What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Player Owned Radio Channel

Stevie

Brief description would be a player owned radio channel that consists of a few hosts who organize their own radio shows.

Features and ideas for the radio:
1 - DJ's can be hired to host their own shows either playing from their playlist or taking in requests from the public to be played over that radio channel
2 - Weazel News Hour where memeber(s) of Weazel News give us the latest drama, take calls, do interviews advertise shops, competitions etc (Up to them of course on what they'd like to do)
3 - Inviting members of the city for podcasts, singing/rapping shows.
4 - When hosts are away, we can have a city made playlist of different songs that plays on repeat (organized and approved by the hosts before hand)
5 - Hosting of different competitions like call us, we'll give you a question if you get it right you get the reward type of thing.
6 - Small office or building where the hosts can sit down and broadcast from.
7 - Whenever a host is online you could receive a text or a small message box pops up x person is live atm. 
8 - Since you'd only be able to access the radio from cars, we could possibly in the future add a feature for a radio app and availability to listen to it from inside of shops etc.
9 - People who can't attend events or if they're busy doing something they can listen in to things like the Sunday Mass, how events are going etc.

All of this depends on the availability of the hosts and if they'd like to dedicate their time. 
I'm sure there's more ideas out there for something like this. This isn't something we need but I think it would be nice to see in the future. 

The majority of this would need to be externally setup and no reason why someone who has experience in the field of online radio stations couldn't do so. It could then be streamed easy enough in a similar way to the DJ booths I would have thought.

The majority of this would need to be externally setup and no reason why someone who has experience in the field of online radio stations couldn't do so. It could then be streamed easy enough in a similar way to the DJ booths I would have thought.
It's not that complicated either, I made basically this idea for another server a few months ago and used a pretty basic setup of IceCast then LiquidSoap for AutoDJ. There's also the possibility to listen via the web too so there could even be a page on the forums for it.

I love the idea, but it might be rather resource intensive? The RP potential is.. Good Morning Vietnam anyone??
The script I have which adds it to the radio wheel and allows volume control using the music volume setting in GTA settings uses around 0.01-0.02ms

The standard radio stations are outdated. 

we could change them all of them to custom stations each which current songs + classics depending on the genre. Most of the current songs in gta can be reused. 

You could hold polls for community choices on songs and just use the charts to fill the gaps. 

the extra bandwidth this might use could increase lag but I'm by no means a fivem dev so I'm not sure if that how it works. 

It would just make the experience a little bit better as ull find your favourites and you'll be able to actually hear it.

You could adjust volumes and potentially be able to hear it from the exterior for car meets etc. This feature would be limited to a moderate volume with the car parked and a close proximity to prevent trolling. Similar to "normal" VoIP range.

Back