What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Please stop the city black hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hepps

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Brief Summary:

Extend the amount of time and distance between owners and owned vehicles before the local impound workers sweep it up.

Detailed Suggestion:

Please look to extend the 'inactivity' with the vehicle or the distance required to allow people to avoid disruption.

It's really frustrating when you're running things from your driveway to your storage in your house and the city sweeps up your vehicle and doesn't return it until after the next storm.  It's happened a few times now, most will say just park it up - I normally do but sometimes forget and it vanishes.  Same happened at the Marina, although the distance was quite far.

The Pros:

Allows players to use their vehicle instead of having to put it into storage then back out, rinse and repeat multiple times.

The Cons:

More vehicles might be left abandoned in the city - with this only applying to owned (players with keys) I don't see it having too much of an impact.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

I don't think so.

The only Reason that The Vehicle was sucked up into the black hole is due to having to active players within that area

For example when you go into your house you are under sandy shores but your vehicle is back where your house is, if there is no player within the loaded chunk of your vehicle (if im correct that his) the Vehicle will just despawn. 

if you are moving stuff from your house to a Vehicle the best bet is to store the vehicle each time or have a friend outside the house, I don't think the devs can do much about this due to it's like a clean up of unloaded chunks to help to server run smoother 

The only Reason that The Vehicle was sucked up into the black hole is due to having to active players within that area

For example when you go into your house you are under sandy shores but your vehicle is back where your house is, if there is no player within the loaded chunk of your vehicle (if im correct that his) the Vehicle will just despawn. 

if you are moving stuff from your house to a Vehicle the best bet is to store the vehicle each time or have a friend outside the house, I don't think the devs can do much about this due to it's like a clean up of unloaded chunks to help to server run smoother 
Yeah I think I get that was the reason but would be nice if they could change the code to allow it to last a little longer, giving people a chance to get back to them when mistakenly not garaged.

If people left them out whilst inside the house, it leaves it open for being stolen - like in real life, I know someone who had that done to them.

would be nice if they could change the code to allow it to last a little longer
It isn't our code, it's a base FiveM thing which is done for performance reasons.

Damn, that’s a shame you can’t tweak some things like this.  Thanks for confirming it 👍🏻👍🏻

Rejected - Base FiveM Mechanics​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back