What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police Split

More active police. Command can influence this but Id rather not have any more of them.
I believe command do a good job to make people active by giving out rewards, however I think the problem is getting a lot of cops to make the initial jump to S2 because its very hard to police server 2 as there are a lot of rebel gangs who role around in large number and low numbers of cops and therefore there is nothing we can do to stop them as it would be not valuing our lives to try and take them on.

I can identify what the issue with cops and server 2 is right here, right now. 

3 or 4 cops, along with myself, usually log on to server 2, and (try) to get other people to come on with us. Most of the time, because there are a small number of cops, rebels run around in Kavala causing chaos because they know that we are hopelessly outnumbered.

Rebels control server 2 because there are few cops online; there are few cops online because rebels control server 2 - Why would you want to log on to a server just to be taken hostage/ robbed/ told to "piss off or be shot"?

I've been trying for years, (literal years...) to try and fix this, and we do see the odd occasion where we get some cops online, but even when that does happen, it always ends up in constant gunfights.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can identify what the issue with cops and server 2 is right here, right now. 

3 or 4 cops, along with myself, usually log on to server 2, and (try) to get other people to come on with us. Most of the time, because there are a small number of cops, rebels run around in Kavala causing chaos because they know that we are hopelessly outnumbered.

Rebels control server 2 because there are few cops online; there are few cops online because rebels control server 2 - Why would you want to log on to a server just to be taken hostage/ robbed/ told to "piss off or be shot"?

I've been trying for years, (literal years...) to try and fix this, and we do see the odd occasion where we get some cops online, but even when that does happen, it always ends up in constant gunfights.
Could it possibly be a thing for Sierra Oscar to manage? To distribute officers across both servers, similar to how we distribute officers across the map?

I am literally sick of hobos with guns who say: ,,I have friends in the area, hands up or they will shoot you"... a countdown is a lot better than that...at least you know how much time you have until you get shot...

I am literally sick of hobos with guns who say: ,,I have friends in the area, hands up or they will shoot you"... a countdown is a lot better than that...at least you know how much time you have until you get shot...
IMG_9710.GIF

I think this should apply on a cap basis. 

For example:

*Should there be a minimum of 12 police on server 1, Subsequent logins by officers will occur on Server 2. A balanced number of officers should be maintained once both servers have reached 12 officers. This applies during peak server times, or otherwise recognized as a minimum of 70 civilians on each server.

That's 6 patrols of 2 officers. Which really isn't enough per server during peak times, but I agree Server 2 needs some love from the police force.

Or:

*During peak server times, Defined as 50 civilians or more on each server: 2 Officers are permitted for every 10 civilians on Server 1. Once ratio is met, subsequent logins by officers will occur on Server 2 until proper ratio is met on both servers. Once ratio is achieved on Server 1 and 2, a balanced number of officers should be maintained.

Orrrrrr... As Vladic ka said... just login to the server with the least amount of officers.

I just wanted to try out some fancy rule wording :3

+1, I say this would be very beneficial as it'd stop 'gangs' taking over server 2 for example. The officers should be spread out amongst server 1/2 making sure it's equal and you're not going onto server 1 just because there's more action...that's not what the police is about, well most people think it is sadly.

This is the bit that I have an issue with as no they shouldnt be switching servers as per this rule:

(2.11) Teleporting, Once you have spawned in you are unable to respawn unless you have been killed or are stuck in a position due to a bug (please take screenshots), For example you cannot respawn to get to another location quicker - Punishment is a ban.

Switching servers is essentially teleporting.
Considering this rule was put in place to stop people teleporting to get an advantage, I don't really see changing servers as an advantage. Maybe it should be clarified?

Exactly. You can limit joining police to go on a certain server but if i'm personally forced to go on server 2 with shitty gangs who do not belong on this server then i'd much rather not play the game.

🤓

Police Officers are allowed to join whatever server they wanna join. We are playing on this community to have an enjoyable experience, just like anyone else playing on the server. I only join Server 1 because I receive much better role-play on that server then I would receive on Server 2. Have tried Server 2 several times, I was consistently being harassed by large groups of rebels, robbed or taken hostage. You can't force people to play on a certain server, which they don't wanna play on.

Stop creating even more rules, I think we already have a ridiculous amount of rules on this community anyway and therefor people are more 'Rule-playing' then role-playing.

🤓

Police Officers are allowed to join whatever server they wanna join. We are playing on this community to have an enjoyable experience, just like anyone else playing on the server. I only join Server 1 because I receive much better role-play on that server then I would receive on Server 2. Have tried Server 2 several times, I was consistently being harassed by large groups of rebels, robbed or taken hostage. You can't force people to play on a certain server, which they don't wanna play on.

Stop creating even more rules, I think we already have a ridiculous amount of rules on this community anyway and therefor people are more 'Rule-playing' then role-playing.
This isn't about creating a rule to force people to play on server 2. You've got the wrong end of the stick.

