What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police RP is shocking with Hostage Situations.

Yes , exactly this is what I mean like is a GAME ! we all need to be able to enjoy it and not make it about showing off our EGO's.

Anyone who plays a game is due to them want to have some good time not deal with stupid shit or take stress. Fun is not being Stopped at the 1st Opportunity but trying to play along.... Cops in general I think is more to do with the Fire ARMS units I seen them giving some very very BAD RP and do the F they want just because they can by staying on the edge of rules. If we just find ways to cover ourselves from Rules we shouldn't really abuse that in my opinion … I seen a Fire Arm unit on the hill  for few hours in a raw just going there having a 1 vs 3 shootouts and not really trying to RP but just point guns/ teasers and do quick arrests come back and keep on doing the same dude like try to at least have some RP is not like everyone is for 1000% selling there just because they are there on a bike.... I really hope someone who has the power takes time to read these so we can for once change something for better.

hen will anyone learn that trying to have fun on the server is not gonna happen with the current Police state that its in, They don't allow Police chases and if they do TC is auth after 30 seconds literally, They have no  business Breaching when you have 4-5 hostages, They don't fully understand that criminals are trying to have fun i.e. have a police chase, try and get away, at least have a chance but its not allowed because its quite literally win mentally and even if its not that is what it looks like from the crims side anyways. All in all the police needs to change its mentality and remember its only a game and remember that you are ruining someone else night or maybe 1-2 days of playing with the jail sentences that are giving out nowadays. Its not Real life lads calm down a bit have some fun with it no one really cares if they get away. I mean what's the point of RPU even being at a bank robbery realistically ? there is not.

Now before anyone says anything, I have friends that only play cop and will say the same thing, I have nothing against Joshua or Barry or any of the lads but things to change with the mentality within its force i mean Be firm but fair with everyone.

First week in a city i was a hostage in a bank robbery, both police and robbers RP the situation amazingly and I walked away fine. I think it all depends on  having the right people involved in the scene and everyone knowing what they are doing, then you get the best outcome and you can really enjoy the RP that way! @JustHamzaPK

First week in a city i was a hostage in a bank robbery, both police and robbers RP the situation amazingly and I walked away fine. I think it all depends on  having the right people involved in the scene and everyone knowing what they are doing, then you get the best outcome and you can really enjoy the RP that way! 
100% Agree but trust me when I say there are people who just want to win regardless of situations this post is just to get it out here in the community to try and stop that as you can understand from your experience would be bad if they just storm in while having 5 hostages is crazy …

I've personally seen some great situations with some great outcomes. However I've also seen some situations along with outcomes that could have been approached and dealt with in a more effective manner.

No one is perfect, the only way to tackle issues where you feel like a situation had been dealt with incorrectly or could have been completed in a more effective manner is to ensure you follow out the process. Hostages who felt like their lives were not valued by the police following through the legal system. Along with discussions like these to point out where we are going wrong.

The biggest change we can make is by those who deal with such situations to take a step back afterwards and take an external view asking those questions either to yourself persoanlly or in a de-breif after such a situation.

Do I think It would have been dealt with in a more effective manner?

Did we prioritise life over property?

What can we do next time to improve?

This is an adult community, the best improvement I have seen from people in the past has been self inflicted. Being able to admit when you was wrong or could have done better.

Hi, being armed to the teeth makes sense in roleplay. You cant go in rob the biggest bank with knives. There is about 5mil in the bank, and the equipment we had almost cost 4mil. If we went in with knives, you can't expect the police to just let us get the criminals get away with 5mil when all they spend was a couple of thousand on knives. The guns were there for intimidation, if we wanted a shootout, we wouldn't have let the police get the upper hand on us. 
Not trying to troll here but you absolutely can rob the big bank with just knives. I was part of a robbery about a month or so ago that did just that. We had a single gun between us because someone decided they needed it, the rest of us had knives or no weapons at all. The only reason we had the one gun was to ensure that the hostages complied early and easily. 

Once we got inside the bank and started to do our thing we had the same responses as youve all described in here. We had police making comments along the lines of "lets mag dump them when they come out" and all sorts of stuff. 

For the record, we got away the money and spent it pretty much the next day but it absolutely can be done with some brainpower, its not just firepower. The great thing about the police is you can outsmart them in the majority of situations but if they rigidly stick to their scripts like Daleks then there isnt a great deal you can do. Its a shame but thats life with the police. There are a few absolute legends within their ranks who will just go along with the storyline but there are a whole lot more who literally cannot think beyond the mechanics laid down for them to go through their processes - SEARCH SEARCH ARREST!! etc 

Its a sad state of affairs but it is what it is. 

I am a bit late but had to say something based on some of the replies. To people saying that all of these threads are created because the author 'lost' a situation, how else would the issue arise?

Put it this way, If they were to have 'won' the situation, that would likely mean the hostages were released safely so there would be no reason to criticise the police, but if they were to 'lose' the situation due to police breaching unnecessarily then of course they wouldn't be happy and have a right to voice their concern to get others perspectives on the problem.

Its like someone being deliberately tripped over in a race and when they bring it up after they are met with, 'You are only complaining because you lost'. Like yeah maybe they are but does that invalidate the fact that they were tripped? No. So if police breach unnecessarily and do not value the lives of the hostages, does that mean the hostage takers 'losing' the situation would invalidate the fact that the breach was unnecessary and the lives of the hostages were not valued? 

In what situation would hostage takers be able to 'win', if the police had breached? the two just don't go together. So of course all of these issues will stem from a situation being 'lost', but that isn't a get out of jail free card to dodge responsibility.

Of course there is times when a breach is necessary and if someone starts complaining about a situation like that, then that is totally different and I would side with the police in such a scenario. It just seems that no matter the circumstances of the situation, the most common response from police is 'you are complaining because you lost' whilst dismissing the issue at hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to be involved in this situation can you imagine me a copper i sure would rp it well but obviously not as Karen Mackee lol

forgot to add i have applied to the police force just need to post 16 more comments so i can change my name to Julie Johnson Karen MacKee is in prison probs for life lol

Back