What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police RP is shocking with Hostage Situations.

Moved to Community Chat as no obvious suggestion being made..

I was one of the hostages in the bank, i get you guys say you didn't want a shootout, but you guys were armed to the teeth aswell, pretty sure all of you had guns, so you were almost seeming to half-expect a shootout to go down?

I was one of the hostages in the bank, i get you guys say you didn't want a shootout, but you guys were armed to the teeth aswell, pretty sure all of you had guns, so you were almost seeming to half-expect a shootout to go down?
it's a case of police has to follow along with the rest of the server

if every crim and their mom didn't have a gun and they were easy to get for 1/3 of the players on the server, frontline probably wouldn't have service pistols.

but they do, so we have to be able to protect ourselves(hence why frontline only can use them defensively), so you know, ofc. we're all armed, do you want us to just lay down and be shot?

@Nikolai sorry i meant the robbers were all armed to the teeth, of course armed police makes sense 

Alright fair, but again. I think the main argument here is that it is a RP server, if I wanted to shoot a gun, theres thousand different fps games i can play. The main point of this suggestion is to minimise the gun fights and enhance RP. 

If thats your only argument here, then I think hostage situations are of no use then. I think the police should breach every hostage situation since that is a serious crime irl. I think you just don't take into account, the amount of work crims have to put in, in order to setup a heist like the big bank. All the police have to do is spawn in, go to the armoury grab there weapon and boom you are ready for a gunfight. Sure there should be risk of a breach or whatever but make the situation fun. The cops always have more units, more resources at there disposal than crims.

The same rule applies to the crims as well?
I meant to respond to this.  

1000 ways the roleplay could have gone down but you guys were all armed like it is a fps game you know what I mean?  Not trying to be rude or nothing but aswell i didnt hear any demands stating they didn't want a shootout or demands for a clear path for their car etc

Hi, being armed to the teeth makes sense in roleplay. You cant go in rob the biggest bank with knives. There is about 5mil in the bank, and the equipment we had almost cost 4mil. If we went in with knives, you can't expect the police to just let us get the criminals get away with 5mil when all they spend was a couple of thousand on knives. The guns were there for intimidation, if we wanted a shootout, we wouldn't have let the police get the upper hand on us. 

Yeah thread number 600 of police RP is awful cause we didn't win is normally going to get that response.
No-one is moaning about not winning mate , please read the whole thing and try to understand 😉

Many threads came before this one mate good luck with the 20000 time.
Hopefully Cops will understand I from my end joined with another persona the police department to understand them and do some other RP then Crim but maybe there is something we all need to see here.... One thing is for sure the FireArms unit just wants gun fights they do not care about RP is a fact tbh after many many situations ...

I wouldn't waste your time with this thread, you won't get anywhere.
All we can do is share out thoughts hopping everyone sees the other side of the stories as well. There might be someone who will actually try to read and understand and not think we here to moan about some stupid items lost in game lol 

All we can do is share out thoughts hopping everyone sees the other side of the stories as well. There might be someone who will actually try to read and understand and not think we here to moan about some stupid items lost in game lol 

It was the same on Arma since 2014, it's the same on FiveM in 2022. It's one of those things that isn't going to change. Like the terrible RP of taking cops hostage for a full hour and a half with minimal interaction and the 'value of life' rule being thrown at them the second they show any resistance. These things don't change, I've come to accept it, don't like it still, but it's how it was on Arma and how it remains on FiveM.

they werent intimidated by heavy guns, you think they will be by knives? 
if they don't know you have knives that can't be certain of what you have, meaning they need to be careful.
it's all about planning, even if you did that before aswell, plan better next time

if they don't know you have knives that can't be certain of what you have, meaning they need to be careful.
it's all about planning, even if you did that before aswell, plan better next time
cameras in the bank .....

cameras in the bank .....
You need to be at the MRPD (Unsure if Vespucci ones still work) which if their is low numbers may not be possible along with the fact you need to know how to access them / controls and how to communicate said information (Which for some people it may be hard to do). 

When will anyone learn that trying to have fun on the server is not gonna happen with the current Police state that its in, They don't allow Police chases and if they do TC is auth after 30 seconds literally, They have no  business Breaching when you have 4-5 hostages, They don't fully understand that criminals are trying to have fun i.e. have a police chase, try and get away, at least have a chance but its not allowed because its quite literally win mentally and even if its not that is what it looks like from the crims side anyways. All in all the police needs to change its mentality and remember its only a game and remember that you are ruining someone else night or maybe 1-2 days of playing with the jail sentences that are giving out nowadays. Its not Real life lads calm down a bit have some fun with it no one really cares if they get away. I mean what's the point of RPU even being at a bank robbery realistically ? there is not.

Now before anyone says anything, I have friends that only play cop and will say the same thing, I have nothing against Joshua or Barry or any of the lads but things to change with the mentality within its force i mean Be firm but fair with everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do feel its getting worse. Ive had some incidents in the past few days with the police where it could absolutely have been played out better.

The one that stands out was when I was up on coalition hill. I was on my bike, yes i had stuff on me but was not actively doing anything. I accidentally rode the bike over a barrier and fell down the hill a way. At this time a police officer who shall not be named actively rammed and "bonneted" another bike rider who was also not actively dealing but simply in proximity of the area and arrested him. That incident is, i believe, going to court.

In my situation 2 officers rushed down the hill, one of them pointing a gun at me going hands up etc we are going to search you. I questioned what exactly? For being in the park? running around on the grass? Justification from them was "you are in a known high traffic area for drugs" that was their best  reason for a search. No such thing as probable cause any more it seems. In the end I walked off and told them where to shove it, because this is a piss poor interaction with piss poor justification for a search. I almost thought id landed in the good old us of a with its lower standards of policing.

I think collectively the police players need to start holding each other accountable more. If it means senior ranks patrolling with junior so be it. The standard needs to be lifted. Don't get me wrong I have had some great interactions some times but lately its getting worse again. It seems like a recruitment drive was initiated, to great success, for officers with single braincells that cannot comprehend anything other than the most basic concept of right and wrong. I feel sorry for the good ones who like to have a little bit of fun. I know you put up with toxic morons who just spout shit because the lower lifeforms of the basic criminal are often far worse but the application process to become a police officer really needs to weed out some of these idiots with badges. Or on going performance reviews etc. I dont envy police command either but if you want the position then you better do your job better.

Before anyone weighs in on oh well there is a complaints process for police complaints, I know there is, I've tried to make one, failed miserably and gave up, its not my job to police the police, but it should be proactive policing not reactive. If you cant see issues in your own department then you're not much of a leader. Maybe consider an Internal affairs type division and sort out the shit 🙂

Back