be looking at 150-250k for 4hours of selling effectively.

Just a thought. Maybe make this change with the crim update that way people have alternatives and it feels more like a levelling out instead of a loss.

the dutch london exploit should be able to be fixed without ruining the entire system
I fully agree with this which is why I made a change to revert this & properly fix the exploit within 5 minutes of finding out this change was added. Whether my change gets in or not is being discussed from our side.

Dynamic drug selling might be interesting - as the day goes on the price of different drugs fluctuates.

This would force people to sell more than 1 drug as otherwise it would be unprofitable. This also increases RP as different gangs may focus different drugs!

No idea how this update was even considered a good solution for an exploit that the majority of the players are aware of already.

For example when Cletus joined Grove, within a few days he and other newcomers to the gang was told by the leaders NOT to block the traffic on Dutch. This was done so that reselling to the same car won’t occur. 
And I can only assume that other gangs have done such as well. 
We are all aware of this exploit and we simply just don’t do it, not intentionally at least. There was no need to ruin the server in this way at all. 

If you want to bring up that it “it’s not realistic that one car buys from multiple people” then you might want to think about the realism of having gang members and basically everyone else who wants money on the server roaming around in taxis 24/7. 

Need to remember it’s a game, I really do hope that the fix 1A3 mentioned will be pushed through as soon as possible. Because the way it is now, is just not a solution to the “issue” as the “issue” still exist. The only outcome from this patch has been frustration and people leaving the server, that should say enough about it. 

Thanks for reading. 
Cleety out! 🤠

While you are reverting this back to how it should be, can you at least up the money you get from a bag of cocaine.

Should be earning a hell of a lot more, just seems proper capped seen as the punishment is harsh when and if you get caught by the police.

i truly wonder who makes up these decisions and if they actually play the same videogame we're all playing. shameless
What a shocking attitude towards something you get for free - some people really need to remember that the development team dedicate their time to this community for free, maybe the things they do aren't always perfect, but considering they aren't paid for any of it they do amazing work. 

We are currently reviewing this change and making note of what people like / don't like. No one has said that things won't change and non constructive feedback does not help us change the solution to be the best for the server and the players. The main reason this was implemented was to fix an exploit, not the one everyone is claiming it was to fix, but a different exploit all together. Please remember the development team are a group of volunteers that make changes based on what we think is best for the server. We don't have a crystal ball, or all the money in the world to release to a focus group before we go live with our changes. Like all the other volunteers in this community from the Staff, to the Faction Leads, we are all doing our best and sometimes issues arise from our changes. You are all within your right to be frustrated about these changes negatively impacting you, although providing non constructive feedback helps no one, and does nothing but lower moral on a team that spends a large majority of their free time developing for a community for purely their own enjoyment.

I think its also worth clarifying, I had absolutely no stake in this update but when people bash changes and updates, non constructively, you are not bashing the update you are bashing the person and entire team behind it. Please think carefully when making comments on this suggestions and comments as a whole. At the end of the day we are a community and there is no reason to be mean to one another, we are all here for the same reason. To have fun.   

With this new drug meta where only one person can sell to a npc is tiring because for me i used to be able to sell at any time of the day really but now its more of a 8am selling session within the server or a 1am selling session when no police are in the server making it much easier to sell rather than being caught and also makes it easier in the fact that most likely another person wont be there selling at the same area with you.

+1

Back