What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

No combat RP while in an interactive menu.

Nikolai Belski

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Brief Summary:

While another player is in a interactive menu, combat RP should not be engaged.

Detailed Suggestion:

There should be no camping in and around these spots specifically for this purpose. This would stop the powergame interaction of the "robber" starting the initiation while the "victim" is stuck in a menu with no control of their character other than talking. A change like this will stop people being forced into situations without having anyway of preventing it from happening in the first place. Menus I would consider to fall under this rule would be shops like Clothing, Tattoos, Hair Dressers, General Stores, LS Customs. I believe some people are fed up of trying to use stores and needing to watch their backs just in case someone follows them in just to rob them. I have experienced this a few times myself and just feel that the whole RP with it could improve for the situation.

Pros:

Better interaction RP
Both parties have control over the situation

Cons:

Harder for criminals to rob

Does this suggestion change the balance on the server?

Yes

• Eggplant
Reactions: Ade
The amount of times I have been robbed, or had someone attempt to rob me whilst in clothing stores, ATM screens, and looking up people on the PNC is ridiculous. Most of the time they know what they are doing as well. They want you stuck on a screen so they can take advantage of it

+1

Personally, I think It's fine that people do this. They try to attack/initiate a robbery whilst you are a in a vulnerable position, which tbf is smart. I've been on both ends of it and when potentially being on the receiving end a lot, as a cop for example, you learn to be more cautious and aware of your surroundings.

While another player is in a interactive menu, combat RP should not be engaged.
The main issue I can think of is the fact that there's no way for people to know if a person has a UI open (except for some like the PNC).

The main issue I can think of is the fact that there's no way for people to know if a person has a UI open (except for some like the PNC).
Personal opinion - Echoing this, this could basically make a 'safe zone' anywhere where you might do an interaction, causing bickering and problems.

That is a great point since it is an impossible thing to work out, maybe they are in the shop or maybe they are pretending etc.

Add cameras to every interactive store.

If a weapon is drawn inside these stores it sends an alert to police.

Doesn't remove the robbing from happening still atleast gives more stablity to the shops. However i guess if the person being robbed has a weapon he will be arrested lmao.

I like this suggestion +1
I do feel watching your back for walking into a store is a bit out of roleplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with George harris this will be too complicated to monitor, and some people would abuse it, and it would just be a whole other manner of complications and people complaining honestly think it should stay as it is.

Personal opinion - Echoing this, this could basically make a 'safe zone' anywhere where you might do an interaction, causing bickering and problems.
I understand this, however I have had it in the past before where people have asked me to do something on the PNC specifically to rob me, maybe have something making that sort of thing disallowed?

I think the 'robbing' has gone to the next level. I can't describe how terrible it is to go anywhere alone. I think we need a new rule, but I don't know if this is quite it. Perhaps not robbing people for the sake of it whenever any opportunity presents itself? I have no answers other than commenting the robbing is excessive and rarely results in great roleplay if any beyond 'hands up, don't move, we're robbing you.'

I think the 'robbing' has gone to the next level. I can't describe how terrible it is to go anywhere alone. I think we need a new rule, but I don't know if this is quite it. Perhaps not robbing people for the sake of it whenever any opportunity presents itself? I have no answers other than commenting the robbing is excessive and rarely results in great roleplay if any beyond 'hands up, don't move, we're robbing you.'
"No lootboxing" rule - Don't rob people for the fact you want their stuff but instead for roleplay

I would argue that robbing someone whilst they're in a ATM, Clothing store menu or anything that locks them to doing one thing is powergaming to be honest. 

Regardless, +1 from me.

I think its pretty simple as the op said. Make it a rule. If someone has to record it to send a report so be it. Then it's just like all the other rules. Provide clear evidence for it just like all other rule breaks. 

It doesn't need monitoring until the rule is broken. If, once implemented, floods of reports come in then it will need reviewing. 

Thats just common sense.

I fully agree with Greg. This is just power gaming. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Would just be odd like people could use the menu of a shop as a safezone. 😂 +1 for police on a PNC though.

There's no way of really roleplaying out the fact you can't rob someone because they are putting trousers on. Feel like it's very well within RP to be court lacking ect while trying on clothes. I find it scummy but idk if it's really worth adding a rule for 

+1 

going into the shops we should be more vigilant but people that camp shops or fuel stations all night is wrong 

Back