This is establishing wether officers that WANT to play on the server can be ASKED (to clarify not FORCED) to play on server 2 so that there's a more even police presence.

🤓

Woah there horsey!

Take a step back from your keyboard and go have a cup of tea mate then re-read what you wrote. At what point was this about rules exactly and why are people using this thread to go way off topic? 

I really don't get where all the aggression is coming from here. All that has been asked is if people have an issue with staff asking police to join server 2 if they are logging in to split the load. A request. Not a demand. Not a rule. Don't get your knickers in a twist. 

🤓

Yeah alright, I misinterpreted the post slightly, however people were talking about a potential 'Rule/Guideline' which I do not agree on. The post wasn't meant in an aggressive manner, just putting my opinion out there. Because sometimes people forget that the whole point of you playing on the server/community is to have an fun experience yourself and giving another player a great experience as well in the meantime.

Back on-topic:  A message from Staff/management is fine by me, however was it effective back in the day? Because what I can remember is that most of the Police Officers stayed on Server 1 anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong!   Server 1 is just known by the Police as being a better server (role-play wise), and more Police Officers in service, meaning more assistance available to deal with a suspect(s). The chance of you (the Police Officer) being harassed/robbed or taken hostage is less likely, therefor it seen as a more enjoyable experience. @SI Tampax has tried to get Police Officers to join Server 2 several times, with minimal results. I have tried Server 2 several times as well, however haven't had an enjoyable experience on Server 2 so far. 🙁

I think it is a good idea that the management ask cops do switch server if their it is needed for patroling the server.  Ive seen days with 30+ Cops on server 1. And 3-6 cops on server 2 while Server 2 had 60-70 Civils on it. Very Easy for the civils to do crimes without getting cought. 9a606f85b56eab5ae3bf4eb04c476529_geek-memes-nerd-memes-20-memes-geek_392-379.jpeg

The new rule has made my self allocated task of keeping server 2 covered by cops even harder...

I'd love to be able to get people over there again when there are 10-20 armed rebels thinking they're hard knocking about in Kavala against 4 PCSO's.

+1
I'd like to pitch in with a perspective from a gang which predominantly play on S2 (Psychos) and its my hope that this is valued as well. We as a gang also enjoy the server when there are more police on the server. Among other things it emphasizes the need to be more carefull when carrying out ops/runs. Its alot more interesting doing a risky operation when you know there's a darter somewhere 500m up in the air and a police force of 15+ waiting in the bushes.

If I understand this then it would mean a 50% - 50% split on police across the 2 servers....

Well often there is 130+ on server 1, but only 20-50 on server 2....

If this is the case then the percentage police to everyone else will be unproportional; perhaps a proportional ratio would be the way forward? such that if 70 players on S1, and 30 players on S2, then 70% of police go on S1 and 30% on S2? 
+1 on the proportional split. Instead of splitting the police force 50/50 if the server's population is not split 50/50 between S1 and S2. It would make sense to match the total amount of police online on both servers split proportionally among the servers, making it more balanced.

I have played on both servers as a cop on server two there is less chance of roleplay as most things end in a shoot out but I think it might work.
While im a gang rep for Psychos Im still fairly new to the server (2-3 months), Im not quite sure how the RP between rebels and police differentiate between the servers? Are we on S2 just not as skilled at RPing with the cops as they are on S1? Is there a missed opportunity here to increase the overall level of RP quality by allowing the rebels on S2 to learn from how "proper rebel vs cop RP" is carried out? 

I think its perfectly acceptable to ask people to swap servers however in no way should be enforced or pressured into doing so. 

I see this as an issue for police command rather than admins.  Whichever senior officers are on duty when the servers restart and 2 goes online could actively manage the numbers and ask a proportionate number of officers to go on duty on each server.  By proportionate I mean 25 to patrol a population of 130 on server 1, and 12 for a population of 60 on server 2.

If the numbers become unbalanced it ought to be an easy fix to ask some to swap.  In this instance, and so long as they are not screwing someones HM by dropping below 10 I don't see an issue.  If they arrive during an operation on their allocated server then they simply don't take part.  This is easy enough to monitor with the login messages.  As regards teleporting, it doesn't give them any individual advantage and so I don't see it as a rule breach, providing of course that a senior officer has made the request.

If officers don't want to change server, well again that is a matter for police command, do they make it enforceable or accept that this is game time and allow people to enjoy their play?  Their decision.

But again, isnt hoping servers banable because is considered teleporting?
The idea of the post is that we are not asking people to SWAP we are asking them BEFORE they log in to the server to play on server 2 (NOT making them/forcing them)

^the above also applies to you, @Mr Gibbins

As an observation, we currently have 80 players on S1 with cops present, and 98 on S2 with 0 cops.

Back